Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
How do you open the top if it's not on a slide?

It opens like 40 degrees or enough to put in a sandwich or beer . If putting in or taking out like a 2L bottle would need to slide the top off horizontally .

I thought about a slide but the real issue is the height and not the opening . I can step on the bumper to access it now but if slid out may be harder .

Back seat is still my go to for convenience . Consider this camping setup when loaded up with gear

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
It opens like 40 degrees or enough to put in a sandwich or beer . If putting in or taking out like a 2L bottle would need to slide the top off horizontally .

I thought about a slide but the real issue is the height and not the opening . I can step on the bumper to access it now but if slid out may be harder .

Back seat is still my go to for convenience . Consider this camping setup when loaded up with gear

I put the ARB in the back of my Anvil on top of a Frontline storage unit, which is a little bit lower than your setup...but I still had a little bit of a problem being able to access the fridge...until I got a very small folding step stool that took up very little room...it made it a lot easier grabbing stuff from the fridge

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I put the ARB in the back of my Anvil on top of a Frontline storage unit, which is a little bit lower than your setup...but I still had a little bit of a problem being able to access the fridge...until I got a very small folding step stool that took up very little room...it made it a lot easier grabbing stuff from the fridge

That’s a great idea. Will double to let parents and grandparents in and out as well

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Apparently the noise was loose connection on the electric vacuum pump . All fixed

In other news, both driver and passenger door seals are failing .. leaks onto front carpets . Lame

TrailHunter

Hooked
Apparently the noise was loose connection on the electric vacuum pump . All fixed

In other news, both driver and passenger door seals are failing .. leaks onto front carpets . Lame

Stuff some 3/8” or 1/2” (I think I used 3/8) Backer Rod behind the weatherstripping. It will create a tighter seal. Cheap & easy.

IMG_2974.JPG

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Stuff some 3/8” or 1/2” (I think I used 3/8) Backer Rod behind the weatherstripping. It will create a tighter seal. Cheap & easy.

View attachment 343248

Have nothing better to do so ran to store and picked some up .

It fits cleanly behind the weatherstrip but regardless where you put it, one side doesn’t seal again . I got the inside towards the Jeep to seal but it looks like the outside towards the door has a gap .

Not sure if it will hold water or just collect it all inside the weatherstrip and deposit it all on my floor

IMG_6358.jpg
IMG_6361.jpg

Also put a rubber strip along the inside.. some said this worked for them on YouTube . Not the cleanest but seems like it will keep some water out . Def not permanent solution .. bet it falls off in 3 months

IMG_6362.jpg

Lastly the 4G rotopax came in . Was hoping it would fit in the same location I carry my 2G . Clears the bumper but will hit my chase light when the tailgate opens . Not redoing lights or rear bumper to carry more gas for 1 trip so this is getting returned.

IMG_6364.jpg

Lol aside from the vacuum pump .. has been a moderately annoying day of covid maintenance . [emoji40]

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Have nothing better to do so ran to store and picked some up .

It fits cleanly behind the weatherstrip but regardless where you put it, one side doesn’t seal again . I got the inside towards the Jeep to seal but it looks like the outside towards the door has a gap .

Not sure if it will hold water or just collect it all inside the weatherstrip and deposit it all on my floor

View attachment 343256
View attachment 343261

Also put a rubber strip along the inside.. some said this worked for them on YouTube . Not the cleanest but seems like it will keep some water out . Def not permanent solution .. bet it falls off in 3 months

View attachment 343259

Lastly the 4G rotopax came in . Was hoping it would fit in the same location I carry my 2G . Clears the bumper but will hit my chase light when the tailgate opens . Not redoing lights or rear bumper to carry more gas for 1 trip so this is getting returned.

View attachment 343260

Lol aside from the vacuum pump .. has been a moderately annoying day of covid maintenance . [emoji40]

I need a Rotopax. How much you want for it?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Wasn't looking for a deal, just figured I could make you whole if it was easier than doing a return.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Appreciate it James . Goes back to amazon through UPS . Don’t even have to pack it . Just drop off at an access point . Would be faster for you to order it prime .

If I had gotten it from a distributor without free returns then you’re right I would have been out at least shipping . Had a feeling this wouldn’t work so amazon made sense

BaddestCross

Appreciate it James . Goes back to amazon through UPS . Don’t even have to pack it . Just drop off at an access point . Would be faster for you to order it prime .

If I had gotten it from a distributor without free returns then you’re right I would have been out at least shipping . Had a feeling this wouldn’t work so amazon made sense

It's hard to beat Prime's service. Just had to take advantage of their great policies myself this week. [emoji106]

--

Top Bottom