Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_2101.JPG
IMG_2103.JPG

Rewired the dust lights by drilling through bumper and using heat shrink and rubber grommets . Should be good to go this time 🤞

Got all steering components in .. now just gotta find time to install

IMG_2107.JPG

Synergy chromoly tie rod with anti flop dust boots— mine is bent as hell from John Bull
Rancho steering stabilizer
OEM replacement drag link end (pitman side)
Synergy SS clamp

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Balanced 5 tires. All took between 1 and 3 oz of weight . Flipped front lower control arms and extracted the broken grease zerks . On the rears, just extracted the one broken zerk .. figure can just leave the zerk out when wheeling and insert to grease .

Took to dealership and they are replacing a water pump and 2 pulleys that are going bad and making noise under warranty. Only 50k miles! Also doing passenger airbag recall . They claim top and bottom radiator hoses are swelling and want 600 for the replacement as disposables aren’t covered . Pass , will just get those and keep them as spares for now . Also they wanted 100 for stupid piece of decorative door trim which cracked . Who else sells the oem trim for JKs ?

jesse3638

Hooked
Balanced 5 tires. All took between 1 and 3 oz of weight . Flipped front lower control arms and extracted the broken grease zerks . On the rears, just extracted the one broken zerk .. figure can just leave the zerk out when wheeling and insert to grease .

Took to dealership and they are replacing a water pump and 2 pulleys that are going bad and making noise under warranty. Only 50k miles! Also doing passenger airbag recall . They claim top and bottom radiator hoses are swelling and want 600 for the replacement as disposables aren’t covered . Pass , will just get those and keep them as spares for now . Also they wanted 100 for stupid piece of decorative door trim which cracked . Who else sells the oem trim for JKs ?

Yeah dealerships want crazy money to do things. A 30k service on my Sentra would have cost me 900. Doing it myself is less than 100. Crazy. I'd keep a zerk in there just to keep dirt and debris out. As for OEM parts try quadratech. If I remember correctly they have a pretty good selection of OEM stuff.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_2133.JPG

Installed synergy tie rod, rancho steering stabilizer, and new drag link end at the Pittman side . Thanks to Rubidave for lending a hand and a garage to wrench .

Torqued all bolts on the evo track bar bracket and the track bar ... damn some of those bolts are impossible to get to

Hope this puts death wobble to bed

jdofmemi

View attachment 325868

Wife and I are thinking about building an RC crawler for fun. Found my bumper . ‘Getto midwidth’ and all [emoji23]

That is too cool.

I've been watching videos of those, and when filmed right, you could mistake them for the real thing.

I love all the little accessories you can get for them too.

By the way, congratulations on your new steering components. I hope the wobble is gone.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

Installed Outback adventure products trailgater. No drilling installation and feels solid . I wouldn’t hammer stuff on it but it’ll hold and be a good work surface

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Shitty update . Found a crack where the rear drivers side quarter panel seam is . Took it to dealership and they said not covered under the extended warranty because it’s past 3 years 30k miles . Also mentioned it could be from the 37 spare rattling the latch side of the tailgate . I think it might have happened on John Bull when I dropped on the corner .. bumper makes contact with the quarter panel at stuff and I can see paint chips on the bottom

IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2180.JPG

Debating whether I should use a little JB weld on the inside .. can access it through the tail light but can’t see the crack there . Could just be surface . Might hit it with touch up paint pen .

Thoughts ? Search seems to show this has happened to others as well . Sigh

Top Bottom