DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

daveroberts

GCM 2 said:
That is the only problem with having the most badass Gecko Green rig on the planet Dave, everyone wants your jeep to be theirs. That's why I picked generic "black" for the EVOJEEP, to many other clones for me to worry about

Greg, i guess I'll take that as a compliment haha! I would gladly have your generic black EVOJEEP.

GCM 2

Greg, i guess I'll take that as a compliment haha! I would gladly have your generic black EVOJEEP.

The Dynomax exhaust on your new jeep does make it sound very Hemi-like, I'm sure MTG will really like his once it's on Knuckles.

Well, I think you already had a generic black jeep! The pictures you showed me of the old JK are reminiscent of mine.

MTG

Caught the Bug
ProfessionalDriver said:
My MPG increased slightly... +1.5 mpg highway and +0.5 mpg city

Yeah. I haven't checked it by hand yet but with mixed driving my computer is about 1 MPG higher.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Has anyone installed this on a 2012 Manual Rubicon 6-speed? Would there be any real differences in sound aside from the shifting? :thinking:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Doknocker said:
Has anyone installed this on a 2012 Manual Rubicon 6-speed? Would there be any real differences in sound aside from the shifting? :thinking:

The exhaust sound is very much different (read: louder and deeper). I don't see how having a manual would avoid that.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The exhaust sound is very much different (read: louder and deeper). I don't see how having a manual would avoid that.

I just don't want it to sound like the exhaust on one of those raced out little Honda or other small 4 banger 2WD :grayno:

Probably a non-issue... I'm a noob when it comes to exhaust.. :blush:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just don't want it to sound like the exhaust on one of those raced out little Honda or other small 4 banger 2WD :grayno:

Probably a non-issue... I'm a noob when it comes to exhaust.. :blush:

I'm no expert on exhaust either, but I'll give you my opinion.

The exhaust is loud! :eek: Make no mistake about it.

The exhaust has a much deeper sound than stock. You will not be mistaken for a honda (raced or riced out). :)

I was not a fan of the stock exhaust, especially when it was cold. To me it sounded like a honda. This exhaust, like the stock exhaust, sounds much better after it is warmed up IMHO. Overall it is a huge improvement! But there are some very nice "sweet spots" in various RPM ranges where the thing sounds like pure heaven. :)

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The exhaust is loud! :eek: Make no mistake about it.

So do you need ear plugs running around town with the doors and top off?

What about the exhaust pouring out right under the back doors? No problems with it smogging you out? Wouldn't want the Kids to go deaf and pass out from exhaust fumes! :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Doknocker said:
So do you need ear plugs running around town with the doors and top off?

What about the exhaust pouring out right under the back doors? No problems with it smogging you out? Wouldn't want the Kids to go deaf and pass out from exhaust fumes! :cheesy:

LOL!

Not that loud. I thought about that with kids too. Don't think it will be an issue unless you are parked with it running for a while. Shouldn't be a problem when you are moving.

Lane87

I just ordered mine yesterday! I got it for $183 on Amazon with free shipping.. can't beat that! So is the the install pretty much the same for the 3.8? I haven't heard any sound clips from the 3.8 yet but I love the sound from the 3.6. I can't wait to get this bad boy on!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered mine yesterday! I got it for $183 on Amazon with free shipping.. can't beat that! So is the the install pretty much the same for the 3.8? I haven't heard any sound clips from the 3.8 yet but I love the sound from the 3.6. I can't wait to get this bad boy on!

sounds even better with the 3.8L, at least to me. much deeper and throaty. install is similar - very easy.

StrizzyChris

Is this part number 39522? I went to dynomax website and they have this as a 2012 exhaust but under 2013 it isnt listed under the compatible list. Anyone able to confirm or deny FOR SURE that thiswill work on 2013?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Is this part number 39522? I went to dynomax website and they have this as a 2012 exhaust but under 2013 it isnt listed under the compatible list. Anyone able to confirm or deny FOR SURE that thiswill work on 2013?

Not sure on the part number off the top of my head. I cannot imagine there is a difference between the 12 and 13, but the only way to be sure is to give dynomax a call. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Let me say that this sounds awesome on both the 3.8L and the 3.6L! Heard both for about a half hour the other night at 70MPH on the highway and now I can't wait to order one.

Thanks Eddie. ;):cheesy:

GCM 2

Can you still safely ford water with this exhaust?

Sent from my Nexus 10

You sure can! The exhaust still sits at about the same height level as a stock system, it just dumps prior to the axle as opposed to below the rear bumper. This is one of the best cat-back system manufactured.

Top Bottom