Ordered long arms, but questions about what else I need

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Such an awesome day when the axle crates arrive [emoji16]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Truth be told they have been here for a while. I fought the urge to open them up so they'd be easier to move around for the guys in our shop. Brought them down from the upstairs parts storage so I could grab em and take them home this weekend. I have a pretty light week next week so I'm hoping to hammer it out. Need a little welding done.

It's gonna be awesome! :rock:
Right????? Why can't the sand hollow trip be next month!! :hmm: Leave it to me to get all excited about installing axles the day Jeep decides to offer a 392...

Very nice upgrades!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks!!

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Looks sweet!

Thanks!

Your jeep and your house are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Much appreciated!

Jeep looks real good! Really like that night shot with lights on and jeep out front.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks!

Lol, guard Jeep

How do you like the LA/CO setup?

Loving it! I wish I would have gone to Moab for the EMW trip with you guys. I went with Byron and others to Moab a few months before. By far the most fun I have had in a Jeep. I drove it there and back and the LA/ CO worked awesome. Only damage was a bent rear axle flange. Don't think I'll have that problem again. :rock:

cliffhanger1.jpg

Also tow a 3k lb pop up with it in the spring and summer. No issues at all!

Looking good!
Thanks neighbor! I have PSC stuff coming in a few days. I might pop out and take a look at yours to see what's what.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Lol, guard Jeep

How do you like the LA/CO setup?

Got thinking about this after I posted and know you have a really similar set up. For anyone considering the long arm and coilovers from evo, this is about the best reference I can give.

I drove it to Utah from Washington, wheeled it and snapped a pic after the last trail. Went beck to the condo, packed, put the spare back on, threw the doors on and drove pretty much straight through on the way back other than a few naps here and there. The difference from the first and second picture is a little over 20 hrs, over 1000 miles and about 8 red bulls.

moabscreenshot.jpg

snoscreenshot.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Got thinking about this after I posted and know you have a really similar set up. For anyone considering the long arm and coilovers from evo, this is about the best reference I can give.

I drove it to Utah from Washington, wheeled it and snapped a pic after the last trail. Went beck to the condo, packed, put the spare back on, threw the doors on and drove pretty much straight through on the way back other than a few naps here and there. The difference from the first and second picture is a little over 20 hrs, over 1000 miles and about 8 red bulls.

View attachment 356371

View attachment 356372

That's awesome. I kinda grudgingly bought a trailer to tow mine, but the main reason is to keep so many miles off of it. For me it's super comfortable to drive long distances. I've made 4 trips out West now and fatigue from driving is never an issue for me.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Had a whirlwind end to December and early January. Was able to get in on the NY run. Still hadn't installed the steering stuff. The week before we left Bhaner helped me get tabs welded in ( I think this pic was Sunday, we left on Thursday... I think.). He and a couple other friends did all of the hard work.
welding tabs.jpg
Sunday night was able to work on it late in the evening and get it buttoned up Monday morning. The tabs were welded "around" the track bar bolt. Everything clears!
old and new.jpg
box in.jpg
ram.jpg

Early Thursday morning, getting gas and meeting up with Byron. 12ish hours of driving and in Winnemucca got a great nights sleep
1st gas stop.jpg
winnemucca.jpg
Friday, got to Primm. Saturday morning was the Wayalife run. Seeing Moby in person for the first time and meeting Eddie and Cindy was like meeting celebrities.
celeb.jpg
mojavelakebed.jpg

Sunday was a funfilled day with lots of pics on this thread:https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/60937-Two-Leaf-Trail-Goodsprings-NV

Just thought I would update this. It's been a long (and continuing) journey from that AEV lift and full width bumpers :whew:
If this needs to be moved to the build thread I totally get it. I hadn't planned on it going this far. LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom