Teraflex - Bad rep for a reason or isolated cases?

Jeepfan30

Evo mfg, full traction, rancho, and Currie are just a few to name lift wise. As far as bumpers and other parts you have Evo mfg, rancho, dynomax, rock hard, and crawler concepts are just a few more to name.

How about that new JKS lift that rides better than EVO Enforcer?

Wait for it.....:thankyou:

BenJKWrangler15

Starts a thread bashing Teraflex and ends thread with " One I do trust and believe in is the guys over at JCR Off Road. 100% american made and run company by transparent guys that are friendly & funny as hell" . Strong :clap2:

Started thread for clearing up the fog around the company & their products, finished off with one I like and know have real good stuff...

As far as the hand clapping, I'm a little biased; was it irony or a compliment?

I'll go with irony for now 🙃

BenJKWrangler15

I'm going to get popcorn, fan boys will be here soon

Hell, we'll welcome them - as far as I'm concerned, it's all about bringing in opinions and personnal experience 🙃 But so far it doesn't look so good for Teraflex, safety product wise... Although who isn't a fan of Dennis mustache? [emoji67]🏽

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Started thread for clearing up the fog around the company & their products, finished off with one I like and know have real good stuff...

As far as the hand clapping, I'm a little biased; was it irony or a compliment?

I'll go with irony for now 🙃

If you have been on here any amount of time at all you know there is no fog around what most here feel about Teraflex Products and their customer service.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I broke a few Teraflex monster front track bars tat turned out to be not so monster at all. They replaced no questions asked, and said the revised the design after the first one. I broke the new and not so improved version again a few months later. I also broke the rear upper control arm frame side long arm mount that was part of the Teraflex LCG 3" long arm suspension kit. It cracked and split right in the middle of the bracket. Also had multiple cracks in the front control arm brackets. They replace the arts no questions asked, but that because the shit is cheap for them to send out for free. It's cheap low quality porous steel. Doesn't do alot of good when your miles from the nearest paved road with no cell phone reception. Eddie says it a lot, and people bash him for it on other sites using terms like fan boy, but, "the best warranty is the kind you never have to use". But it's true. Use the right parts from a quality manufacturer the first time and you won't need to worry about what their warranty is like.

The real fan boys are the ones who stand behind an inferior product and rave about stupid youtube videos Teraflex puts out defending their inferior products.

JKbrick

I would run teraflex before JKS/zone/BDS :)

And I wouldn't run teraflex of it were free and I was paid to run it.

It's too bad JKS sold out, I have a lot of their old stuff, like 4 years old, and it all works great but I wouldn't buy it new now either.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I have their disconnects on my TJ and they are the easiest to use that I've seen. I dont know if the JK version is different, if someone that has them could post a picture I'd like to see them.

White_JKU

Ive got a friend who had a teraflex lift given to him ny teraflex in exchange for participating in jeep beach daytona and a couple other shows per year. He liked it, however he NEVER wheeled it because of his work schedule.

JeepJeep75

Terrorflex does have some pretty clever how-to videos, and they spend a lot of time and effort making those videos. And Brook, OMG, ultra-milf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, all of their metal parts are Chinese made shitty-pot metal parts. I've seen enough evidence of that on this forum as well as general google searches. Don't be fooled by clever marketing.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Terrorflex does have some pretty clever how-to videos, and they spend a lot of time and effort making those videos. And Brook, OMG, ultra-milf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, all of their metal parts are Chinese made shitty-pot metal parts. I've seen enough evidence of that on this forum as well as general google searches. Don't be fooled by clever marketing.

I really liked Jen better than Brook.

USMC Wrangler

I have the same quick disconnects and they are junk. They are a bitch to get on and off. I have to hit them with a shot or two of WD-40 and a rubber mallet to get them off and on. I can't wait to get better ones

I went back to factory links as an immediate fix then got the JKS adjustable links. Much easier to use and have zero issues.

Edit: someone was asking for a pic of the JK version of the JKS quick discos...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466956146.396169.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Green

Jen was awkward & that made her charm.

Brook is just a bombshell [emoji378][emoji378][emoji378]

"Cleavage" marketing [emoji102]

I wouldn't kick either one of them out of bed though ..... unless they wanted to fuck on the floor.

I was looking at the TF 4" lift but after reading more, I think I'll look in other places.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
So, where does AEV fit in the spectrum of Terrible to Great? I've been in two of their vehicles, driven one with a 4" lift that was 4 years old, that I found surprisingly well behaved on pavement. Being in Michigan, with their shop just a few miles away, it certainly has a local appeal. Similar to others the TF marketing and vids left me influenced in their direction until coming here. I've been very impressed in with EVO purchases thus far. Sometime this next year, it'll likely be either AEV or EVO...haven't decided.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
So, where does AEV fit in the spectrum of Terrible to Great? I've been in two of their vehicles, driven one with a 4" lift that was 4 years old, that I found surprisingly well behaved on pavement. Being in Michigan, with their shop just a few miles away, it certainly has a local appeal. Similar to others the TF marketing and vids left me influenced in their direction until coming here. I've been very impressed in with EVO purchases thus far. Sometime this next year, it'll likely be either AEV or EVO...haven't decided.

Probably the biggest downside with AEV is their use of drop brackets for the front lower control arms. If you like the way the AEV Spring/shock felt then use the kit but buy some front lower control arms rather than use the drop brackets.

Da20captain

Teraflex lifts for the last 16 years. Ran a Tera LA on 99TJ without issue and so I just went to another Tera LA setup when I got a JK. No issues thus far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom