Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
After multiple trips to Rausch creek on the spacer lift and the 32" tires I knew I needed to do more to the jeep. I was hooked! I knew I needed some way to help me get unstuck if I ever did. So a winch and bumper combo was next! When looking around I didn't like the looks of full with front bumpers. I wanted to get away from it so a stubby was the only way. Also I made sure that I would retain my factory fogs. I ended up going with the rugged ridge stubby. This stubby was a build it your way set up with many configurations which is why I liked it. Then picking a winch was next. I ended up going with the Quadratec Q9000. All I knew is that it was a great price and per reviews it was a very strong winch. The winch was very rarely get used but I figured its great to have.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376743890.971890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
After a while I knew I needed to find people to go wheeling with. I was hooked! So I started looking for jeep clubs around me and forums to be apart of. In the spring after tons of time looking I found Wayalife. Couldn't be happier to be apart of this forum! I have learned so much in the past few months its insane. I didn't know about gear ratios being a big deal, why a rubi was so much better, why wheel spacers (like spidatrax) are better then shims, etc etc. it opened my eyes a lot to the jeep world even more! For that I thank Eddie and all of you that helped answer my stupid questions at times. You rock!

Ok so enough of the sappy stuff back to the build. One cool thing I saw on a few jeeps was the back grill accenting the main color of the jeep. I REALLY liked this look and knew I had to do it. Already knowing about plasti-dip from their YouTube videos I went this route and ordered there kit online. Then one night it was game time.

Off comes the grill
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744537.638914.jpg

Bug free and ready to spray
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744563.754152.jpg

5 coats later
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744582.020037.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744588.693262.jpg

Finished on the jeep
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744621.367196.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Drayko88

Just read through the all of the thread so far. Jeep looks amazing, especially the up to date picture. Can't wait to read the rest of the thread as it comes!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Good looking rig! :thumb:
Hows the ride with 35s and stock gears?

It isn't bad. I have the 3.8 so it's sluggish as is. I will regear at some point but that is a while away. I'm in no rush

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
After wheeling a few times on the BB and 32's, along with some persuasion on here, I knew I needed to upgrade.

So 35's and a 2.5" coil lift it was. But which ones to choose.

So choosing tires was the easy part. I LOVED the look of the mud grapplers from day one! Didn't care how loud they were on the road, I just knew they would be an all around amazing tire. I ordered them from discount tire since they were the cheapest, even with the warranty, in 315/70r16. Was told 5-7 days for shipping and got them in 3!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377006441.915767.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377006461.097952.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Then came the choice of the lift. After all the research and knowledge gained on here I wanted the Bilstein 5100 shocks. From the sound of it they would add a smoothness to any ride even if the coils were extreamly stiff. Now for the coils, as much as I wanted the enforcer lift it was way out of my budget. So the next best thing was a lift I have seen in action with 37's and 33's. Both Hinrich and jkmadness both run the Teraflex 2.5 lift and they both said very positive things about it. So I said what the hell, it's a great price and comes with a lot of parts.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007269.272814.jpg

A week later it was getting installed!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007291.795557.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007304.423604.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007318.069957.jpg

And as you saw in my first few posts this is how it's turned out!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007348.504035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice, very nice. I really like the black front grill; I'm planning on doing that with my white Jeep.

thanks Kenny! yea i really like the black grill. 2 cans of Plasti-dip ($14) and a few hours of your time (due to drying times) and your done. i did 5 coats but you can get away with 3-4 coats easily.

bl17z90

I'm jelous of the mud grapplers but my lady said that she would not ride in mine if I got those so I went with the trail grapplers, and she is happy with them. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So a week or two ago now I finally decided I needed to pull the trigger and finally cut my fenders! I knew I would need the extra clearance due to the 35's and I figured it would look better (IMO) than the bushwackers.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377643559.733857.jpg
The point of no return

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377643578.386529.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377643587.499884.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377643596.899714.jpg
Kinda borrowed Moby's lines but hey they are bad ass lines!

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since I got the new tires I knew eventually I would need a new carrier since the stock one wouldn't last for long. I was split between the Genright and the OR-Fab. (Eventually I want the EVO skins and carrier but that's for when I get 37's). I really liked the look of both carriers a lot! It basically came down to how the tire would look sitting on the back. I wanted it to look big sitting back there. I felt as tho in the Genrigjt carrier it just looked small (in pics from Hinrich build thread) and I knew Greg ran the OR FAB on EVOJEEP for a while so I knew it was sturdy. With that being said I went with the OR FAB. It was easy to open, made the tire look huge, and had ropax cans as well and at a cheaper cost then the genright.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377643957.964655.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377643966.468110.jpg

I'm really happy with it so far!

A side note for anyone installing this (I didn't do the install) my guy who did install it said its a pain BUT he loves how sturdy of a set up it is because it was such a pain

Sent from my iPhone

JK1

looks good... yank that rear bumper off and run without anything till you get the d-ring mounts... i ran mine like that for a month (while i was waiting for the d-ring mounts)it looks good even without the evo mounts..:thumb:

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
looks good... yank that rear bumper off and run without anything till you get the d-ring mounts... i ran mine like that for a month (while i was waiting for the d-ring mounts)it looks good even without the evo mounts..:thumb:

Thanks! Just actually got my D ring mounts today! They will be going on soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
well on my way home from the beach yesterday my valve stem decided to break at the rubber causing my tire to go flat on the highway. gave discount tire a call and will have my replacement on thursday. im hoping my sidewall isnt damaged from running flat but we will see when i swap the stem. love the speedy service of discount tire:rock:

Top Bottom