LoJack/GPS tracking devices

xxJWPxx

Mine came with Guidepoint tracking system from the dealer with a year of service included. I didn't renew the service after the first year but have been thinking about starting it back up as I invest more into my Jeep. They have an app that allows you to locate your vehicle at anytime and claim they can recover it within an hour. They have what they call a "security fence" that immediately alerts you if the vehicle is moving without being started (towed or stolen) and work with law enforcement to locate your vehicle. You can pay extra for emergency roadside assistance if you are in an accident (you push the button) and they send help to your location.

xxJWPxx

Oh and you can set a speed alert up that will let you know if your vehicle has gone over the pre-determined speed you set it at. Helpful if you have kids driving your vehicle.

helhelen

Banned
In light of yesterdays theft of the EVO vehicles and trailer I have started looking at some of the jeep anti-theft/tracking devices on the market. With how much time & money we have invested in our rigs, I for one would like to make it difficult as hell for some good-for-nothing SOB to drive off in my Jeep never to be seen again. Lo-Jack isn't available in my area. Anyone use any of these services and/or have any suggestions?

I have a cheap GPS tracking device purchased from an online store, which is enough for me. I need to recharge my SIM card for £10 every 90 days, but a total of £40 a year is not bad, I think. I have already hid it very well. If you have a good budget, you can choose a more professional hidden tracker like anal smuggling bags.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
I have a cheap GPS tracking device purchased from an online store, which is enough for me. I need to recharge my SIM card for £10 every 90 days, but a total of £40 a year is not bad, I think. I have already hid it very well. If you have a good budget, you can choose a more professional hidden tracker like anal smuggling bags.

Welcome to Wayalife! Great thread revival! How much is that in pesos? I don't recognize your currency selection.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Why are you from Illinois and paying for things in Pounds Sterling?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

AZVAJKU

Hooked
View attachment 173294 i can neither confirm nor deny that my new jeep has one if these in it.

This!

I have the SPOT Trace hidden in my Jeep. It has batteries and can be hard wired in. The lithium batteries last several months. I get a text and an email everyday to tell me where it is located. I also get a text and email whenever it moves and where it stops. I can track track it’s location at anytime and get satellite imagery as well as a grid cord of It’s location.

I pay a subscription for the service and it is well worth it to me.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
i have the spot gps tracker it sucked . i drove from socal to moab and it tracked all the way to barstow then stopped tracking spent a week in moab and it never tracked drove home and it still hadnt resumed tracking . i cancelled the service mine was hard wired in with the spot kit.

That’s weird yours did not work. Mine tracked from VA all the way to Moab and on each of the trails I drove. Then to CA where it sat at EVO while work was being done. It sent me a message every morning it was pulled out of Mel’s shop and every night it was pulled back it.

It then tracked me on the drive back to VA.

I can pull up my entire route. It shows each 5 minute ping location. If it sits for more than 5 minutes it will show it stopped and then default back to one notification a day.

Top Bottom