NEW PRODUCT: Rock Hard 4x4 C-Pillar Brace Kit for Jeep Wrangler JK4DR 07-Up [RH-1035]

JAGS

Hooked
Anyone have a rough idea what it would cost to have these painted or powdercoated the same color as the jeep?

I couldn't imagine more than $200 it already comes raw so the prep time is easy.

I had a quote years ago for around 200 for the front section of the cage to get coated, but never went through with it and just ended up spraying it black myself.

$200 is more than I paid for my entire cage with a secondary color on the dash cross bar. [emoji33][emoji33]

For as small as these bars are and the location not really being a grab bar, I'd strongly consider getting a couple cans of color match mopar paint and DIY it. Good prep and primer will make it a quality finish.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Spray can of rustoleum wrinkle black and a molle cover once Rock Hard offers it for sale...done and done.

2011jk

Question:
The passenger side bar is further forward from the window that the drivers side...so drivers side could it move forward some?
Reason I ask is I have Springtail Solutions side racks on both sides of my JKU and it looks like the drivers side brace would be to close to the Springtail Solutions rack.

Last edited:
Well, my birthday is coming up sometime in the next year...I guess im going to treat myself to these...sold it to the wife as a safety option for the kids!:D

jesse3638

Hooked
I couldn't imagine more than $200 it already comes raw so the prep time is easy.

A local shop did my PSC Brawler Rockers for $115. Just had them do some parts for work and the did black with silver vein for $80 (The shop minimum, that includes sand blasting). I couldn't see these being more than $100.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm curious to see if folks will figure a way to install under the carpet. I'm sure there is a way, just want a clean install.

Do you fully pull the carpet in the trunk to install? Haven't seen an how to's yet, just the sample install pics with the brace over the carpet.

Not at all. Simply pull down from where carpet meets tub at top. It pulls back very easily, it's not secured anywhere.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well what do we have here waiting to get installed?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474603363.011411.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474603376.613384.jpg

Packaging was great, welds look great, can't wait to find the time to get these in.

Thanks Jason (Rock Hard) for the quick and complete delivery! :beer:

Evil

Not at all. Simply pull down from where carpet meets tub at top. It pulls back very easily, it's not secured anywhere.

So you would have to set it, mark and cut the hole big enough to fit the upper clamp through, feed the tube in, mount the top then pull up the carpet to get enough room to mounts the lower plate in the tub? Im trying to picture this as I have been watching this thread and Sharky is just a tease:D

GraniteCrystal

RockHard, did you guys perform any tests on this? Short of dropping a Jeep from 10 feet up on its lid. Just curious to see how much a difference it really makes.

JAGS

Hooked
Can you do a video write up so Jags can properly cut a small hole in the carpet? Please use three different angles and at least two different rulers for reference.

I thought it would be weird to ask. That would be perfect though. [emoji23]

So you would have to set it, mark and cut the hole big enough to fit the upper clamp through, feed the tube in, mount the top then pull up the carpet to get enough room to mounts the lower plate in the tub? Im trying to picture this as I have been watching this thread and Sharky is just a tease:D

Maybe I just need to drink more tonight as I'm overthinking it same as you. Lol. I'm sure once you have the pieces, it makes sense. I've got a few things to address, but I do plan on the upgrade to my cage. [emoji106]

Top Bottom