TUCKED or UNTUCKED : Aftermarket Jeep Products Survey

TUCKED or UNTUCKED - What "Look" do You Prefer?

• TUCKED - Full fenders and tires under them

Votes: 163 40.3%
  • UNTUCKED - Trimmed, flat or no fenders and tires sticking far out

Votes: 241 59.7%

• Total voters

OldManJeepin

Tucked Flat Fenders

I don't really like the factory fenders: I do like the tires tucked under flat fenders though. Not just because Jersey laws state the tires can't stick out past the flares, but I do like the flares to do their job catching crap from flying all over the place...

Lane paul

Tucked or untucked

I think that the flat fenders are better because if you have flares then they can rub on your tire during up travel

headhunter

Tucked

For people who like and prefer the tucked or factory look, I'd really be interested in hearing your thought on this after you vote. :yup:

I prefer the stock look of both TJ and JK fenders (I have both), however I also like larger tires and wider wheels. My solution was to buy aftermarket flares that while they appear to be stock are actually about (4") wider. The look on my TJ is exactly what I wanted. As for my JK Rubicon, I'm still looking for stock appearing but (4") wider fender flares. My current factory flares will suffice but I'd really like to have wider fenders to control any mud or rocks that my tires might fling.

WhiteMetal

In British Columbia any time you’ve got tires extending past fenders, you get nailed for unsafe vehicle. SUCKS!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Where in BC are you from, I've mostly gotten away with it in Alberta but mud flaps I've been pulled over a few times just got warnings, most of the times they were in the back of jeep and I forgot to put back on after trail

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gbint

I’m on the island. Was in Kelowna for 10 years where things were a bit more relaxed. No hassles about doors off, tires outside the fenders. Was all good. However it’s all anal on the island. What makes it worse in I’m a automotive safety inspector!!!

2qik2see

I like’um TUCKED! Highlines though..gotta have some clearance. I think the tucked is a clean and tight look..more refined/finished if that makes sense?? Not that I don’t like the untucked look, bc I do..if it’s a crawler and you’re a rock banger. I think untucked/flats are better suited for that. I’m into trails not so much rock crawling so tucked/highlines suit me. Tho I admit, I’ve been lookn at the MCE and Bushwacker flats. Pretty much luv anything Metal Cloak but my budget doesn’t share my luv of Metal Cloak..at the moment. Damn, I’m torn..I need a drink.[emoji848]🥃

Gbint

Any samples of untucked with the new JL? Those fender lights wouldn’t last long in tight off road situations. It amazing how the JK fenders flex!

CathieBuege

Tucked unlike my shirts

Im definitely the minority as I prefer the tucked fenders. The flat fenders look unfinished to me like something is missing.

gatorator

tucked tight

weight remaining lower (center of gravity) and narrow to fit in tight places works for me, but I am old and that's what i grew up with and seeing on early stuff, could be PNW too?

what ever became of the information?

JT's are a whole new ballgame imho too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom