Grown men bickering like little girls. This is my last post on your forum.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Dennis Wood & the guys from Teraflex are in SA

Wow...LOL...ok.

Search on Amazon for Made in USA stickers. It's not like they're only issued via special certifications...like say...ISO.

You can disagree with me and "nope" yourselves into a U-S-A...U-S-A chant followed by a hand-on-heart rendition of God Bless the USA with four-part harmony all you want because of my last post. I work in OEM automotive sourcing as a component BUYER for "US-made" goods and I'm telling you the whole Made in USA thing is not as cut and dry as you might think.

Take any US-assembled vehicle with driveline components coming out of Mexico. Then go to the WTO online system and look up the flow of sub-components flowing into Mexico by country. North Korea is Mexico's biggest source for bearings. The vehicle you chose likely has bearings from North Korea even though the driveline is from Mexico. Sickening, right?

Some aftermarkets are legit when they claim to be American made, some are just exploiting it. Just do your homework is all I'm saying.

I'm not saying TF is the best out there over anyone else either. I have nothing against Dynatrac or Currie. I'm just stating facts based on my experience that my TF CRD 60 rear axle showed up from Utah in a well-built pine and chip-plywood box and not one made from bamboo wood. The axle had all its tabs and brackets fully welded with consistant machining and coating and so far it has all worked out. The documentation was free from grammar errors, was printed on regular stock paper as good as what is in my copier (as opposed to that shitty rice paper like what comes with Harbor Freight tools).

BTW: Your JK and JL wiring is made in Mexico (Yazaki affiliates) and your ARB locker from your pure American made aftermarket axle that's bolted beneath it is actually made in Melbourne, Australia.

“For a product to be called Made in USA, or claimed to be of domestic origin without qualifications or limits on the claim, the product must be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. The term "United States," as referred to in the Enforcement Policy Statement, includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories and possessions.”

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-made-usa-standard#standard

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/plain-language/bus03-complying-made-usa-standard.pdf

http://gdlsk.com/knowledge/97-failu...igin-can-result-in-substantial-penalties.html

IMG_1100.JPG

There are stiff penalties in place. That’s why companies use the other terms I posted, earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are just a few examples of TeraFlex quality:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37869-Teraflex-Bad-rep-for-a-reason-or-isolated-cases
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks

Regardless of where they "assemble" their products, the quality of them is hit or miss at best. If what you have is holding up, more power to you. With any luck, they'll continue to hold up.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have the TF big brake kit. Thankfully I’ve had no issues with it. At the time it was the only option. I’d probably go with the Dynatrac kit if I were upgrading today.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I can tell you I know EVO MFg, is all done right here in the United States and they have outstanding customer service. Another company I know for a fact their parts are built right here in the United States is Rock Krawler. I know some people don’t care for them, but they helped my out a ton while I was stationed in Europe and gave me my x-factor 3.5 lift for a huge discount for serving overseas. I ordered the lift when I was in Afghanistan and Jeremy hooked me up. The reason I bought from Rock Krawler is because he is from upstate New York outside of Albany where I grew up. I have met him a couple of times and is a great guy. He gave me a tour of his manufacturing shop. So, definetly not made in China. Again, this is also why I buy EVO parts , made in the US and outstanding customer service and very helpful.

So, go be happy with your shittybuilt and Teraflex parts. I bought Teraflex parts once and did not even last a year. Complete crap.

Attachments

• D91DD615-EBF0-42A8-ADB7-7D9ABD87F717.jpg
    D91DD615-EBF0-42A8-ADB7-7D9ABD87F717.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 247
  • B5A830A9-8779-4C2F-A9A2-6A45CCF74C12.jpg
    B5A830A9-8779-4C2F-A9A2-6A45CCF74C12.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 256
You can disagree with me and "nope" yourselves .........and I'm telling you the whole Made in USA thing is not as cut and dry as you might think.

My “nope” comment was specific to our products. And I think I would know if we weren’t made in the USA. Our Central Command has components that are made in China. It’s pretty damn hard not to find electrical parts that aren’t. The heart is assembled in Mexico (as Eaton makes it specific for us, to our specifications, and isn’t sold in the same configuration to the gen pop). We however build everything else and assemble it right here in Bountiful Utah. Our other products come from USA, and again assembled, piece by piece. There are no “shipping containers” on site. Just a guy trying to make a buck working his ass off, and trying to keep things in the USA.

We are approached every day by companies to do our parts OUS. Could we make more margins by doing so? YEP! But we choose not to. With regards to the other companies...... any other company...... no comment because it’s not my place. Jeep on!

SDG

Caught the Bug
My “nope” comment was specific to our products. And I think I would know if we weren’t made in the USA. Our Central Command has components that are made in China. It’s pretty damn hard not to find electrical parts that aren’t. The heart is assembled in Mexico (as Eaton makes it specific for us, to our specifications, and isn’t sold in the same configuration to the gen pop). We however build everything else and assemble it right here in Bountiful Utah. Our other products come from USA, and again assembled, piece by piece. There are no “shipping containers” on site. Just a guy trying to make a buck working his ass off, and trying to keep things in the USA.

We are approached every day by companies to do our parts OUS. Could we make more margins by doing so? YEP! But we choose not to. With regards to the other companies...... any other company...... no comment because it’s not my place. Jeep on!

Agreed with that. Electronics is impossible to be made with USA parts. I work for a medical device company and we design our own PCBA's here is San Diego. We have them fabricated at a shop in San Diego with foreign parts as that all that available. That being said, we pay a pretty penny for USA assembly, a simple board costs us between 150 and 300 ea bought is 500 qtys. Doesn't leave much margin for 'consumer electronics' folks because not many will pay premium prices in that market. We can 'afford to do it because of quality concerns and niche market we are in, most simply cannot and expect to make any profit.

ctznarcane

:beer:

I work for an OEM and from my end, we have a large degree of importing in everything that we slap our name on. Economies of scale and needed capacity being the drivers because we are building hundreds of thousands if not millions of units per year for a customers with requirements to fulfill in various global locations. From the aftermarket side, I can imagine how things are viewed a wee bit differently because companies like yours build in smaller batch-type quantities (I'm guessing here) for niche customers (like..well...Jeepers).

I share your positions on keeping things close to home, I really do BUT I am also focused on quality/cost/payment terms/etc. I've seen US based suppliers be passed over for POs because they've dropped the ball too many times; even though the cost difference from a comparable central Asian supplier was not that huge. Crudely put: Company full of dumbasses wouldn't read the torque specs in the drawings; didn't even know what a newton was :grayno:. Indian company performed this better so..they won. Just sad.

I sometimes wonder where primary education as a whole has gone in this country because of stuff like that.

I love your JK doors BTW. How well is the water seal on those? I've been trying to avoid the $3k Mopar route.

Something else to play with if any of you find yourselves really (sigh..really) bored:
http://www.datamyne.com/importers

I was a little sad to see a few companies I like on there. I didn't find Dynatrac, Evo, or SFZ though.

Beast SA

Really thought that this forum was for all jeepers, but then the slandering and name calling of other companies and trying to say that only your sponsored EVO jk and only EVO is the way to go.
Grown men bickering like little girls.
This is my last post on your forum.

WJCO

Meme King
Really thought that this forum was for all jeepers, but then the slandering and name calling of other companies and trying to say that only your sponsored EVO jk and only EVO is the way to go.

:thinking:

I just looked through this entire thread and only found one mention of EVO and the poster DID NOT say that EVO was the only way to go.

But since that's all that you got out of it, I'm sure you and Dennis will become best buddies. :beer:

TrailHunter

Hooked

Seemed informative to me... once you read through the humor. Sarcasm isn’t for everyone I guess. Good luck with your Build.... and Stay Gold Pony Boy... Stay Gold.

notnalc68

Really? Here are Wayalife’s comments directed at you.

IMG_1119.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg

I saw a bunch of kidding around, by members, until ctznarcane jumped in, then the comments were directed at him.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Darn another well established member taking time to get offended by the forum and make it a point to tell everyone they are leaving.

What shall we do??? :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
You guys are so mean. [emoji6]

:thinking:

I just looked through this entire thread and only found one mention of EVO and the poster DID NOT say that EVO was the only way to go.

But since that's all that you got out of it, I'm sure you and Dennis will become best buddies. :beer:

Seemed informative to me... once you read through the humor. Sarcasm isn’t for everyone I guess. Good luck with your Build.... and Stay Gold Pony Boy... Stay Gold.

Really? Here are Wayalife’s comments directed at you.

View attachment 293573
View attachment 293574

I saw a bunch of kidding around, by members, until ctznarcane jumped in, then the comments were directed at him.

Darn another well established member taking time to get offended by the forum and make it a point to tell everyone they are leaving.

What shall we do??? :cheesy:

What exactly do people think they are signing up for. It's an Internet forum for god's sake. Maybe you'll learn something. Maybe you'll meet some cool people. Maybe make a few friends. Maybe not for some. Feel sorry for those who can't adapt to these facts and stick it out. They are missing out.

notnalc68

You guys are so mean. [emoji6]

What exactly do people think they are signing up for. It's an Internet forum for god's sake. Maybe you'll learn something. Maybe you'll meet some cool people. Maybe make a few friends. Maybe not for some. Feel sorry for those who can't adapt to these facts and stick it out. They are missing out.

Exactly. There are going to be differences of opinion, and people poking fun.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3829042/lighten-up-francis-o.gif

Top Bottom