The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

jesse3638

Hooked
Welcome back, Boston Terriers are the best! How did you buy Remi a month ago on June 21st if today is June 19? I know I’m slow but I didn’t know I was a month behind real time! Enjoy the new Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Aliens.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
I caught that too. Thought his thread was maybe from 2018 so last June, but he just started this thread...haha.

Welcome back.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Welcome back, Boston Terriers are the best! How did you buy Remi a month ago on June 21st if today is June 19? I know I’m slow but I didn’t know I was a month behind real time! Enjoy the new Jeep

I caught that too. Thought his thread was maybe from 2018 so last June, but he just started this thread...haha.

Welcome back.

I saw it too but chalked it up to shift work/never knowing the date/typo. [emoji2371]

Napalm

Welcome back! I was wondering if you were going to post up only on the sister site.

I joined up over there to do some research and get everything ready before buying and I’m still active over there as well! Although, I knew I wanted to document my build on the WAYALIFE site. I love it here, and I’ve been missing the family all too much. I also love it on JLWRANGLER, but this place just feels like home. I was just waiting to name my JL before starting my build thread!

Hey Nathan, welcome back! Your new Jeep, Remi looks terrific! I have to say that I’m looking forward to your new build thread, adventures and day to day pics! Sorry to hear about the hard time you went through, but I’m glad you made it and back in a Wrangler!

I’m surprised that you went with the factory LED upgrade. I know how you loved your Trucklites in the past.

Thanks man! I sure appreciate all the kind words. It’s all good brother, it was a hard time but the outcome was for the best. As am I. It feels like home driving it every day. All my friends were not at all surprised, they knew I’d be back in a wrangler. They called it before I did! 🤣

I did LOVE my Truck-Lite’s, and went back and forth with purchasing the LED package. But I went with it for two reasons. One, the LED fender DRLs/Halos. And two, the LED tail lights with the LED reverse lights. After seeing some of those options in person vs. the non led counterparts, I couldn’t resist. They just make the JL look so much better.

Aliens.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome back.

I saw it too but chalked it up to shift work/never knowing the date/typo. [emoji2371]

While I wish I could blame this on shift work and my busy work schedule, Overlander is correct. It’s the robot Aliens. 🤣🤣

Actually it was a typo. Remi’s pick up date was May 21st. [emoji16]

Awesome! Welcome back. Always good to have Texas Jeepers on here! My wife is from the Paris area.

Hello all!

My name is Nathan. I’ve been a member for many years and I’ve owed six Jeeps and that has just became seven.

Welcome to my build thread and picture diary. I am an avid automobile photographer and love to use my Jeeps as my models.. so I am looking for somewhere to store and show all the pictures that no one cares about except other Jeep people! I hope you guys enjoy them.

For those of you guys that know me and are old friends, I am glad to be back. Without going into too much detail, at the beginning of the year I went through a divorce. But finding the positive in that, I was able to build and buy my dream Jeep! I am very excited starting over and having plenty of time for taking adventures as well as building Remi the way I want on the timeline I want to. [emoji16]

For those who don’t know me and are new friends, I am a 27 year old Firefighter/Paramedic in the East Texas/Tyler area. I take a lot of pictures. A LOT. If that’s not your thing, I completely understand, but if it is, get ready for the wild ride that is my build thread.

Okay, on to the good stuff! Meet REMI!

Remi is a 2019 JLU Rubicon in Bright White with a black cloth interior. The only two options I HAD to have were the LED package and Heated seats/steering wheel/remote start. I also went with the hard top headliner, tow package, and Mopar Floor Mats.

I picked up Remi on June 21st of this year, almost a month now. Here is the first time I laid eyes on her.
View attachment 329119

Here is after signing all the paperwork, and making Remi officially mine
View attachment 329120

First fill up! Averaging about 16.4MPG
View attachment 329122

Here are several other photos over the past few weeks driving her!
View attachment 329123
View attachment 329124

Welcome to the madness that is my build thread! Thanks for reading!

Napalm

Awesome! Welcome back. Always good to have Texas Jeepers on here! My wife is from the Paris area.

That’s awesome and thank you for the welcome! I was actually born and raised in Paris and spent the first 20 years of my life there before relocating to the Tyler area. It’s a great area!

Napalm

After my long trip and since today is one month, I decided to give Remi a much needed bath and full tank of gas.
IMG_1085.jpg

Unfortunately, we ended up at the dealer shortly after that. While cleaning her up, I noticed the grill near where the drivers side headlight is is starting to yellow.
IMG_1089.jpg
I’ve read that this is very common in the bright white JLs. The dealer took some pictures, is getting an estimate for repainting of the grill, and should get back to me by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Napalm

A few more photos of the yellowing. You can look in the third photo and see the obvious difference between the hood and grille.
IMG_1090.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1094.jpg

Now some would say this is very trivial, but I don’t understand and don’t believe it’s right to pay $49,000 for a brand new Jeep to have it look like this a month later.

Napalm

Maybe Remi's a smoker? [emoji41]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Haha. She’s definitely has the yellow hue of one 🤣

Maybe Remi is telling you he needs a black grill, like the original Remi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don’t think that’s necessarily a terrible idea, unfortunately it’s low on the list. I’ve got several plans for this thing that will be revealed in the next few days [emoji16]

Napalm

A cruise through the tall trees on a breezy but a little damp morning
IMG_1133.jpg

With all this crap going on with my yellowing paint. I realized that I have not even revealed the plans for Remi yet. So let’s take a moment and do that. [emoji16]

So the premise behind me spending the extra money and buying a Rubicon was absolutely the out of the box capability. I’ve always built my JKs, but even with them built I’ve seen the Rubicon in stock form out wheel them with the right driver/spotter. So my plans for stage one are built around keeping the major components stock, but having things for recovery/safety/ and quality of life upgrades that will make things enjoyable. So here we go!

STAGE 1:
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Some sort of hard top lift (non homemade) or soft top
- SpiderWebShade
- LOD Destroyer Series Shorty Front Bumper
- Winch
- EVO Skids
- Remove rear bumper

What is the endgame? Hopefully in a year or so, the Jeep will no longer be my only vehicle thus not my commuter. I plan to build the absolute heck out of it, while still keeping it road worthy. 37s are my goal, with the least amount of lift possible. I plan to wheel as much as possible and as much as my schedule allows.

So when does this all begin you ask?! Unfortunately I’ve got a very large, very expensive house that I am still paying for but not living in. It’s been on the market for almost 6 months, with unfortunately no buyers in sight. Add up two house payments and you get no money for the Jeep build. So the game plan is, sell the house, pay off some left over divorce debt, and reward myself with Remi’s build. That being said, the small stuff will still continue to come as finances allow.

Sorry for the long post. Just got to get y’all excited for something. [emoji1303]

Last edited:

Napalm

Got a call from my local Jeep dealer today and was told to come to their body shop ASAP. They needed more pictures of the paint issue, as well and they are getting a repair quote together.
IMG_1135.jpg

While there, I got these comparison shots of each side of the grille. They will be used in the warranty claim to Jeep.
IMG_1122.jpg
IMG_1126.jpg

They told me they should hear back from Jeep by Wednesday, and can hopefully get me in to start repairs by Friday. They also said that because it’s a warranty claim, they would provide a courtesy rental vehicle for me to use while in paint. So, things are looking up. [emoji1303]

Last edited:

Napalm

Got the call today and Jeep has approved the repairs/repainting of the front grill covered under warranty.

Two last minute photos before leaving Remi at the dealer body shop
IMG_1143.jpg
IMG_1144.jpg

And my complementary rental curtesy of Jeep
IMG_1148.jpg

Napalm

Remi is back and good as new. They corrected the paint and reapplied a new clear coat across the entire grille.
IMG_1186.jpg

The best part is, they’ve tacked on a 3yr/36k mile warranty on the paint work. If it ever starts yellowing again, they will cover it. [emoji16]

Playing on the way home!
IMG_1190.jpg

Top Bottom