SUPER UNIMPRESSED with Milestar Patagonia M/Ts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot about these tires. Didn't realize they were still being made or sold.
LOL - seriously! Clearly, they once were the talk of the town if only because every influencer and their mother was running them but now, I can honestly say that I rarely hear about them. Hell, even people I personally know who used to run, them don't anymore.

WINspeed

Never said they weren't cheap tires. Two years ago, Milestar was giving them away to any "influencer" that was hard up enough to take them. They were also selling them as cheaply as possible so that people like you would try them. Hence, why you can't get them as cheap anymore and being that's the case, I can assure you that there are MUCH better tires available at about the same price.

With that said, for a guy who feels the need to build up his Jeep on a budget, I should warn you that there's nothing cheap about running 40" tires or bigger as you seem to want. Most guys I know with them have at least 1-ton axles under their rigs and for a reason.

I couldn't agree with you more on that. Hence the reason I'm trying to decide on what 8 lug bead locks to buy. I've got my UD60's waiting to go under the Jeep. Well, I have the front, the rear is on back order, But it's paid for.

37" Milestar Patagonia Review Update: 11 months and 6800 miles later...

These tires were on my Gladiator when I bought it. I heard about the problems, but now I have first hand experience. I've had to get these tires balanced 3 times this year. I had them balanced today and they were off by as much as 4oz. I got them balanced last about 3-4 months ago. The gladiator would gradually develop a very noticeable shimmy above 45 and only get worse. I've upgraded the drag link, tie rod, trac bar, steering stablizer, and also have the synergy sector shaft brace. Just FYI, I'm going to try to get the aluminum steering box replaced after the holidays because I believe it's part of the problem. A bump that I hit on my daily drive at 40mph would cause the steering wheel to shake but not cause death wobble. I recently had a 4.5" lift kit installed and the same bump caused full on death wobble. I had the wheels balanced and the death wobble has stopped for now. It also drives way better and feels very normal after getting them balanced albeit being the 3rd time balanced in under a year. I also had the shop that balanced the tires inspect all the steering components first. They are a very reputable 4x4 shop. There is also no noticeable cupping or uneven wear going on. I hope this review helps people that are thinking about buying these tires.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King

These tires were on my Gladiator when I bought it. I heard about the problems, but now I have first hand experience. I've had to get these tires balanced 3 times this year. I had them balanced today and they were off by as much as 4oz. I got them balanced last about 3-4 months ago. The gladiator would gradually develop a very noticeable shimmy above 45 and only get worse. I've upgraded the drag link, tie rod, trac bar, steering stablizer, and also have the synergy sector shaft brace. Just FYI, I'm going to try to get the aluminum steering box replaced after the holidays because I believe it's part of the problem. A bump that I hit on my daily drive at 40mph would cause the steering wheel to shake but not cause death wobble. I recently had a 4.5" lift kit installed and the same bump caused full on death wobble. I had the wheels balanced and the death wobble has stopped for now. It also drives way better and feels very normal after getting them balanced albeit being the 3rd time balanced in under a year. I also had the shop that balanced the tires inspect all the steering components first. They are a very reputable 4x4 shop. There is also no noticeable cupping or uneven wear going on. I hope this review helps people that are thinking about buying these tires.
Didn't realize these Fauci tires were still around, but thanks for the honest feedback.

In other news... rain is wet.

Top Bottom