NEW Shoes for MOBY : 40x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

Kalums

Man that is terrible... If it was me I would have gotten out and taken some well deserved revenge and made sure to bring the stick (and a few of his buddies) home and watch the sucker burn to ashes in my fire place. I'm just vindictive like that... 👍😆

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Ended up being two wheels. We wanted to save the shiny ring and so I pulled it off to install it on the new spare and put the old beat up ring back on the tire on the ground. Oh, and I did all the work being that I caused the flat :rolleyes2: :crazyeyes:

Basscat

Eddie,

What's your back spacing on the ATX wheels? I assume your axle width is 68.5"? How much of the pinch seem do you have to remove in the wells (rear) to accommodate the 40s? Just cut or cut and hammer flat? How much is your front axle pushed forward? What's your lift height with the coil overs?

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

What's your back spacing on the ATX wheels? I assume your axle width is 68.5"? How much of the pinch seem do you have to remove in the wells (rear) to accommodate the 40s? Just cut or cut and hammer flat? How much is your front axle pushed forward? What's your lift height with the coil overs?

Thanks

The Chamber Pro II's have 4" of back spacing and yes, we are running standard full width ProRock's. We have our coil overs set at about 3.5" or maybe just a bit more and we did have to do A LOT of trimming to help clear our 40's. That being said, we still get a bit of rubbing at a full flex.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, here are a few pics of these Cooper STT Pros in the snow :thumb:

20161127201955-dbe86a5b.jpg

20161127201908-ed9ecf18.jpg

20161127202027-eb4401b5.jpg

tgoss

Would the high and tight EVO rear bumper fit up against the rear pinch seem under the tailgate without getting in the way of your rear 40s?

I would assume it would easily.

Mel had 40" TG's on their sema build with the evo body mounted carrier which hugs the gate very tight.

20161101225717-dc2a7f20-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The bigger concern for me would be that with a bumper like this - sure you'd have better departure angles but there'd be nothing preventing your spare from catching the ledge your bumper missed and jacking up your tailgate. Of course, not like I've seen that happen before or anything.

Basscat

Yes. That's what I'm envisioning. Eddie- not sure I understand your concern RE: catching the spare off a ledge? I don't know of any bumper that would shove the ledge out and around a spare 40x13.50? Is that what you're talking about?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

The bigger concern for me would be that with a bumper like this - sure you'd have better departure angles but there'd be nothing preventing your spare from catching the ledge your bumper missed and jacking up your tailgate. Of course, not like I've seen that happen before or anything.
I've seen guys put a square tube bent up at a 45 under their spare just for this reason. Rock ledge hits that and Jeep slides off. Good idea? Bad idea?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Top Bottom