WTF - Washed the Paint Off the JL Wrangler Grill

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow! That might get covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Doesn’t hurt to ask

jesse3638

Hooked
That sucks. I'd say if there were paint issues maybe ask the dealer if something can be done. I've always been apprehensive about using a pressure washer on paint for that very reason.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Total bummer. Hopefully it doesn't become an issue throughout the other part of the Jeep. I agree with several here though, time for your angry bird or grumper

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

yeah that paint didn't go on a prepped surface for sure, theres no adhesion there. How much these cost? 50kish?..... :doh: first model year problems I suppose, hopefully they spring for the repaint of the grille for ya and its just the plastic grille and the rest is good to go

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Oops. Factory paint seems questionable on everything anymore.

I peeled the chrome off our car grill. I kind of avoid the pressure washer vs paint now.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Factory paint sucks balls. Since I got this Jeep, I've had to make sure I don't rub too hard when drying the Jeep or the paint will come off on the towel. Doesn't surprise me Eddie that the paint came off in the wash. I am not impressed with the white paint on Blanca at all. I'll never own another white vehicle. It's a bit thin in places where it shouldn't be. Just piss poor. Didn't have these 3rd world problems with the red one. I will stick with a dark color the next Jeep I get.

Top Bottom