Best trailer for 2 and 4 Dr wranglers?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I really have only used it a few times but I have had no issues with it. 20' is way overkill for my 2dr but it was what I could get that was nice and used in my area. 18' would be nicer and I think a 16' would be ok for a 4dr but pretty full. Biggest thing I noticed when looking for a 16' was the axle rating. 18' had more selection for 7.5k axles.

I payed 3400 for mine that was 2 years old and used for like a 200 mile trip then sat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds like the one I found might be a decent deal. 16’ car haulers are somewhat of a rarity. I found a 16’ Diamond C used but they want almost as much as that new PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

Sounds like the one I found might be a decent deal. 16’ car haulers are somewhat of a rarity. I found a 16’ Diamond C used but they want almost as much as that new PJ.

My gooseneck is a diamond c and I’m happy with their quality of the trailer

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Hey Jeff, that’s a really nice trailer! I like the remote crank for the Jack. PJ makes a great trailer and especially like their recessed lights.

Thank you, i like it a lot. It’s a big up grade from my last trailer. I got the steal deck and was really surprised how much weight it added, but I’m not concerned about that, it feels like it’s glued to the road.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I was looking at a few buggy haulers and love the idea but they’re a decent bit heavier. Right now I’m only towing with an f150 ecoboost. So weight is my biggest concern. Most of the time when being towed the jeep will be running tube doors and no top. That puts my Jeep at about 5k loaded with gear and cooler, so if I get a trailer that’s 2,300 or less then I can stay 2,500# below my 9,800 rating.

I totally understand, I added a steal deck, which added a lot of weight because they said they had to put the trusses 16in on center. I haven’t weighed it but they said it weighed in at around 4K. My Jeep and gear is probably over 11k.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I think Bill got a steel deck but left a couple feet out of the middle for weight

Yeah man, that thing is a beast. I bet it pulls really stable.

I actually ordered my goose from Diamond C and Bill told me about his after so we called to see if they would leave the wood off the middle and they would not for some reason. Thought it would be a nice way to underbody wash the Jeep

It pulls great, I wish I could use the damn thing.

I had bought and 32’ full deck over like Bricks, I actually never picked it up from the dealer and switched to the Kaufman. He had another buyer so it was easy to turn it right around. The Kaufman with the metal deck and open center cut the weight from 6900 to 4500 lbs. I kept watching the guys that move cars for a living and all their trailers were like that and it had got me thinking. 2400 lbs would’ve burned even more diesel heading west.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeffj

Caught the Bug
It pulls great, I wish I could use the damn thing.

I had bought and 32’ full deck over like Bricks, I actually never picked it up from the dealer and switched to the Kaufman. He had another buyer so it was easy to turn it right around. The Kaufman with the metal deck and open center cut the weight from 6900 to 4500 lbs. I kept watching the guys that move cars for a living and all their trailers were like that and it had got me thinking. 2400 lbs would’ve burned even more diesel heading west.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah thats a lot weight. How wide are the runs? Do you have to drive over the fenders to get your Jeep on?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yeah thats a lot weight. How wide are the runs? Do you have to drive over the fenders to get your Jeep on?

The runs are 24” wide.

IMG_1882.jpg

Being that it was built to my spec, I had them max out the width to 86” clear between the wells. I can just squeeze it thru with the new setup.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

nbunga

Caught the Bug
We need a big ass barn somewhere to stash our trailers inside for the 48 weeks a year we don’t need them

[emoji848]I’ve got room for one behind my barn. You build it you can put whatever you want in it as long as my trailers and mowers can fit also. [emoji6]

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Made the move and picked up this 16’ Diamond C today. 2’ dovetail, all LED lighting, drop leg jack. A 5 year goal realized!! IMG_3656.jpg IMG_3658.jpg

Top Bottom