The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Exodus 4x4

September 21-29, 2017

Ok, so maybe it's not so much of an exodus since we will be returning at the end but it makes for a great name. Originally the plan was just do some runs in the San Juan mountains, but since we'll only be a few hours away from Moab I figured we might as well hit it up while we're there. I'm setting this trip up for 2017 for a couple of different reasons. Mostly because I'm having a baby soon so theres no way I'd want to do it this year. The time between now and then will also allow everyone to prepare for the trip in a lot of different ways. Save money, build up your rigs, and get out on some trails so you gain some more experience.

A lot of planning and calling ahead is going to be involved in this so don't sign up unless you're certain this is something you want to do. I have already spoken to some of the campgrounds and we will have to lock in our lodging at least a year in advance. We will also be having a couple of Suds-n-grubs between now and then in order for everyone going to get familiar with each other.

I'll be adding more details to this as time goes on. PM if you're interested in going.

Minimum requirements:

1) An actual functioning CB

2) Front and rear recovery points

3) Recovery gear

4) Sway bar quick disconnects

5) Leveling kit at the very minimum.
Obviously it's preferred you have
a 3"-4" lift. Just know that you
most likely will not be able to
participate in everything. I don't
think I need to mention tire sizes
that should be proportionate to
to your lift.

6) Experience. This is not a
beginners run. Although we will
will be broke down into groups,
we want to minimize down time
due to failures or inexperience.
Please join in on any local runs
that will help you learn your rigs
capabilities and allow you to
become comfortable with most of
the situations you will
encounter.

7) Fire extinguisher

8) Spill kit

9) Trasharoo or something like it

10) At least a 6 pack of your favorite local brew

Right now the tentative date to start is 9/21/17.

Day 1: Make the long boring drive out of Texas to Albuquerque.

Day 2: Travel to Ouray and check in at the KOA. Relax and take it easy the rest of the day.

Day 3: Black Bear Pass in the morning to Telluride where we'll eat lunch. In the afternoon we'll take Imogene Pass back to Ouray.

Day 4: Travel the 65 miles of the Alpine Loop Scenic Byway. Engineer Pass to Lake City, then back around Ouray through Cinnamon Pass and California pass. Inspect rigs for travel.

Day 5: Break camp and travel to Moab. Set up camp and then run Top of the World.

Day 6: Fins and Things in the morning, Hells Revenge in the afternoon.

Day 7: Cliff Hanger in the morning, Poison Spider Mesa in the afternoon. Inspect rigs for travel.

Day 8: Travel to Ft. Sumner, NM.

Day 9: Travel home.

I wanted everyone involved in this run to have the opportunity to have something to remember it by, so I came up with the idea of a t-shirt. After getting a design put together and getting permission from Eddy to include the Wayalife logo, we now I have it! Jackal01 mentioned it would be cool to have the option of getting a hoodie too, so for those interested they will be available. I especially want to thank Eddy for allowing me to include the Wayalife logo in this design. You rock Eddy!

View attachment 203311 View attachment 203312 View attachment 203313 View attachment 203314

Now I realize its still a long ways out until the run but I wanted to post this now so that I'll have a good idea of how many to order when the time comes. Not to mention people usually end up backing out for various reasons as we approach the actual time for the run. I also don't have a price for either option yet because it really all depends on how many of each are ordered. That being said, I'd also like to mention that in no way I'm I trying to make any money off of these. In fact I'll probably end up losing quite a bit since the cost of the design was not what I anticipated. I want to say the shirt would be about $25 each if at least 25-30 were ordered. That pays for the actual shirt and some of the design cost. I'm not sure about the hoodie but probably about $35 each. Believe me I will try and keep it as low as possible and like I said, I'll probably end up eating some of the design in order to do so.

The shirts are going to be a very good quality Next Level brand. If you're not familiar with them they are a very soft, durable shirt and they run just a little smaller than normal. Keep that in mind when it comes time to order it. If you were a large, you may want an extra large. If we meet the demand for ladies then I'll look into it and update with pictures as necessary. Hoodies will probably just be a regular Hanes, nothing real special in order to keep costs down.

NOW TAKING SHIRT/HOODIE ORDERS!!!

Email me at:
vgbryan05@gmail.com

1) Send me an email detailing what you want, how many you want, and sizes. I'll also need your address for shipping.

2) I will respond to you and instruct you on how to handle payment.

3) On August 15th I'll stop taking orders and fulfilling orders. I should be able to get the shirts shipped out by mid September at the very latest.

Thanks again to Eddy for allowing me to include the Wayalife logo on this shirt! I hope everyone likes them and stay tuned for another update that should be coming down the trail soon!

Oh, and for those of you that are coming from out of state I do apologize. When I originally thought of this run I didn't really anticipate you guys wanting to join in. I hope this doesn't deter you from buying a shirt and I promise to do a better design if there ends up being a 2018 Exodus, which I think there probably will be.
(Already planning it!)

Going:

1) Granite head

2) Texas Nick + 1

3) iRonin

4) dwvninety

5) tdougherty81

6) Jackal01

7) Angry Aussie

8) DWiggles

9) BobbyGTX

10) BamBamDeer

11) Uncle Jimmy

12) Benito

13) Jegar

14) timothyh58

15) Romac2223

16) 0311DoC

17) Stick

18) Mike_JK_Houston_711 + 1

19) g_dubb

20) Kilroy + 1

21) moteaux + 1

22) ababinili

23) Buster3479

24) Flat top

25) Granitecrystal

26) OhNoTheJiggies

27) South Texas TJ

Tentative:

1) Jake Wilson

2) Voidwarranty

3)

4) Thomas21

5) USMMA 11NC

6) bonedaddy

7) Frogmech

8) cozdude

9) daverawr

10) NastyNate

11) mudmobeeler + 1

12) Clutch1981

13) Dale72

14) Rb1boxer_3

15) The Kraken + 1

16) Overland_stormtrooper

17) Mizippi + 1

18)

Last edited:

Jegar

Fantastic itinerary!!! Definitely interested[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻 (just have to add "Day 1++" for those who need 1-2 days to get out of the bottom of Texas to the launch point [emoji16]

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Hell yes. I am definitely down for this trip. kudos for organizing this trip! you can put me down plus 1. :thumb::cheer:

Jake Wilson

My father and I would be interested. The time line would work perfectly considering I'm in the middle of a move back to Texas. What part of Texas are you from?

Exodus 4x4

Fantastic itinerary!!! Definitely interested[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻 (just have to add "Day 1++" for those who need 1-2 days to get out of the bottom of Texas to the launch point [emoji16]

That's sucks! I forget about you valley folks!

Hell yes. I am definitely down for this trip. kudos for organizing this trip! you can put me down plus 1. :thumb::cheer:

You bet. More info to follow so please subscribe to thread to keep up with changes.

My father and I would be interested. The time line would work perfectly considering I'm in the middle of a move back to Texas. What part of Texas are you from?

I split my time between San Antonio and Austin. I'll put you down as tentative.

USMC Wrangler

Even though I live a little west of Texas now, I'm interested! I wouldn't be able to fully confirm until Jan 2017 though. I request vacation time every December and get the results in January, which covers that calendar year. Anyway, subscribed in hopes I can make this!!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Exodus 4x4

Count me in :)

Got you added!

Even though I live a little west of Texas now, I'm interested! I wouldn't be able to fully confirm until Jan 2017 though. I request vacation time every December and get the results in January, which covers that calendar year. Anyway, subscribed in hopes I can make this!!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I understand, got you added!

Pencil me in.

You've been added. Thanks!

Count me in

Got you added, thanks!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Hahaha. Make fun of the stock rig [emoji28]
If all goes well, i should be on either 35s or 37s by then. So ill be right on your tail! That is if your not on 40s by then lol

Angry Aussie

Hahaha. Make fun of the stock rig [emoji28]
If all goes well, i should be on either 35s or 37s by then. So ill be right on your tail! That is if your not on 40s by then lol

Ha ha there is chance that may be possible but pretty unlikely. Would be awesome though. I do want 40s. One day I'll get there. Probably 2 or 3 years from it though. It would be awesome to see your rig on 37s. This could be an insanely fun trip. Hope it works out.

Top Bottom