KM3's on order?

MKBCE

I have 5 waiting for wheels but the spec on them mounted to a 10" rim was 34.5" so that sounds about normal for a BFG but can't wait to see some real life numbers.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

r47

I'll get a pic/measurement tomorrow but they are within 1mph with 34.25 plugged into my flashcal, seemed farther off at 34.5 but I'm fine with 1mph at 45ish. Think I got them at 305 per through 4WP, no tax & free shipping. BFG has a MIR now.

r47

They measured right about 34" mounted @40psi for me. That's also the best size for speedo accuracy on the flashcal so far.

Leaving in about 9 hours for Ouray/Moab!

r47

Going well so far.. Ran the KM3s at 75psi 1500 miles from Michigan to Ouray getting in this afternoon. Took them down to 22ish and ran Imogene before dinner and jammed out a term paper while the kids and wife hit the hot springs pool at the hotel. Later today we'll hit the alpine loop and whatever else we run across. Tuesday am we roll out for Moab.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Going well so far.. Ran the KM3s at 75psi 1500 miles from Michigan to Ouray getting in this afternoon. Took them down to 22ish and ran Imogene before dinner and jammed out a term paper while the kids and wife hit the hot springs pool at the hotel. Later today we'll hit the alpine loop and whatever else we run across. Tuesday am we roll out for Moab.

75 psi ?? Must have felt like driving on wagon wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Hypermiling yo. :lol

jdofmemi

When I read that 75 psi, my back had a spasm of pain just thinking of it.

And I can't stand the ride at anything over 30.

My tires chalk test good at 24 front and 22 rear.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Gtfo! No way someone is stupid enough to do that.

WJCO

Meme King

lf.jpg ....

jesse3638

Hooked
Gtfo! No way someone is stupid enough to do that.

Probably only rated to 50-55 max psi.

We had a 2012 Ram 3/4 ton with stock pressure of 85 and a light load of 45. Felt like driving on the rims. After we put 35x12.50 ko2's on it everyone insisted on putting 85 in the to get the TPMS off. I could tell withing a 1/2 mile they had too much air. I had to lower them countless times to 35-40. That truck went through several sets of tires because the center tread was down to 4/32 and the shoulders had a good 16/32's.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

r47

75psi max cold, they're range E tires guys... If I'm doing 4,000 miles in under 2 weeks and not getting paid to do so I'm ok with seeing if I can squeek a few mpg out. By all means you do you. At 22 or even 35 they're definitely softer riding but that's not a shocker either.

TheGrendel

75psi max cold, they're range E tires guys... If I'm doing 4,000 miles in under 2 weeks and not getting paid to do so I'm ok with seeing if I can squeek a few mpg out. By all means you do you. At 22 or even 35 they're definitely softer riding but that's not a shocker either.

you really are trying to hypermile with a Jeep. :cheesy:

r47

We budgeted $1,000 for fuel, tires were $1, 500. It adds up. Maybe not if you're an old grumpy guy with a bad back waiting for your lumbar fusion surgery waiting for somebody to post highway tire pressures but if there's a chance to crunch some numbers and not worry about overheating the carcass from being too low, what's to lose? Warm up the pitchforks and torches because I've been running all over Grand County at 18 since we got in.

Today I noticed one chunked lug after Top of the World, and a cut lug on the other rear. We were also made honorary trail team mates by a Mexican group on their 15th (+/-) annual Moab run, because they use BFG back home but haven't seen the km3 yet. We fell in and ran Hell's Revenge and Gate with them and it was great.

My boys just finished their ice cream on the Moab strip and we're doing the Fiery Furnace tour tomorrow. Hope your week has been as fun, don't worry about my hypermiling, sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities...

Top Bottom