Bucket List Trails in Cali

TrailHunter

Hooked
One of my favorite trail days was a loop I did starting at Bodie... then leaving the backway out of Bodie, ending up more north on the 395... then cutting back in on the opposite side of Bodie and finishing off at Virginia Lakes... Nothing hard.. but it was a beautiful day.. stopping for lunch and just to take in the views along the way... PM me if you want more details.

IMG_2094.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2092.JPG

Clutch

Caught the Bug
One of my favorite trail days was a loop I did starting at Bodie... then leaving the backway out of Bodie, ending up more north on the 395... then cutting back in on the opposite side of Bodie and finishing off at Virginia Lakes... Nothing hard.. but it was a beautiful day.. stopping for lunch and just to take in the views along the way... PM me if you want more details.

View attachment 338450

View attachment 338451

View attachment 338452

That’s great, thanks! You went to Bass Lake a few months ago, is that in the same vicinity?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
That’s great, thanks! You went to Bass Lake a few months ago, is that in the same vicinity?

Bass Lake is at the base of Yosemite... Western Sierras... vs Eastern Sierras where Bodie & the 395 are. Let me know if you want to know where that trail is too.... that was a beautiful area.

Last edited:

MericaMade

View attachment 338450

View attachment 338451

View attachment 338452
That's the Ghost Town north of June Lake right? That's a beautiful area. That was the first trail I ever did when I was riding shotgun in my buddies Jeep and what sold me to buy a Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Bass Lake is at the base of Yosemite... Western Sierras... vs Eastern Sierras where Bodie & the 395 are. Let me know if you want to know where that trail is too.... that was a beautiful area.

Awesome! I feel like I have some great options. I love that area, took a trip out here a few years ago (not in the Jeep) went from LA to Mammoth to Yosemite then down the coast. Can’t wait to go back with the Jeep.

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Well if you plan accordingly there is a fun organized poker run on the Niagara Rim Trail the second Saturday of July. Gorgeous scenery if you drive up Hwy 108 from the east side (Hwy 395). The club hosts a meet and greet a Friday night with tons of free food & beverages for all ages. Great trail day Saturday with a fantastic dinner and raffle following. The Niagara Rim trail is north of Yosemite West of Dardanelle and east of Pinecrest.

Great time to wheel a new trail with lots of folks to help you out if you need help. Check out 4x4inmotion’s website for info.

Ruvicon

If you’re doing the Rubicon, then I’d recommend Fordyce as it’s not too far away, but you’ll have to monitor water levels closely. As mentioned earlier, Niagara Rim is further South as is Slickrock. Those last two aren’t far from me, so let me know your plans and I’d try and join you.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
If you’re doing the Rubicon, then I’d recommend Fordyce as it’s not too far away, but you’ll have to monitor water levels closely. As mentioned earlier, Niagara Rim is further South as is Slickrock. Those last two aren’t far from me, so let me know your plans and I’d try and join you.

Thanks! No definite plans are in the works now, but I will certainly let you know. Thanks!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would not recommend fordyce on a two door with 35’s. Especially if you have never wheeled out here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ruvicon

I would not recommend fordyce on a two door with 35’s. Especially if you have never wheeled out here.

Unless he goes during Sierra Trek (August 6-9, 2020) as they work with PG&E to restrict water flow. He’d be ok with 35s then. I did it last year on 35s, but a four door.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
LOL - if you only have 7 days to play and Rubicon is a must, please don’t waste your time with Big Bear. No offense intended to fans of Big Bear but really, it can’t hold a candle to anything up in the Sierra’s.

As a Big Bear “local” Eddie is absolutely right. It’s a great place to wheel but nothing compared to the Rubicon.

7 days is a long time to do just the Rubicon however I’m certain there are quite a few trails up in that area that are with it. You could always hit Big Bear in a day or two then do The Rubicon. That’s a whole lotta wheeling!

dillard09

Up close by the Rubicon is also Barrett Lake Jeep trail. Its an in and out trail but has a nice lake at the end. I wanna say it like 4 hrs each way. It has a gatekeeper that is 86" wide but I was able to squeeze through at 89"

Attachments

• 20180910_122525.jpg
    20180910_122525.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20180910_122213.jpg
    20180910_122213.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 60

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Up close by the Rubicon is also Barrett Lake Jeep trail. Its an in and out trail but has a nice lake at the end. I wanna say it like 4 hrs each way. It has a gatekeeper that is 86" wide but I was able to squeeze through at 89"

Man I would love to make it up there to the rubicon or any other trail in that area. I noticed you have a different bumper. Why did you get rid of the other one?

dillard09

Man I would love to make it up there to the rubicon or any other trail in that area. I noticed you have a different bumper. Why did you get rid of the other one?

I swapped the 1/4er #er when I went to the LS. Wanted as much airflow to the radiator as I could get. Dropped the bumper and my Warn Powerplant for the Evo pro no hoop and Warn Zeon.

Top Bottom