Anyone have the LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't have one but it sure is a good looking bumper. Also, LoD makes quality products right here in the USA :thumb:

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I haven't had the time to install it. From just the looks of it ,it looks like top quality work. IMG_3041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile apponce I install it I'll take some pictures and let you know my opinion of it.

Last edited:

aermid

Which light bezels did you guys go with?

I got the 4" round. I went round because it looked like if I get the matching front; it has round. My anal retentive levels are off the chart :)

Let me no how the install went! Specially anything that could make it easier.

Well it was short lived. I didn't realize lights weren't included. So I'm off to find some 4" rounds.

Looks like I can get any type that isn't super deep and bolt mounts? Anyone have any suggestions on what might work well?

I saw LOD had a halogen kit option for the Signature bumper, but didn't have that option when I was filling out for the Destroyer. I'd rather get LED anyways; so I'm hoping I can find something that will work. I gotta get this sucker on for the Christmas trip to CO.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

eazy

Which lights are you going with?

I want a pair that are good for reverse lights. Thinking about the Rigid Dually Diffused (part # 21251)... http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/21251

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'm also looking at the Rigid Dually XL Diffused (32231), but they're about 50% more $ on Amazon and I can't tell how far they stick out compared with the flush mounts. I contacted LOD, so hopefully they'll chime in.
http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/32231

I got the 4" round. I went round because it looked like if I get the matching front; it has round. My anal retentive levels are off the chart :)

Well it was short lived. I didn't realize lights weren't included. So I'm off to find some 4" rounds.

Looks like I can get any type that isn't super deep and bolt mounts? Anyone have any suggestions on what might work well?

I saw LOD had a halogen kit option for the Signature bumper, but didn't have that option when I was filling out for the Destroyer. I'd rather get LED anyways; so I'm hoping I can find something that will work. I gotta get this sucker on for the Christmas trip to CO.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

check out Inspired Engineering. I am vey happy with their products and they have a sale going on right now. They were on my Christmas list so i'm hoping Santa came through.

aermid

check out Inspired Engineering. I am vey happy with their products and they have a sale going on right now. They were on my Christmas list so i'm hoping Santa came through.

Thanks a bunch, i'll check em out. I called LOD they didnt have any recommendations other than "round that bolt mounts".

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not sure how it is with the destroyer, but with the regular LoD bumper you have to remove the bumper to replace the lights. That sucks given the frequency with which halogen lights can blow. IMHO, the flush mount Rigids (or something similar) are the way to go. You can change them out without removing the bumper.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Not sure how it is with the destroyer, but with the regular LoD bumper you have to remove the bumper to replace the lights. That sucks given the frequency with which halogen lights can blow. IMHO, the flush mount Rigids (or something similar) are the way to go. You can change them out without removing the bumper.

Agreed.

I have Signature Series bumper with the Halogen Lights. Over the years water, dirt, and bugs got into the light housings and both of the bulbs were broke. I emailed LOD about buying replacements or directing me where I could get them. These damn things are $50 a pair plus shipping anywhere you look.. He (Chis/LOD) suggested I convert to a flush-mount 2x2 inch LED cube, they're the better option.

I bought two knock-off duallys on Craigslist for $30, squared off the round holes and installed them. Better output over the halogen lights, half the cost, and had some fun installing them. I do still have to take the bumper off to replace them if needed. I didn't want them to shake loose, or some A-hole steal them, so I used the bolt/nuts included.

I've helped a lot of friends put on various bumpers over the years. Still amazes me the quality and strength LOD bumpers are designed and built with. Ive take some really hard hits on my rear bumper and it's bruised, scratched and dented. However, it still mounts just like new. I know you'll have the same experience. :thumb:

51C25380-1312-4552-A7C2-BE32A70EBC1E-184-00000013141025FF_zps27a114d1.jpg

192419F8-B50E-4E31-9912-C594CAC90F35_zpsjsqhk7bo.jpg

aermid

Ended up finding LEDs. I got something that was completely flat in the front because I figured if I wanted to mount them flush, I could drill a closer bolt hole in the provided tab. I didn't end up doing that after all cause I thought it looked pretty good as-is. Just finished up the wiring.

IMG_7553.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

Looks good, Aermid. I'm interested in getting a LoD destroyer full width rear bumper. What LED's did you wind up getting?

aermid

Let me no how the install went! Specially anything that could make it easier.

Got the first half installed last night. Finished around 2am. Lots of mistakes by us; this was our first bumper :).

Things that we found out the directions sorta glossed over:

The side cross-member holes gotta be drilled inside and out; we dry fit to double check the directions "3/8" distance. That was spot on so could have saved a lot of time not doing that. The directions say 5/8 holes; don't short change that else the bottom cross member bolts will be hell.

To help hold it and level it we used a normal tire changing jack. I don't have a high jack yet; I'm sure that would have helped or a floor jack. Jack stands weren't accurate enough imo to help level. Also I ended up hooking tie downs from the toe points to the roll cage to help front-to-back to get in line with the body (I just eye balled that direction). I used a 3ft level going driver/passenger.

Do NOT tighten down anything till all 10 of the bolts are in; found that out the hard way :)

The washers are huge and will overlap. Looks like that's same as in their direction pictures.

The bolts seem short but after tightening everything down; seemed like there was enough bite.

No idea what the 4.5" bolts are for yet; going to call them this morning.

Last edited:

aermid

Looks good, Aermid. I'm interested in getting a LoD destroyer full width rear bumper. What LED's did you wind up getting?

Unfortunately super cheap-o ($13). I looked around for something more in the mid-quality price range but it seemed hard to find anything that had a flat face on it. These I could flush mount if I wanted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N...r_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P64ZQJ4W62VPE7W2K52V

Nice! Any close-ups?

There's about a finger width gap on them.
IMG_7565.JPG
IMG_7568.JPG

Top Bottom