The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Jsouder53

Hooked
wow, those studs show signs of being overtightened enough to crush/strip the threads that would allow them to come loose.

I over torqued the lug nuts on my JK when I used my new Milwaukee 1/2" impact for the first time and that's what the threads looked like.
I think it is from the wheel falling off, unless the shop did over tighten.

either way, just pricked up a new rotor, wheel bolts and lug nuts. I have a fun afternoon of Jeep work!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Bearbait is back together. New rotor, new studs and new lug nuts.

The inside of the wheel was a little chewed up so decided to throw it on the spare. I know it’s not too bad but just want to make sure it doesn’t lose air. There are a few cracks on the tire as well but they might have been there.

Attachments

• B2419215-43FD-4F22-854B-4904835CFA38.jpeg
    B2419215-43FD-4F22-854B-4904835CFA38.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 11
  • E8473236-E66F-467F-9462-ED8FD4852EDA.jpeg
    E8473236-E66F-467F-9462-ED8FD4852EDA.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 11

Jsouder53

Hooked
Finally installed an ARB compressor under the hood! Figured I’ll be getting lockers in the future whenever I get a set of one tons (hopefully in a year and a half). I installed the quick disconnect under the driver side dash right near the switch (will be getting switch pros eventually as well).

Attachments

• IMG_2954.jpeg
    IMG_2954.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2952.jpeg
    IMG_2952.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 7

Jsouder53

Hooked
Replaced one more rattle, the rough country sway bar link bolts were so rusted that I had to grind them off. Now I have the JKS flex connect quick disconnects. Pricy but we will see how it feels on road. Took it for a test drive and I like it so far!

Attachments

• IMG_3920.jpeg
    IMG_3920.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3919.jpeg
    IMG_3919.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 19

Leho

Replaced one more rattle, the rough country sway bar link bolts were so rusted that I had to grind them off. Now I have the JKS flex connect quick disconnects. Pricy but we will see how it feels on road. Took it for a test drive and I like it so far!
You’ll have to keep us updated on them. I like the way those look.

Jsouder53

Hooked
You’ll have to keep us updated on them. I like the way those look.
After driving with the Flex Connects for a few days to and from Big Sky, I can say that I am very happy with them. I bought these to benefit my daily driving on poorly maintained roads, I will still disconnect whenever off roading. If you daily drive gravel, dirt or piss poor asphalt roads, then I would suggest these.

I’ve never used anti rock sway bars, but I would think these are in line with those. The Jeep is not as tight as it was with normal links but not terrible overall. I do drive windy mountain roads and didn’t notice too much body roll.

Top Bottom