Jeep 2500 Pickup Truck Coming in the Future??

U.S.Able

Confucius say...A Jeep is a Jeep, and a truck is a truck.

Create a Jeep-Truck that can haul and do "truck stuff" and what we like about Jeeps would probably be lost. Probably be hard to feel topless and carefree in a truck that's heavy enough for a 2500/3500 badge.

Give me an AEV-style, HEMI-powered unit on 40s & tons with a warranty for less than $60k.

Earthmover75

Absolutely!

I'm close to due to replace my old K20 pick in the next couple years. This sounds like the perfect addition to the Jeep-fleet!

Jeep0351

Why would anyone want that?

Ok... I know most people are going to disagree with this but here goes.... What in the world would you want that for? If I want a truck I want a straight axle beast. Ford, RAM, you can find great straight axle trucks that are exactly that trucks. Now the idea of a jeep being a truck is like a dog being a horse.... Why would you try and design a dog to ride when you already have horses for that purpose? It just doesnt make sense ESPECIALLY WHEN THE ORIGINAL WONDERFUL DESIGN OF OUR BELOVED WRANGLER IS FADING SO FAST.

Jeeps are supposed to be a few things: fun, dangerous, easy-ish to work on, highly customizeable, SMALL, COMPACT, and turn around on a one lane dirt road. I tell you that I would rather buy an old Jeep and an old Truck for the price that ridiculous Jeep truck is going to cost. Its like the 40 caliber bullet; it's an answer to a question that was never asked... Scrap it and focus on bringing the Wrangler back to its Wrangler glory.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
IF this truck were really to happen, it would most likely be built off of a RAM 2500 just like the Durango is built off of a Grand Cherokee. For me, it'd just be nice to drive a real truck that is also a Jeep just like I do now with my old J2000. Oh yeah, Jeep used to make full size pickups well before there was ever a Wrangler :crazyeyes:

main.php

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
IF this truck were really to happen, it would most likely be built off of a RAM 2500 just like the Durango is built off of a Grand Cherokee. For me, it'd just be nice to drive a real truck that is also a Jeep just like I do now with my old J2000. Oh yeah, Jeep used to make full size pickups well before there was ever a Wrangler :crazyeyes:

main.php

Exactly, I doubt we can find a use for a jeep truck [emoji849]

IMG_1478644225.618926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Diesel_Ranger

Heck YES

One Ton straight Axles - check
Diesel engine - check
Coil springs - check
And it's a Jeep!
This has my name all over it. Sure, this may not be the truck for you if you are trying to haul 20T for work every day (or for pleasure). But, seriously folks, a capable jeep truck with a legendary engine platform and D60's from the factory. It's almost like the folks at FCA have been listening to my conversations.
For all the "I would rather have an old wrangler any day folks". That's great, to each his own. But now you can tow your old jeep toy WITH A JEEP :wings:

Last edited:

JamesWyatt

I was mulling this idea the other day in another thread. Love the idea, especially if it's not just full-sized, but HD.

It would be a tough choice between this and what I also hope they offer which is the extended version of the JL - something like the Defender 110-inspired safari concept they did a while back.

Journeyman

It really just depends on the price. I know dodge is super proud of their power wagons and that's just a gas motor. I know it could never replace my jku. But I am in the market for the right 3/4 ton diesel pickup right now as my jku gets up there in mileage and has steadily been becoming more of an Offroad adventure vehicle.

t.remieres

1 tons and a diesel sounds a bit expensive. Ive already got a a jk8 and ram that I am very happy with. Althoughhh if I can trade in both for a 4 door jeep truck I definitely would. I love jeep and I love trucks. This might be the best of both worlds. I can imagine itll mock the brute which is awesome.

FallonJeeper

main.php

14753457_10210878704664400_8555940211835904785_o.jpg

I like it, but... you can't beat the original. I'd like to see more retro than a JK conversion.

Top Bottom