Evo corner guards

JeepJeep75

Here's the top of mine

View attachment 239709 View attachment 239710

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

For all of you who have these EVO corners, I have a question: the top little bracket/gusset with the hole in it, why is it only welded in one little spot at the opposite end away from the hole? After helping a friend install a set of these I was impressed with the strength of these corners, but the little tiny one inch weld that holds this top bracket on looks like it could be pulled right off if it were to have any sort of force applied to it. Does the gusset become part of the top of the upper bracket that holds the tire carrier on. It just seems like the gusset would break right off with the tire carrier attached to it. Or is the bracket/gusset just for looks?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For all of you who have these EVO corners, I have a question: the top little bracket/gusset with the hole in it, why is it only welded in one little spot at the opposite end away from the hole? After helping a friend install a set of these I was impressed with the strength of these corners, but the little tiny one inch weld that holds this top bracket on looks like it could be pulled right off if it were to have any sort of force applied to it. Does the gusset become part of the top of the upper bracket that holds the tire carrier on. It just seems like the gusset would break right off with the tire carrier attached to it. Or is the bracket/gusset just for looks?

It's an antenna mount if you don't have a tire carrier - NOT a part of the tire carrier.

final.jpg

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
It's an antenna mount if you don't have a tire carrier - NOT a part of the tire carrier.

View attachment 239725

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Since you said "if you don't have a tire carrier" I'm assuming it won't work for an antenna mount at all if you do have the carrier. Just asking for future reference and I have never seen any of these corners and/or carriers in person just know that I want them and trying to plan ahead per say.

Ddays

Hooked
Since you said "if you don't have a tire carrier" I'm assuming it won't work for an antenna mount at all if you do have the carrier. Just asking for future reference and I have never seen any of these corners and/or carriers in person just know that I want them and trying to plan ahead per say.

You can't get a 90 deg fitting small enough to fit in that gap between the antenna mount and the carrier hinge mount. I tried a couple CB shops without success.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can't get a 90 deg fitting small enough to fit in that gap between the antenna mount and the carrier hinge mount. I tried a couple CB shops without success.

I've looked and looked and couldn't find anything that would work either. As you can see, I just drilled a hole on the tire carrier hinge and used it as a mount.

tanmanjk

I didn't like the look of them. They looked and felt cheap to me. I also didn't like that they didn't have backup lights or side markers, so at least side markers would have to be added to be legal where I live. Just my opinion though. Some people like them. I'm not one of them. I actually ordered the Trail Tail LED's within 24 hours of seeing the EVO's installed.

IMG_0349_zpsrf7qlg9w.jpg
Damn nice looking Jeep

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Figured as much. Just not seen a great pic and never seen them in person. Question has been answered. [emoji106]

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Just curious, what did you guys pay for an auto shop to paint them to match, and how much for powder coating?

Rb1boxer_3

Just curious, what did you guys pay for an auto shop to paint them to match, and how much for powder coating?
I painted mine black at home. When I went to a shop to get them powder coated they quoted me 1500. I just left. Mine were the builder corners though. But I'm sure it doesn't make that big of a difference.

Out in the Boonies

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I painted mine black at home. When I went to a shop to get them powder coated they quoted me 1500. I just left. Mine were the builder corners though. But I'm sure it doesn't make that big of a difference.

Out in the Boonies

I want the builder corners. Just not sure cause of the snow and mud here. I live in a mining town so I know how it is. Don't have a Powdercoating shop. But an auto body shop quoted me 4-600 for the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rb1boxer_3

Powder coating cost me @70 a side.
Hell for that price I'll drive up for it.
I want the builder corners. Just not sure cause of the snow and mud here. I live in a mining town so I know how it is. Don't have a Powdercoating shop. But an auto body shop quoted me 4-600 for the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
And yea I live in south Texas so not much rain or snow to get dirty but when it does its all over the place. Didn't bother me since I never wash the jeep anyways. Lol sucks for the drivers behind you in the rain.

Out in the Boonies

Top Bottom