What problems does your Jeep have this week?

RedPool

A few hundred miles ago (about 950 total miles on the new Jeep) I developed a tap in the engine. Took it to the dealer and of course, no codes and they could not hear it. Right about the time that clears up, the windshield takes a rock. I had it replaced yesterday. Today, my engine light comes on. Dealer is saying air/fuel mixture and the tap is back. Now I am sitting in a 2019 Chrysler 300 and wondering how long this will take. Nothing like having a new JLUR take a shit on you. At least it is under warranty.

JKbrick

This gas tank thing is really pissing me off, I ordered the part on Moparonline.com or something and a day later it kicks it back that I can’t buy that part because it’s only available from the dealer as a recall item. What in the actual fuck is going on really?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
This gas tank thing is really pissing me off, I ordered the part on Moparonline.com or something and a day later it kicks it back that I can’t buy that part because it’s only available from the dealer as a recall item. What in the actual fuck is going on really?

Just go to the dealer at night and borrow on off a Jeep on the lot.

boardsurfer

My battery finally gave up. Probably a multitude of reasons - for starters it's a 5 year old stock battery - I've driven the Jeep like twice in the last month, and the cold weather probably didn't help.

It's somewhat good timing though because I was already anxious about running a fridge next summer on a 6 year old battery. So a new AGM now will ease that a bit.

Is the Odyssey Extreme 34R pc1500 still the go-to?

jdofmemi

My traction control and ABS lights decided to go haywire, right before my trip.

Scanner said left rear speed sensor invalid reading, so I headed to Auto Zone. Before going in I looked under for a loose wire, but they were all in order.

While looking, I noticed brake smell, hot rotors, and worn rear pads. I suspect that a few days of driving with the Christmas tree lit up on the dash didn't help any, since they had plenty left a couple of weeks ago when I rotated the tires.

New pads and new speed sensor, and it is good to go.

JKbrick

My battery finally gave up. Probably a multitude of reasons - for starters it's a 5 year old stock battery - I've driven the Jeep like twice in the last month, and the cold weather probably didn't help.

It's somewhat good timing though because I was already anxious about running a fridge next summer on a 6 year old battery. So a new AGM now will ease that a bit.

That’s what I’ve got and am really happy with it. I like how the Jeep hooks to the top posts and I could hook the winch to the side posts for extra room and cleaner install

wjtstudios

Hooked

I run one as well. Solid batteries and it keeps up with my ARB frig even when the Jeeps sits for days.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

boardsurfer

wjtstudios

Hooked
Bill do you have one of the Oddesy trickle chargers now that it’s not your daily anymore?

I started looking at them this week. I haven’t found an odyssey trickle charger/maintainer, so I’m still using my Batteryminder. Odyssey’s seem to be more of a charger verses maintainer.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

I started looking at them this week. I haven’t found an odyssey trickle charger/maintainer, so I’m still using my Batteryminder. Odyssey’s seem to be more of a charger verses maintainer.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I remember someone posting one that was expensive but I don’t recall what it actually did

Yeah, I remember that too. The ones are their website are chargers, but they may go into a maintaining cycle after that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Most likely has the ‘pulse’ feature that desulfates, improves the usable life of the batt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom