Time for my Gladiator to Evolve: My '20 Billet Silver JT Rubicon Build

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Was finally able to get the Synergy sector shaft brace installed. Install was a breeze with the Wayalife install video. I didn’t bother to remove the tire or disconnect the passenger side sway bar link, which made it even easier. I cut the wheel hard driver and used the electronic sway bar disconnect to swing the driver side of the sway bar out of the way. No fitment issues with the Evo Mfg track bar. The steering doesn’t wander on the highway anymore. Was well worth the $200.

IMG_4398.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Was finally able to get the Synergy sector shaft brace installed. Install was a breeze with the Wayalife install video. I didn’t bother to remove the tire or disconnect the passenger side sway bar link, which made it even easier. I cut the wheel hard driver and used the electronic sway bar disconnect to swing the driver side of the sway bar out of the way. No fitment issues with the Evo Mfg track bar. The steering doesn’t wander on the highway anymore. Was well worth the $200.

View attachment 343644

View attachment 343643

Nice. Good to hear the wander is gone. My brace is still chillin in the garage. Think I’m gonna wait until I’m tearing it down for the lift to install it.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Drove the JT some more today. Man does this sector shaft brace make the steering feel 100% better! It’s much tighter, even at slower speeds. I highly recommend this bracket to anyone with a JL/JT. The difference is substantial.

Napalm

Drove the JT some more today. Man does this sector shaft brace make the steering feel 100% better! It’s much tighter, even at slower speeds. I highly recommend this bracket to anyone with a JL/JT. The difference is substantial.

Ah, I saw your post on insta about it. I’ve got to get me one of these.

Install easy enough to do at home?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Ah, I saw your post on insta about it. I’ve got to get me one of these.

Install easy enough to do at home?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Super easy. Like I said in my earlier post, I didn’t pull the tire. I just cut the wheel hard driver. That was plenty of room to get in there and work. It took me just over an hour or so with my 14v snap-on impact and ratchet. Another tip: I had to snug up the four steering box bolts to get the aluminum sector shaft brace pice that goes on top of the nut installed. The 9/16” and Allen head bolts and the track bar bolt would not go in without doing that.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
This thread has been slow lately. I live in PA where there essentially are no public lands by definition, meaning even though the state calls them “public lands” you are severely restricted on what you can do on these “public lands”, ORV use is one of those restrictions. We are forced to go to offroad parks. With the COVID BS they have all been shit down since February.

With that being said I haven’t been able to get any real use out of my JT. I’ve put 180 miles on it since February. Longest tank of gas in history. [emoji38] I’ve also been off work due to a work related injury since Feb 15th so the financially responsible side of me has been keeping me from spending any cash on the Jeep. I did get my second windshield replaced today though, in just over 4K miles.

IMG_4623.jpg

Whitarmy

I was just on Instagram looking at a gladiator thinking man this looks awesome. Then I got on here and realized it was you. Lol. Gave you a follow. My gladiator is still basically stock.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Sucks about the injury, hope you heal up

That hood sticker is pretty sweet!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks. I’ll be released for full duty the end of the month. Bruised hip socket. It sucked.

The sticker actually came on my Jeep from the factory with this sticker. Haven’t seen any others with it so it must be a rare thing.

I was just on Instagram looking at a gladiator thinking man this looks awesome. Then I got on here and realized it was you. Lol. Gave you a follow. My gladiator is still basically stock.

Haha thanks. I don’t have much done to mine. Basically just an Evo Mfg suspension kit, the KMC wheels, and the Nitto tires. I won’t do more until I get a set of the Dana/Spicer UD60 axles under it. I want to go 40s.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks. I’ll be released for full duty the end of the month. Bruised hip socket. It sucked.

The sticker actually came on my Jeep from the factory with this sticker. Haven’t seen any others with it so it must be a rare thing.

Haha thanks. I don’t have much done to mine. Basically just an Evo Mfg suspension kit, the KMC wheels, and the Nitto tires. I won’t do more until I get a set of the Dana/Spicer UD60 axles under it. I want to go 40s.

That didn’t take to long to start looking at 40s [emoji106].

Glad you hips alright. I’ve never seen that graphic either.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

highoctane

Caught the Bug
That didn’t take to long to start looking at 40s [emoji106].

Glad you hips alright. I’ve never seen that graphic either.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah after a few trips I noticed 40s would really help with break over and departure angles. It runs frequently on the break over, just enough that 40s would make a noticeable difference. Plus it would look way better too.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yeah after a few trips I noticed 40s would really help with break over and departure angles. It runs frequently on the break over, just enough that 40s would make a noticeable difference. Plus it would look way better too.

Yes it would.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Ordered the Rockhard 4x4 JL/JT winch plate for the oem steel bumper. I didn’t have to cut or grind anything but if you install one you’ll likely need to use your own hardware for the fair lead plate. The fair lead bolts were way too short. Mine also didn’t come with any washers. Plan to use some. I have a bunch of miscellaneous hardware at home and used the bolts from an Evo Mfg d-ring mount kit for a JK 1/4 pounder bumper. Worked great!

IMG_4726.jpg

IMG_4729.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

Overall I’m happy with it. Mounts the winch low and was easy to install. Very heavy duty, 1/4” steel. If you use a larger winch like a Zeon I’d plan to use some extra bumper spacers to give you more room from the back of the winch to the grill.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Haven’t posted in this thread in awhile. Quick update: had my axles regeared with Revolution 4.88s, and had the Evo Mfg front axle truss welded on while the axle was apart. Huge improvement! I can use 7th and 8th gears again!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Haven’t posted in this thread in awhile. Quick update: had my axles regeared with Revolution 4.88s, and had the Evo Mfg front axle truss welded on while the axle was apart. Huge improvement! I can use 7th and 8th gears again!

Had to make a huge difference, congrats!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Pics of the front axle truss!

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

Nice! I think the Jeep is great with the 8 speed and 4.10s and 37s so 4.88s must be even better!

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought it was decent around town. Once you have to drive over 45-50mph though it got to the point I couldn’t stand it. Always revving to 5k - 6k rpm, hunting for gears. It was loud and annoying.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Pics of the front axle truss!

View attachment 353566

View attachment 353567

I thought it was decent around town. Once you have to drive over 45-50mph though it got to the point I couldn’t stand it. Always revving to 5k rpm, hunting for gears. It was loud and annoying.

Truss looks good. Mine doesn't hunt to much, I wonder if the JL and gladiator are set up different though, with shift points, or maybe a significant enough difference in weight. Either way, I plan to re gear one way or another down the road too. Glad your loving it.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom