Dynatrac Equipped Community

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Initially I was considering dynatrac axle upgrades, but this thread has kind of turned me off on them. I'd been following Critter's dynatrac axle issue thread and wasn't too impressed with their customer service. Sounds like if you're a vapid 'influencer' in hot yoga pants they will give you what you want and bend over backwards to make it happen quickly. If you're a paying customer well, we'll get to you when we get to you...

It's their business, more power to them. I think I'll be happy spending a little more on a Curie or Mopar (when I get to it). I'll be happier knowing my money isn't gifting social media influencers new axles. Or going to make something stupid for a gimmicky youtube video...

Is it just me or is all this instagram, twitter, youtube influencer shit just cancer?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Initially I was considering dynatrac axle upgrades, but this thread has kind of turned me off on them. I'd been following Critter's dynatrac axle issue thread and wasn't too impressed with their customer service. Sounds like if you're a vapid 'influencer' in hot yoga pants they will give you what you want and bend over backwards to make it happen quickly. If you're a paying customer well, we'll get to you when we get to you...

It's their business, more power to them. I think I'll be happy spending a little more on a Curie or Mopar (when I get to it). I'll be happier knowing my money isn't gifting social media influencers new axles. Or going to make something stupid for a gimmicky youtube video...

Is it just me or is all this instagram, twitter, youtube influencer shit just cancer?

I could find a bunch of threads here that would show how great their products are... Seems silly to base your purchase choice on this thread... And if it weren’t for youtube, most of us probably wouldn’t be here enjoying this Free Forum.... which Dynatrac happens to support as well. The main thing I see questioned here recently, is their Marketing scheme. But I’m just an outsider and these are only my observations... I’ll still be giving my money to Jim when I need a front axle.

Brute

Hooked
I’ve had or have four sets of their axles...and I’d buy another set when the time comes.

But I might consider yoga pants in the future...

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
I’ve had or have four sets of their axles...and I’d buy another set when the time comes.

But I might consider yoga pants in the future...

Are you just prepping us for when you bust out the random photo of you fishing with your Raider yoga’s on. Lol

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I could find a bunch of threads here that would show how great their products are... Seems silly to base your purchase choice on this thread... And if it weren’t for youtube, most of us probably wouldn’t be here enjoying this Free Forum.... which Dynatrac happens to support as well. The main thing I see questioned here recently, is their Marketing scheme. But I’m just an outsider and these are only my observations... I’ll still be giving my money to Jim when I need a front axle.

I haven't ruled them out completely. Dynatrac seems to have a huge following here, that's why I started looking at their products. Occasionally everyone screws up.

I've read several threads here where their customer service may not have been spot on initially but they stepped up in the forums to address it. Feel like they could have been more proactive on some of those issues before it got to a thread. That just causes unnecessary stress and anxiety from their customers. But again, it looks like they have a great record of stepping up and fulfilling their warranties when they're called out for poor service.

I also agree with some of the negative feedback on the gimmicky marketing. And I think influencers are cancer. If that's the route they want to go fine. But that crap doesn't build good axles/etc. and that's what most people are looking for from them... If I spend THAT much money on something I want to know it's going into the axles/etc. Not gimmicky marketing videos and free axles to hottie influencers in yoga pants.

I haven't made a decision on who's axles I am going to buy. It'll be a year before the money is saved anyways, so I have time to decide. I'm just voicing my opinion as it stands now on a thread about Dynatrac's marketing practices.

Ddays

Hooked
Look, it's all fun to jump on the dog pile and all, and I don't think they build a bad product, but with their recent focus on the social media makes you wonder if this is the new direction the company is going. I liked the damn axles enough to get stickers made for the sides of my hood fer chrissakes. BUT, this direction also has me wondering if the premium they ask is worth the cost and am I willing to pay it? Others have also wondered as well. And builders/shops are now suggesting other options where in the past they wouldn't have even hesitated in suggesting Dynatrac only. That suggests a new trend that's hard to ignore. :twocents:

Braxtonsag

i cant speak on the 60s or 80s but i feel like the 44 is priced right. $5k for the strongest, highest clearance housing on the market fully loaded with locker, chromoly shafts, upgraded ball joints, and HD diff cover isn't a bad deal at all. Especially when the competitors price point isn't THAT much less. While i think its dumb as hell to give away $20k worth of axles, It doesn't affect me one bit and if that's what they want to do so be it, they aren't my axles to decide what to do with. The recipients of those axles do get a lot of viewers so it is just marketing for them. Although i'm willing to bet that a vast majority of those viewers will never buy a set of dynatrac axles. I appreciate that they are made in USA, and although they should have sent critter a new pair of shafts rather than having him send the old ones in first. at least they are handling it and taking care of him. Idk, that's just my outlook on it.

jesse3638

Hooked
Out of curiosity has their product gone down hill? Customer service? Lead times? Or is everyone really that butt hurt over their sponsorship of some camel toe and advertising choices?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I’ve heard of a lot more issues with Dynatrac axles more recently than ever before. Sure it could be purely coincidence. Lead times, horrible. 8-12 weeks for axles. Dana or Currie can have you axles same day or next day. The YouTube stars didn’t have to wait 8-12 weeks for theirs. The fact that they got them for free, I couldn’t care less.

The bigger issue for me is the fact that they want to charge a premium for their axles and take the longest to produce them and get them to you, yet on their own build they run China tires and China winch. Why should I support your American made claim and markup when you don’t?

For me the issue is this new social media focus they seem to be embracing. The gay burnout chained to a truck vid, the hoe axle giveaway, the "toyota" overlander build, hacking up a gladiator to make a two door (WTF :thinking:), etc are things that give me pause.

Edit. And there are alternatives now that are also made in the USA

^^^This^^^

I do understand marketing and being able to change and adapt with the times, but I'm curious if it's really necessary. Long lead times tell me there must be a lot of orders if you have to wait that long as I doubt lazyness and half assed work ethic would contribute to this. If the marketing works are their going to be longer lead times? The barber I get my hair cut at has been cutting my hair for 30+ years now. They are cash only being they are a husband and wife, 2 chair shop, so they don't want to pay the all the CC fees. They had a customer tell them "If you took CC's your business would easily double". There are two of them, 2 chairs in their original location for over 30 years, with easliy 2-4 customers waiting at a time. They don't need their customer base to double as they are doing just fine and happy. Being that Dynatrac's reputation precedes them and they have a loyal following are they really in need of this additional marketing? The proof used to be in the pudding.

Social Media is the devil and ruining society as we know it. Blue collar work is below most kids these days because they want to do what's on YouTube, IG, FB, etc and get something for nothing. We are still trying to fill 10 vacant seasonal firefighting positions late in August. It's absolutely unheard of as these jobs were highly sought after as a way to get your foot in the door.

What about if we purchased the parts from a local vendor or online?

Just noticed this on Facebook today. Figure there are quite a few Dynatrac owners on here who might be interested in some swag.

Being a Dynatrac customer already sets you apart from the crowd. ⁠

And now, we’re making it official with this very exclusive community called Dynatrac Equipped! ⁠

Dynatrac Equipped is for our Dynatrac customers only. It’s our way of saying thank you for supporting our brand and choosing our products! ⁠

By joining, you’ll receive a welcome package with a pair of exclusive Dynatrac Equipped metal badges that you can add to your vehicle, as well as a T-shirt with a Dynatrac Exclusive design that will only be offered to this select group of customers! You will also be added to our email newsletter distribution list, which will also make you among the first to learn about special offers from Dynatrac. Don’t worry – you can opt out of these emails at any time if you want.⁠

There is not a fee or cost to join Dynatrac Equipped. To join, simply:⁠

1. Post a review of the Dynatrac product you purchased on Dynatrac.com.

and⁠

2. Post a photo of the Dynatrac product you purchased on your Instagram or Facebook page, or you can post a video of the product on YouTube. Be sure to include #DynatracEquipped

Once you do these things, send an email with screenshots of both your review on Dynatrac.com and your social media post to Marketing@Dynatrac.com . When you send the screenshots, tell us which size T-shirt you want, and we’ll send you a welcome package!⁠

We look forward to growing the Dynatrac Equipped community! It’ll be easy to spot your fellow Dynatrac Equipped members by their T-shirts and vehicle badges, and also because those who are Dynatrac Equipped always have the Confidence to Explore®! ⁠

#DynatracEquipped

View attachment 333020

View attachment 333021

Primo82

Caught the Bug
^^^This^^^

I do understand marketing and being able to change and adapt with the times, but I'm curious if it's really necessary. Long lead times tell me there must be a lot of orders if you have to wait that long as I doubt lazyness and half assed work ethic would contribute to this. If the marketing works are their going to be longer lead times? The barber I get my hair cut at has been cutting my hair for 30+ years now. They are cash only being they are a husband and wife, 2 chair shop, so they don't want to pay the all the CC fees. They had a customer tell them "If you took CC's your business would easily double". There are two of them, 2 chairs in their original location for over 30 years, with easliy 2-4 customers waiting at a time. They don't need their customer base to double as they are doing just fine and happy. Being that Dynatrac's reputation precedes them and they have a loyal following are they really in need of this additional marketing? The proof used to be in the pudding.

Social Media is the devil and ruining society as we know it. Blue collar work is below most kids these days because they want to do what's on YouTube, IG, FB, etc and get something for nothing. We are still trying to fill 10 vacant seasonal firefighting positions late in August. It's absolutely unheard of as these jobs were highly sought after as a way to get your foot in the door.

This guy/gal had the right approach to influencers... He saw through their shit. They are just scammers.

https://people.com/travel/resort-sl...cers-seeking-free-stays-try-to-actually-work/

longarmwj

When axle time comes for the JK I’ll just have a custom set of junkyard axles built by my local shop. The HP44 in my WJ was built by him and I only have about 2300 into it. Most of that is the RCVs

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

Bubba just needs to start carrying Fusion 4x4 axles and then we have a quality vendor/sponsor carrying a quality product with really good support and lower cost with quicker lead times. Sounds like a win-win.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Bubba just needs to start carrying Fusion 4x4 axles and then we have a quality vendor/sponsor carrying a quality product with really good support and lower cost with quicker lead times. Sounds like a win-win.

I do believe he already has a relationship with them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked

I do believe he already has a relationship with them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yes he certainly does :brows:

That totally rocks...I’m going to get a pair of mannequins and put those on them...for the the front entrance of the house or in the LV condo (not sure yet)...anyone have a good reference for a divorce attorney?

IDK, sounds kinda weird man :thinking:

download.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The bigger issue for me is the fact that they want to charge a premium for their axles and take the longest to produce them and get them to you, yet on their own build they run China tires and China winch. Why should I support your American made claim and markup when you don’t?

For me, the price and time it takes to get an axle wouldn’t be a problem. Running all that China stuff on their Jeep bothers me, though. Especially since they promote buying USA made products.

I still think they make great stuff. I just question some of the moves they have made, lately. Maybe that is more Tony Carvallo, and not Jim McGean. I don’t know either one of them. I just know Carvallo came on board, recently.

Top Bottom