DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

JKbrick

Yeah I'm probably doing something wrong, though. The bracket, if mounted at the front of the evap canister where the two bolts are, doesn't come anywhere near the hanger off the exhaust. It's actually behind the muffler, and the hanger is on the other end on the downpipe. I can mount the bracket on the other end of the evap, towards the back of the truck, but only one bolt instead of two. There, at least, I can slip the hanger on, though it's a little janky. I've got an adjustable hanger clamp on the way, at least I can put there where I need to. I'll update one I get it in case anyone else runs into the same problem I did.

I think I got the same kit you did
IMG_4279.JPG
It didn’t fit mine either

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Yep, looks like the exact one.

Ok what I did was took off the exhaust and cut my pipe with a tubing cutter where that front pipe would be, and removed the length of the muffler, then instead of using the turn down just used the factory piece back over the axle and it stops where the old muffler hooked on
IMG_4333.JPG
IMG_4332.JPG
IMG_4331.JPG

Whiskeyjack

Ok what I did was took off the exhaust and cut my pipe with a tubing cutter where that front pipe would be, and removed the length of the muffler, then instead of using the turn down just used the factory piece back over the axle and it stops where the old muffler hooked on

Ah, a smart solution. I think I'll try something like this. Thanks!

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I had removed this exhaust setup quite awhile back because of the horrible drone at cruising speed. Well I decided to give it a shot again but this time I just replaced the factory muffler with the Dynomax muffler and love it. I had a local shop bend some pipe and turned out pretty nice.

IMG_4169.jpg IMG_4170.jpg

Whiskeyjack

Your welcome, I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that looked at it and thought wtf? That turn down and bolt on bracket I think has to de for a four door

So at the end of it, I installed it as is, but I had to buy an adjustable hanger. It sits nice, I haven't driven much with it yet. I'm pretty sure I'll use your solution to have it dump in the rear since I run windowless and doorless most often, but we'll see.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Sorry to bring back an old thread but for those that have been running this .. how has it been in the rocks ? Does this location seem prone to hits ? Has the exhaust survived ? My evap skid is doing okay but other stuff nearby is beat

USMC Wrangler

Sorry to bring back an old thread but for those that have been running this .. how has it been in the rocks ? Does this location seem prone to hits ? Has the exhaust survived ? My evap skid is doing okay but other stuff nearby is beat

I have done two trails with it since install. Granted, not much in the way of rocks, but some. I plan on doing another trail very soon that involves more so I’ll report back afterwards.

harley97

I've had mine on for about 4 or 5 years now. Its got a nice dent in it, but no leaks. I hit and smashed it on tons of rocks and other than scratches and the dent it has held up well. I'm pretty happy with this exhaust. I originally bought it because it was way cheaper than others (figured if it broke it was cheap to get a new one, but haven't had to do so yet), sounds great, and being under the driver side is much better than the stock muffler location.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I've had mine on for about 4 or 5 years now. Its got a nice dent in it, but no leaks. I hit and smashed it on tons of rocks and other than scratches and the dent it has held up well. I'm pretty happy with this exhaust. I originally bought it because it was way cheaper than others (figured if it broke it was cheap to get a new one, but haven't had to do so yet), sounds great, and being under the driver side is much better than the stock muffler location.

Good to know it’s durable

Top Bottom