The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

Napalm

Took a few minutes yesterday morning and got my 2ft firestik installed. I bought this thing on Jan 10th, and it got lost in the mail!
IMG_2701.jpg

Now to get it tuned, and do some final trip prep this week. Headed out for Hot Springs ORV park on Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Due to the incredible generosity of RockHard4x4, I’ve decided to order one of their Freedom Series front bumpers along with a skid plate, winch hoop, and FAD skid! I love this company!
IMG_2717.jpg
IMG_2718.jpg

Big changes coming in the build soon, due to the upcoming bucket list trip, EAST meets WEST!

Napalm

Out attempting to tune the CB this morning!
Adjustments.jpg
Finalizing the trip prep for this weekend
Adjustments.jpg
Packed up, and ready to head out. Heading out at 8am Friday morning!
Adjustments.jpg

Napalm

Fun Run up to Arkansas - the photo essay!

This past weekend, myself and a small group of local Jeepers traveled up to Arkansas. Two of us had JL Rubicons that had yet to see rock, so we were eager to test them out! Nothing sounded more exciting than the Arkansas Mountains to do this!

Loaded up and ready to head northeast!
Adjustments.jpg
Crossing the state line! Remi’s first time out of state!
Adjustments.jpg
Stopping to check out the Arkansas visitor center
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Four and a half hours later, we made it to our destination for the weekend!
Adjustments.jpg
First order of business was to get camp set up. I had an incredible site right next to a flowing stream. Made for great sounds the entire time!
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
While I wouldn’t be meeting up to wheel with my group until Saturday morning, I couldn’t resist but get out on the dirt.
Adjustments.jpg
I ran quite a few easier trails, and ended up finding some incredible scenery at higher elevations
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Back at camp, I ran into one of my local buddies with a trail break. He was running some harder trails and broke his PSC clamp for his hydro assist. Luckily, a welder was just down the road and able to get him fixed up so he could run the rest of the weekend!
IMG_3872.jpg
Finishing out the evening back at camp relaxing!
Adjustments.jpg
Good morning day two! It was a cold night at 28 degrees!
Adjustments.jpg
After breakfast, coffee, and packing up camp, I met up with my group for the day. We had another stock JLUR with us, as well as a brand new Gladiator Sport. The owner of the gladiator only kept it on the mild stuff and nothing intense! Our goal was to run the three Jeep Badge of Honor trails located in this park, as well as a bonus if we had time.
Adjustments.jpg
Not many action shots since I didn’t have a co driver, but here is some of the the terrain from the first trail, fun run.
Adjustments.jpg
After Fun Run, it was time to step up the difficult. Time to drop into Rubicon Ridge
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

We encountered some more difficult obstacles on this trail, so it was time to use the lockers!
Adjustments.jpg

Napalm

Fun Run up to Arkansas - Pt 2!

Staging mountainside for the final obstacle of Rubicon Ridge
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
After successfully conquering Rubicon Ridge, it was time for a quick lunch!
Adjustments.jpg
After lunch, it was time for our bonus trail.. or the most difficult of the day. This trail was called ultimate adventure. It was a four diamond, which is rated out of the capability of our stock rubicons. But, we had great spotters, and it was time to put our skid plates to good use!
Adjustments.jpg
Ultimate adventure is known for it’s two rock waterfalls. These are true mini waterfalls, as in streams running down them as we were headed up. This is where good spotting, and front and rear lockers came into play.
Adjustments.jpg
Planning out our lines, this large boulder would prove to be my only trail carnage for the day. I used it to pivot, and put a nice mark in the sliders. Hey, that’s what they are for!
Adjustments.jpg
I didn’t get any action shots on the rock waterfalls, except this one. Remi KILLED it, she did great. I was so proud of her, I’m gonna buy her a set of 37s! [emoji6]
IMG_3942.jpg
Successfully making it through ultimate adventure, we made it to the top of one of the mountains and were rewarded with some incredible views in all directions!
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
The group!
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_3944.jpg
Remi making friends with the gladiator!
IMG_3948.jpg
After finishing up, we aired up and said our goodbyes, and I hit the road!
Adjustments.jpg
Back home!
Adjustments.jpg

Here’s a few shots of the only visible carnage I could find! Not bad!
IMG_3929.jpg
IMG_3930.jpg

It was a GREAT quick trip. I was amazed at the capabilities and just how great lockers are. This trip has inspired me to make a few build changes.

Stay tuned in the next few days for HUGE announcements regarding the build coming soon [emoji16]

Napalm

Nice pics - looks like a good time! :thumb:

Thank you! It was an incredible time!

Looks like a fun weekend [emoji106]

Yes it was! Great times!

Looks like you had a nice time. There’s a lot to offer at Hot Springs OHV.

Yes sir! I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of trails and the incredible scenery!

Looks like fun and nice pictures!

Thank you! It was a great time!

Nice pics, looks like a good trip.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thank you! It was a great trip! Wish I could have stayed longer!

Awesome, looks like a great time!

It was indeed! I was amazed at the right out of the box Rubicon capabilities!

Looking good. Looks like it's time for some Rock Hard 4x4 sliders.

Yes indeed. From what I’ve heard, there’s a large box that has shown up at my firehouse for me when I get back. First of many [emoji6]

The Rubicon sliders did surprisingly well. I hung them on a few rocks and used them to pivot and they worked like a champ. I’ll be much more comfortable doing that with the Rockhard4x4 sliders though!

Looks awesome Nate [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Thank you! It was!!

Top Bottom