VIDEO : HEART & SOUL - A Moab Vacation with the Engineers from Jeep [Part-1]

jeeeep

Hooked
awesome! here I was wishing there was something worth watching on TV and boom! email arrives with Part 1 :thumb: :clap2:

Too bad about the flop. I watched that several times and have to wonder how much the extended hitch mount shackle played a role in the Jeep flopping.

When the owner stated he had it in neutral trying to let it back down and it wouldn't go, my guess is it was because of the hitch shackle

IMO it looks like the bounce/pivot it took off the shackle sent the Jeep off to the side and on it's side.

I also noticed in a few of the other steep pitch climbs, it looked like having something sticking out of the hitch might actually impede the climb.

My reason for all this is I have a stinger that I felt has protected the spare from hitting when dropping off a ledge but, I have felt it hit on climbs a few times and felt that it's also impeded the rear tires getting a good bite when climbing a ledge.

After seeing that Jeep flop and IMO it was because of the way the extended shackle stopped the backwards rolling progress, I think I'd better rethink the whole stinger thing or figure out a way to mount it higher up on the bumper :thinking:

it was as awesome to watch the 2nd time as it was the 1st - Thank you!!

And I thought it was going to be boring Sunday night TV...

CU4WHLN

Hi Eddiie -n- Cindy!

Wow! So nice to see this video . . . You guys are GREAT at this stuff! Good Job !

Glad you guys were troopers and made it on this trip in spite of a few challenges. Thanks for coming !! For us, this was all about spending time with friends and enjoying our love of 4 wheeling. It was a very fun week with friends!

To those who think Jeep engineers are something "special" .. NOPE. You saw video of us trying lines that didn't work, a little extra throttle to bump it up, having a little "too much" fun... Normal stuff. We are JUST like you. We love 4 wheeling, drive and break our Jeeps just like you. We build our stuff, sometimes well, and sometimes have to rebuild it to fix what we thought was a good idea. Basically, we are Jeep enthusiasts who happened to be lucky enough to land a job on a product we love. NOT an expert ... I think I learn something new on every trip.

Is it satisfying? YUP. But the best part is meeting Jeeple all over the country.. no matter who they are, where they're from, whats their background, ... we all share one common bond: Jeeps. Instant friends, everywhere. I absolutely think Jeep owners are the best folks ever. No other brand has the loyalty and passion of Jeep. Hope to see some of you on the trail someday . . .

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
That's an awesome video as always!!! Thank you guys for all you do and how we can live vicariously through you and Cindy and everyone else on here as well! It's great having a place to come together and share all of this and look forward to seeing the next video!!!! Soon I hope 🙃

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
What a great video! Love seeing all the differnt jeeps out there together. Love that renegade cj! Hope to have mine that nice some day. Thank you guys for putting that together for us. Next best thing to being there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That has to be a treat wheeling with jeep engineers. Gorgeous rigs they have too. Very cool.

The real treat is that these guys are just regular people like you and I. What was even more cool was that so many of them enjoy wheeling what they make pretty much like they come off the factory floor. :crazyeyes:

Awesome video as always thanks for sharing [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]l]

So glad to hear that you enjoyed it :cool:

I hate that the guy laid his Jeep over, but it was really cool to see how helpful everyone was after the fact. No one being a jerk, rubbing it in, or anything. Very cool.

Honestly, it could of happened to any one of us and we all responded the only way we knew how - as a good friend :yup:

Just when I was finished watching "The Pacific Northwest" for the 162nd time! Awesome video! Thanks for sharing as always!

:cheesy: I'm glad to hear we were able to provide you with some new viewing material :D

Awesome video to see pre exodus. Can't wait!

You guys are gonna have a blast!

Great video! Looking forward to getting down there next spring

Awesome that you'll be heading there sooner than later. :thumb:

Great video! What an incredible lineup of Jeeps! I'm glad you got the opportunity to go and capture this. Thanks to Jim and all the people at Jeep, and thank you Eddie and Cindy for another great production!

So glad that you enjoyed following the fun we had out in Moab :cool:

Among the best 19:18 minutes spent ever!!!

LOL!! Thank you, we're so glad to hear it :)

Very nice video with some very capable Jeeps! Bummer about the one mishap, but glad everyone is ok.

Mishaps happen but fortunately, everyone was okay and we were with good friends.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff! :thumb:

Another great video! Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Once again Awesome job!

Thanks! Glad you liked it :cool:

Very cool to see semi stock jeeps conquering those trails.

You know, it just goes to show you that these Jeep guys really do make the best off road vehicles you can buy right off the showroom floor.

Great footage. I hope to one day make it out there. Looks like a ton of fun!

It really is a must at least once :yup:

Another great video! Can't wait to see the rest.

Awesome seeing all the different Jeeps together wheeling! Can't wait for part 2!

I think wheeling with so many different types of Jeeps was one of the best parts about this trip. We're working on 2 now :)

Right on! Awesome video. Can't get enough of the rolling jeep museum! Looking forward to the next vids!

LOL!! It really was kind of a museum of Jeeps on this trip :yup:

Seemed like the 4dr and unlimited TJ's had an advantage on the big ledges

Long wheel base vehicles are king out in Moab.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That has got to be the best way to do it...Jeeping with Jeep Gods!

LOL!! If by "gods", you mean the creators of Jeep, yeah, it was a lot of fun wheeling with them for sure.

I love the fact that you can put a jeep on its side. Flip it back over and keep jeeping. Love these rigs. Always enjoy these videos!!

Jeeps are tough vehicles and a lot of these guys worked hard to make them that way :yup:

Glad the one jeep wasn't really hurt

It was real fortunate for sure.

Good to see jeeps of all ages having fun.

That really was the best part of this trip. :yup:

Tell you what...Cindy can drive...

Better than a lot of guys I've seen over the years although, she's way too modest to think so.

Just can't get enough of those videos you and Cindy create. I could spend hours watching them. And with my Moab trip in 2 weeks, perfect timing.

So glad to hear it and I hope you have a great time out there :thumb:

Looks like a blast!

It's Moab! It's always a blast out there :yup:

Worth the wait after seeing the teaser. Thanks!

Thank you, we're so glad to hear it :cool:

Loved it! Some great machinery and excellent driving!

Glad to hear it, thank you :)

Great way to end the weekend watching a new vid! Awesome the way you guys assisted the flipped Jeep and kept everything calm... love seeing the stockers out there too... thanks Eddie & Cindy for another great video!

We really appreciate it, thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another awesome video!

I'm looking forward to watching the next installment!

So glad to hear it, thanks!

Great video. Talk about a series of unfortunate events!

It all worked out in the end so all was good. :yup:

In a word that will be used over and over - awesome!

Thank you :blush:

That was a fun one to watch. Nice job and can't wait for the next installment. [emoji41][emoji106]

Glad you enjoyed it! We still have footage from our last time out there with you guys that we want to make a video out of :crazyeyes:

Thanks for sharing the video, when i see you guys wheeling your Jeeps, it makes me glad i have a JKU and a YJ!

Hey Dennis, glad you enjoyed the video. Sorry we missed you out at the Vegas to Reno race but our guy blew his motor just outside of Tonopah. :crazyeyes:

Gotta be heart jumping when that jeep tips on its side. :shock:

Believe me, your heart jumps when you're outside looking at the Jeep going over :crazyeyes:

So cool Eddie! I love seeing all the pretty much stock jeeps with big ass jeeps! It looks so fun to find the line and carefully work up, instead of just throttling it lol

Thanks for sharing the trip!

Watching the stock Jeeps almost made me want to drive one of them and experience it for myself again :yup:

Awesome experience... One day, my Jeep and I will get out there!!

You definitely need to get out there!

Glad you had fun. Can't wait to get out to Moab this winter. Hopefully have some great stories to tell as well. :beer:

Moab in winter can be interesting for sure especially if it snows on you :yup:

Excellent video, can't wait to run it myself and check off Moab on my bucket list.

Do it sooner than later if you can.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
awesome! here I was wishing there was something worth watching on TV and boom! email arrives with Part 1 :thumb: :clap2:

Too bad about the flop. I watched that several times and have to wonder how much the extended hitch mount shackle played a role in the Jeep flopping.

When the owner stated he had it in neutral trying to let it back down and it wouldn't go, my guess is it was because of the hitch shackle

IMO it looks like the bounce/pivot it took off the shackle sent the Jeep off to the side and on it's side.

I also noticed in a few of the other steep pitch climbs, it looked like having something sticking out of the hitch might actually impede the climb.

My reason for all this is I have a stinger that I felt has protected the spare from hitting when dropping off a ledge but, I have felt it hit on climbs a few times and felt that it's also impeded the rear tires getting a good bite when climbing a ledge.

After seeing that Jeep flop and IMO it was because of the way the extended shackle stopped the backwards rolling progress, I think I'd better rethink the whole stinger thing or figure out a way to mount it higher up on the bumper :thinking:

it was as awesome to watch the 2nd time as it was the 1st - Thank you!!

And I thought it was going to be boring Sunday night TV...

LOL!! Glad we were able to bring some entertainment to your Sunday night.

Regarding the tip, yes, it was the hitch that put Dave on his side. Contrary to what some of the Monday night quarterbacks were saying right off the bat, you can clearly see that he did put his Jeep in neutral and the rear tires were rolling when his hitch caught the ground and lifted his tires off the ground. That being said, I would think you'd be okay with a stinger so long as it's sitting in an angle.

It's good to have a new video to watch. My wife is getting sick of seeing the same ones over and over.

:cheesy: We'll try harder to keep bringing you new material :D

Wow! So nice to see this video . . . You guys are GREAT at this stuff! Good Job !

Glad you guys were troopers and made it on this trip in spite of a few challenges. Thanks for coming !! For us, this was all about spending time with friends and enjoying our love of 4 wheeling. It was a very fun week with friends!

To those who think Jeep engineers are something "special" .. NOPE. You saw video of us trying lines that didn't work, a little extra throttle to bump it up, having a little "too much" fun... Normal stuff. We are JUST like you. We love 4 wheeling, drive and break our Jeeps just like you. We build our stuff, sometimes well, and sometimes have to rebuild it to fix what we thought was a good idea. Basically, we are Jeep enthusiasts who happened to be lucky enough to land a job on a product we love. NOT an expert ... I think I learn something new on every trip.

Is it satisfying? YUP. But the best part is meeting Jeeple all over the country.. no matter who they are, where they're from, whats their background, ... we all share one common bond: Jeeps. Instant friends, everywhere. I absolutely think Jeep owners are the best folks ever. No other brand has the loyalty and passion of Jeep. Hope to see some of you on the trail someday . . .

We're so glad that you enjoyed it! Cindy and I had so much fun with you guys and I think you can see as much in the video. The best part about all you guys is that you are in fact, just normal guys and gals that love Jeeps and love to go wheeling. Thanks for having us along and we so look forward to seeing you again soon. :yup:

That's an awesome video as always!!! Thank you guys for all you do and how we can live vicariously through you and Cindy and everyone else on here as well! It's great having a place to come together and share all of this and look forward to seeing the next video!!!! Soon I hope 🙃

Thank you for that, we're so glad to hear you enjoy our videos in this way. With any luck, maybe you'll be able to join us on a run in person someday :cool:

What a great video! Love seeing all the differnt jeeps out there together. Love that renegade cj! Hope to have mine that nice some day. Thank you guys for putting that together for us. Next best thing to being there.

So glad you enjoyed it and yes, all the different Jeeps made this run just amazing!

Love when a new "episode" comes out!

awesome video!

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed our video :)

mauijim

As always a great video that's so cool to watch and dream about being there. Looks so fun. And I love how your dog enjoys it as much if not more than the humans do. Nice to see all the 2 doors out there and for the most part making it look easy. Can't wait for part 2 and hopefully 3 and I'll take 4 too. I get glued to the tv watching your videos. [emoji41][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

pop2tu

Awesome video! It's amazing what some of the stock Jeeps can go through! Thank you so much for sharing! Can't wait for part 2

Bwdesignworks

Awesome !

Great video! I really need to make it there no doubt. It looks like such a blast especially when you have a caravan of Jeeps to follow and help you out. When is the best time of year to go?

Bryon

22.Rubicon

Just what I needed!

Thank you so much for a new video! I'm finally back in the Jeep club after almost a year. This time in a family friendlier 4-door to keep up with my growing family. I just finished rewatching all your awesome videos now that I can actually sit in a Jeep again, so this new one landed with perfect timing.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom