WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run 2019 - SIGN UP

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Motor is finally ready to pull. Hopefully I’ll have the new one back in tomorrow sometime.

Attachments

• B1E07728-BEFE-4FCD-8E14-3D4C2CCC915A.jpg
    B1E07728-BEFE-4FCD-8E14-3D4C2CCC915A.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 104

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
How many hours do you think you have into it so far?

I’d say 10 or so. I was quoted 18 hours by a shop to swap it out with the transmission. I really took my time to label all the connections. So helpfully it’ll make the install quicker.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’d say 10 or so. I was quoted 18 hours by a shop to swap it out with the transmission. I really took my time to label all the connections. So helpfully it’ll make the install quicker.

That's not bad at all. Super smart of you to take the time to label everything too. :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King

Good timing. Hope it continues to go smooth.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
CB SWR fixed!

First off, thanks to Eddie and everyone else on here that took time to provide helpful guidance and advice. Really appreciate it. Took basically half the day today but finally got it (mostly) dialed.

The culprits -- not the ground or the radio -- but the Coax cable. Plugged in another 18' coax and got pretty decent readings. Ran the ground strap down the tire carrier through the bumper to the frame behind the right wheel for good measure.

The best I could do was 1.2 on Channel 1 and 2.2 on Channel 40. Instructions say when SWR is higher on Ch40 than Ch1, antenna is too long. The adjustable screw is almost all the way in and I tested almost all of the adjustable position and couldn't do better than this.

Another super surprising thing (at least to me) -- the red plastic cap that comes with the Firestik antenna actually raises the SWR by almost a full point -- to 2.2 and 3.2 -- when it is on. Do you guys run without these? Surprised that something that comes with the firestik would mess up the match.

Lastly, got my decal on and the shirts finally came. I ordered the wrong size -- seems like I need a L! Really looking forward to wheeling with you guys next week. Thanks again.

rubiDave

Another super surprising thing (at least to me) -- the red plastic cap that comes with the Firestik antenna actually raises the SWR by almost a full point -- to 2.2 and 3.2 -- when it is on. Do you guys run without these? Surprised that something that comes with the firestik would mess up the match.

Nope. Re-adjust the tune and only test swr with plastic tip on. Center tune for best match on Ch 19

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
First off, thanks to Eddie and everyone else on here that took time to provide helpful guidance and advice. Really appreciate it. Took basically half the day today but finally got it (mostly) dialed.

The culprits -- not the ground or the radio -- but the Coax cable. Plugged in another 18' coax and got pretty decent readings. Ran the ground strap down the tire carrier through the bumper to the frame behind the right wheel for good measure.

The best I could do was 1.2 on Channel 1 and 2.2 on Channel 40. Instructions say when SWR is higher on Ch40 than Ch1, antenna is too long. The adjustable screw is almost all the way in and I tested almost all of the adjustable position and couldn't do better than this.

Lastly, got my decal on and the shirts finally came. I ordered the wrong size -- seems like I need a L! Really looking forward to wheeling with you guys next week. Thanks again.

Glad you got it figured out.... My Large shirt is too small. Did you get an XL? I’ll trade ya.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Awesome, glad you got it figured out! :thumb:

Top Bottom