What problems does your Jeep have this week?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Not how I wanted to start the family beach vacation. Rock kicked up by car in front of us and there was no avoiding it. Sounded like a gun shot and almost went all the way through. Shot glass all over the dash and the wife and I. View attachment 348969 View attachment 348970

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn that was a big rock and a hard hit... I’d like to think that a light tint on the windshield would help prevent some glass from coming inside in a situation like that but who knows. Glad you’re all okay.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sure I'll join in on this fun. I've been working on my jeep on and off since I went to Drummond island. Changed rear end and replaced transmission mount. Something still vibrates.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sye? I forget how much lift you’re running. Easy to tell if it’s driveshaft angle grab a few longer 1/2-13 bolts and some good size sockets and put the sockets between the frame and skid plate. Goes away instantly you know that’s the cause. I had a vibration I couldn’t find for the life of me came out of nowhere after a trip. Turned out I had bent ever so slightly the skid upwards on the last TJ, not really enough to notice but enough to start shaking.

Elroy231

Sye? I forget how much lift you’re running. Easy to tell if it’s driveshaft angle grab a few longer 1/2-13 bolts and some good size sockets and put the sockets between the frame and skid plate. Goes away instantly you know that’s the cause. I had a vibration I couldn’t find for the life of me came out of nowhere after a trip. Turned out I had bent ever so slightly the skid upwards on the last TJ, not really enough to notice but enough to start shaking.

I'll check that out. Its vibration mybstwering wheel con notice also. Starts at about 30 mph after about 40 it's still noticeable but smooths out in the steering wheel. At 35 if you let off the has the vibration gets way more noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just found a new problem... I parked by a stock gladiator and now I need to make it taller....
unfair advantage on new jeeps
IMG_7465.jpg
IMG_7466.jpg

BaddestCross

Looked at the front of Fiona today and noticed her wheels looked a bit more splayed out than usual... I thought the preload on the ball joints might've needed adjustment but before I jacked her up, I grabbed the wheel and shook it side to side and heard a clunk that hadn't been there before.

Sure enough... When I jacked up the passenger side, I didn't see any play in the ball joints, but there was obvious movement when I hip-bumped the top of the tire. Jacked up the driver's side and felt the same.

Guess I know what I'll be doing in the next couple days. [emoji849]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

fiend

Caught the Bug
Well at least unit bearings are fairly cheap and easy to replace.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I’ve been overheating in a consistent basis. Woke up in the middle of the night with an idea. Took a hose to the radiator and this came out. IMG_2240.jpg

Top Bottom