Jeep JK Wrangler Front Axle Shaft Removal & Replacement Write-Up + VIDEO

Haven't tried that spot yet, worth a shot. I was having trouble getting it past the end of the hub itself circled here, since I didn't remove it from the shaft:
View attachment 392432
Think it'd help to remove the hub nut? I just didn't have a 36mm on hand and didn't think you'd need to remove it.

Oh ok, sorry, I misread. Didn’t realize you didn’t get the hub off.

Yea definitely gotta take the hub nut off.
Hub nut off, pull wheel bearing, then pull out axle shaft. Unless I’m missing something in your question…

EDIT: Jesus, thinking about it, maybe you wouldn’t have to take the hub nut off…I’ve just always followed that order of operations! And I’m usually replacing a hub so it’s just habit…sorry, no help here

Last edited:
Oh ok, sorry, I misread. Didn’t realize you didn’t get the hub off.

Yea definitely gotta take the hub nut off.
Hub nut off, pull wheel bearing, then pull out axle shaft. Unless I’m missing something in your question…

EDIT: Jesus, thinking about it, maybe you wouldn’t have to take the hub nut off…I’ve just always followed that order of operations! And I’m usually replacing a hub so it’s just habit…sorry, no help here
No worries I'll give it a go, I should have giant sockets laying around somewhere. You must've done something right yours were out! Lol

Did you get it out?
No haven't had time to try again haha. Too busy with work, especially since I'm going back and forth between old and new job, (last day is today) and don't have a day off this week, will have to wait until next week.

Plus the Jeep is my only vehicle lol I had to throw everything back together to drive it to work 🤣

J. Dub

I'm off work today. I am so glad I found this thread.
I'll give this a shot now. Doesn't seem as intimidating as I thought it would be.

Top Bottom