Building the Grendel

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
From my limited understanding, the accutune are somewhere between the EVO bolt ons and the full blown DTD. The accutune can go up to the 2.5” verses the 2.0s. They do a great job pre-tuning the coils and springs exactly to you build. They are a stronger tower and mount set up being welded on verses a bolt in condition. The have up to 5” of up travel. But they also are a couple more grand if you can’t personally weld once you buy the kit and have it burned on.

My only concern with either kit is the rear coilovers that are more exposed. Has anyone experienced any trail damage to them coming down ledges?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Been running the bolt ons since EVO came out with them and have never suffered any damage coming off ledges in Moab or anywhere else. I think they look more vulnerable than they really are.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
A lot of good info from you guys. I’m thinking if I go that route it’ll definitely be the Accutune or something more serious. Being that the Jeep now has a salvage title I don’t mind cutting things up as much lol and luckily I’ve got the welding covered

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TheGrendel

finished up the ass end. drove great. going to let everything settle for 2-3 weeks. then, i'll start working on adjusting everything.

:beer:

Upm85Ng.jpg

Top Bottom