JL Diesel fully optioned at 60K? Wow

littlebeas

I know I sound like grandpa, but, I'm stunned by the rapid increase in cost of most things. Wages are not keeping up. My children in their 20's, are employed, but, cannot afford new vehicles. I suppose they could if they indentured themselves, but, I taught them to try and stay out of debt.
The cost of a new Jeep, 4 door is especially shocking to me. Their popularity has driven the prices through the roof. Also, popularity and sales numbers in the recent past, have prompted Jeep to offer zero incentives, on Wrangler. I am starting to see a slowdown in sales, here, in the midwest, however. There were 8 or 9, 2018, holdovers, at a local dealer, in late June, here. Surprised me, because that did not used to happen.
Also, I've been shopping for a new Ram 3500, dually. A friend e-mailed me a dealer ad for a brand new, crew cab, Big Horn, Cummins, automatic, 4X4, for $49,000, no trade, straight out.
That also seems high, but, consider how much more goes into a heavy commercial truck, than a Jeep.
The difference is, soccer moms aren't lining up to buy those...

Kuboske.

Yep, I bought my 08 JK Sport S new in October of that year. I know I got a hell of a deal on it due to the economic issues and end of model year (out the door right at 19k, sticker 24k). Thought about pulling the trigger on the comparable JL and the sticker was 37. Stuff is nicer but not worth twice the money ten years later nicer. Not sure how my kids are going to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yep, I bought my 08 JK Sport S new in October of that year. I know I got a hell of a deal on it due to the economic issues and end of model year (out the door right at 19k, sticker 24k). Thought about pulling the trigger on the comparable JL and the sticker was 37. Stuff is nicer but not worth twice the money ten years later nicer. Not sure how my kids are going to make it.

You bought a 2008 sport for $19k? Are you fucking high?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

littlebeas

I’m a drinker not a smoker [emoji23]. Point I guess I was trying to make was the cheap bastard in me won’t let me pay 37k for essentially the same thing I spent 19k on as I am a cash buyer. If I threw that additional 18k at what I already have I will have something really nice... That cheap bastard is not letting me do that because I have the lifetime power train warranty on it. I’ve got lockers and quick disconnects on it and it gets me to my favorite hunting and camping spots just fine. I lurk around here to see what the guys are doing for upgrades when something on mine breaks. A lot of terrific builds and info, that would be overkill for my needs, so I apologize I don’t have a ton to offer to the community.

Kuboske

I’m a drinker not a smoker [emoji23]. Point I guess I was trying to make was the cheap bastard in me won’t let me pay 37k for essentially the same thing I spent 19k on as I am a cash buyer. If I threw that additional 18k at what I already have I will have something really nice... That cheap bastard is not letting me do that because I have the lifetime power train warranty on it. I’ve got lockers and quick disconnects on it and it gets me to my favorite hunting and camping spots just fine. I lurk around here to see what the guys are doing for upgrades when something on mine breaks. A lot of terrific builds and info, that would be overkill for my needs, so I apologize I don’t have a ton to offer to the community.

I couldn't agree more to your thinking. That's why I drive a '93 YJ. Bought cheap, for cash and modified by myself. I could repeat my investment in it, 6 times, and still not match what Jeep wants for a new JL, diesel...
That leaves a lot of $$$ for travel, and other toys.
Kuboske.

Top Bottom