My life with a Brick

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The little shop press I picked up used
View attachment 356058
I think it will be really handy to have. I think I would have paid NAPA what I bought this for to assemble the rear axles so win win

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had the same deal. Someone wanted stupid money to press the ball joints out of the DJ and most people said they couldn’t do it without a huge or special press. Idiots. I bought a 20 on from harbor freight and have used it for all kinds of things.

JKbrick

Had thrown the dust shields from the front axle away back in 2012 but had never taken the back axle apart. I realized the dust shield is also the backer plate for the e-brake so I just had a buddy cut the dust shield part off then painted them up. No more rocks or sticks stuck in there
IMG_4685.jpg

JKbrick

Picked up the rear driveshaft today, had Spicer solid joints put in the cv and the axle end, balanced it and they put a boot over the slip splines, had not seen that before. It only moves 1/2” from stuff to droop so I assume it will stay on there. Now my ocd is telling me to put a boot on the front driveshaft ( insert jokes here)
IMG_4694.jpg

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Picked up the rear driveshaft today, had Spicer solid joints put in the cv and the axle end, balanced it and they put a boot over the slip splines, had not seen that before. It only moves 1/2” from stuff to droop so I assume it will stay on there. Now my ocd is telling me to put a boot on the front driveshaft ( insert jokes here)
View attachment 356308

Nice, glad you got it ready to go in. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom