CJ5 vs CJ7

holliewood61

Md juan is actually the only manufacturer of steel replacement jeep tubs. The omix tub is made by md juan. Omix may take it and do a little to improve the fit and finish, but at the end of the day its a md juan tub

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
You guys chime in, if I'm wrong. How reliable is the AMC 304? Aside from shitty gas mileage, is that why so many CJs have Small Block Chevy's? I know a guy that breaks down, just about every time he drives his CJ7. It has a 304 and manual transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing wrong with AMC motors. They used a mixture of bolt on parts like carbs & ignition pieces from other manufacturers over the years but from the intake down to the oil pan its all AMC. The 304/360/401 all share the same architecture, there is no big block so if you wanted to fit the 401 in its a simple bolt in. And they can be made to run damn good. Knew a guy that had a build 360 in his CJ7 that'd pull wheelies all day long.

Guys swapped to the small block Chevys same reason they do the LS's in JK's: Cheap, parts availability excellent, lot of aftermarket support.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Nothing wrong with AMC motors. They used a mixture of bolt on parts like carbs & ignition pieces from other manufacturers over the years but from the intake down to the oil pan its all AMC. The 304/360/401 all share the same architecture, there is no big block so if you wanted to fit the 401 in its a simple bolt in. And they can be made to run damn good. Knew a guy that had a build 360 in his CJ7 that'd pull wheelies all day long.

Guys swapped to the small block Chevys same reason they do the LS's in JK's: Cheap, parts availability excellent, lot of aftermarket support.

Gotcha. My friend may just need to give his a little tlc, but he's a tightwad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom