any NHL fans out there?

rtguy1

yea, i gotta say the officiating this year has been pretty bad overall. very inconsistent. makes for some frustrating games

Yep. Whether or not Vancouver would have won or lost that game, it just sucks to see a series end seconds into a power play from such a terrible call. That was a crazy call for an elimination game in overtime. It's a tough sport to call overall though. So much going on and really fast paced. Easy to bitch about it after the fact:cheesy:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
yea, i gotta say the officiating this year has been pretty bad overall. very inconsistent. makes for some frustrating games

yea very inconsistant. one thing is called one night the next its not.:thinking: i have played for 15 years and some calls still puzzle me. mainly the clean hits that get called and the dirty ones that dont

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's a tough sport to call overall though. So much going on and really fast paced.

this is why i love playing. on the ice for 30-45 seconds hard then right back out a min thirty later doing it all over again. you have 30 different things going on in your head at once (good for us ADD kids out there) plus its so physical

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Yes, I am a hardcore NHL fan. There is no other team sport that can compare.

Red Wings fan here. I was lucky enough to go to Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final in 2008 while visiting my relatives. Been a fan since the 80's when my dad used to take me to Kings vs. Wings at the old Forum in Inglewood, CA.

I grow my playoff beard every year, this year I started early as a "Playoff push" beard and I'm looking quite scraggly.

I'm happy we got into the playoffs this year(for the 22nd consecutive year) with leading the league in man games lost to injuries and playing with half a AHL team most of the year.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes, I am a hardcore NHL fan. There is no other team sport that can compare.

Red Wings fan here. I was lucky enough to go to Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final in 2008 while visiting my relatives. Been a fan since the 80's when my dad used to take me to Kings vs. Wings at the old Forum in Inglewood, CA.

I grow my playoff beard every year, this year I started early as a "Playoff push" beard and I'm looking quite scraggly.

I'm happy we got into the playoffs this year(for the 22nd consecutive year) with leading the league in man games lost to injuries and playing with half a AHL team most of the year.

yea that was quite impressive on there part. A lot of your AHL guys really stepped up to the plate to help with the playoff push to keep the streak alive. now if only the Flyers could have done that for me lol

Dman

BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 wins to go

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app!

Bacon

I'm a Habs fan, but they sure aren't gonna win the cup. Sharks or Chicago are gonna win. It doesn't matter who comes out of East, but my pick is Boston.

JKbrick

Well being a firefighter I naturally follow the Flames. In Fort Wayne we have a team the Komets, they just finished their 60th year here. This past season was their first in the ECHL. I love having a local team, we meet the players, talk to the owners, it's nice family fun

Briguy114

I can say that I am a New York Islanders fan with a little less embarrassment this season. Series tied at 2 with the Pens right now. And those 2 wins came with Sidney Crosby back in the lineup! Tavares all the way!!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
and the kings win! overtime game to take the lead in the series.

If the Kings pull it out and the Ducks pull it out, I hope Perry and Brown take each other out. Actually, I'll be OK if it's just Perry that gets taken out too.

Indefatigable

The officiating has been terribly consistent for years. The refs are deciding games as instructed by the owners group to maximize profits sharing. North of the 49th, we know the fix is in. Has been since 1993. Kind of hilarious to watch some series over the years. Almost as bad as watching "wrasling"

Sharks will likely carry the west. Seems the last few years the road to the cup goes though Vancouver. The east is quite the toss up.

I have no TV, so I do not watch anyways :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The officiating has been terribly consistent for years. The refs are deciding games as instructed by the owners group to maximize profits sharing. North of the 49th, we know the fix is in. Has been since 1993. Kind of hilarious to watch some series over the years. Almost as bad as watching "wrasling"

Sharks will likely carry the west. Seems the last few years the road to the cup goes though Vancouver. The east is quite the toss up.

I have no TV, so I do not watch anyways :)

I will agree with you to a degree. I think Bettmans reign needs to end BUT I don't think the owners have anything to do with bad officiating. I think they have just gotten lazy/worse over the years and this year in a shortened season they have been at there worse.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368147655.268135.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom