Stupid gift to Spouse

trailraider

So we have all done some stupid stuff in our past, some would be ideas or gifts to our spouses.

lets hear some of the great in theory not in practice stuff we've done.

Buddy of mine surprised his wife with a membership to weight watchers. he walked home from the store.

Last edited:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
So we have all done some stupid stuff in our past, some would be ideas or gifts to our spouses.

lets hear some of the great in theory not in practice stuff we've done.

Buddy of mine surprised his wife with a membership to weight watchers. he walked home from the store.

Hahaha that’s pretty bad.. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JDDK

I finally qualify with some expertise on a subject!
I have bought on seperate birthdays for my wife, a vacuum cleaner and a treadmill. Seemed like good and practical at the time to me. It was over 15 years ago. Married for 24 yrs now, have learned a thing or two. OK, at least a thing.🤣

SLO

Hair extensions. It wasn’t stupid to her, it was stupid to me. $1000 for something she could grow herself. Every time I tried to argue against it, she asked “how much have you spent on your Jeep?” That always ends the discussion.

Last edited:

MericaMade

Mine said she really likes the way coilovers look on Jeeps......Guess whos getting a surprise gift now!!! I'm even going to let her open them up and say, surprise look what I got you.

trailraider

Mine wasn't so much a gift as an ungift.

I brought her Jeep into the dealership to have the oil change and drove home in my new Jeep. she wasn't so mad at the fact I got a new Jeep, it was more the I didn't talk to her about it first. pretty sure I mentioned it at some point in conversations. sadly when the kids feel the need they bring it up as it is still a sore spot four years later.

Brute

Hooked
I'm smart enough to know not to get her anything except flowers...she has everything she needs, and can get anything she wants herself...that way there are no regrets (at least on my end)...

wibornz

My wife talked about getting into mounted horseback shooting. So, I order her a set of single action 45LC revolvers to surprise her. The only place within 200 miles that does mounted shooting burns to the ground before the pistols come in. She did not tell me. So I give her the pistols and she said, I can't use these because the place burned down. So, now we have two nice 45 lc pistols sitting in the gun safe. They are not my kind of gun. Cool, but there is a 1000 bucks of ho hum single actions paper weights.

20180426_105628.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
My wife and I just buy what we need when we need it and say happy birthday or Merry Christmas (which ever holiday is closest to the date) whenever it comes in [emoji23] so we never really go all out on birthdays or holidays

TrailHunter

Hooked
My wife talked about getting into mounted horseback shooting. So, I order her a set of single action 45LC revolvers to surprise her. The only place within 200 miles that does mounted shooting burns to the ground before the pistols come in. She did not tell me. So I give her the pistols and she said, I can't use these because the place burned down. So, now we have two nice 45 lc pistols sitting in the gun safe. They are not my kind of gun. Cool, but there is a 1000 bucks of ho hum single actions paper weights.

View attachment 318839

Paper weights??? I’ll give you $300 for both... I have a lot of paper. [emoji51]

wibornz

Paper weights??? I’ll give you $300 for both... I have a lot of paper. [emoji51]

I would buy two more if I could find a pair for 300. It is to bad the placed burned down. I was looking forward to watching some mounted shooting. I do need to put them up for sale, but just haven't got around to it.

JKbrick

My wife and I just buy what we need when we need it and say happy birthday or Merry Christmas (which ever holiday is closest to the date) whenever it comes in [emoji23] so we never really go all out on birthdays or holidays

We do too, she would rather have me sweep or dust or do laundry once in a while than buy her something.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom