Starting from scratch (2015 JKU build)

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Update: Started on the lift this Saturday with some friends to help.
Last image of the soccer mom jeep.

IMG_1985.jpg

Couple of shots of the front end being worked on.
e13e9630-a71d-438c-9d99-b8dd9f999525.jpg 8f0493da-ae06-44e5-b226-0b4d0a05aa58.jpg

While my friends were stripping it down, I went and got the tires mounted.
ACBF3064-9FFF-4B74-8F6D-E923C3C86EBA.jpg

Here’s a shot of the rear almost done.
a4a7daf9-182c-49ee-a983-255f9a815e1d.jpg

Lift is now on and tires are mounted up. It’s ready for a test ride.
DC84CB2E-1882-4943-AD89-39A901816AC9.jpg

After a couple of test runs I think we have everything dialed in. I still need to trim the rock rails and maybe pinch seams. I also haven’t installed the exhaust spacers yet, so no wheeling until that’s done. I also have to do c gussets, and of course gears.
It was a long but fun weekend build and well worth it. Here’s some pics of it completed.
IMG_1989.jpg IMG_1991.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Lookin good!

I got my lift on awhile back and am looking to regear mine now too. What's your thought on those 37"s on the stock wheels? I'm assuming you're running spacers...

I'm debating going back to stock wheels to cut back on unsprung weight over my steelies, as I'm on my D30 up front still and will be for the next year or so.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Lookin good!

I got my lift on awhile back and am looking to regear mine now too. What's your thought on those 37"s on the stock wheels? I'm assuming you're running spacers...

I'm debating going back to stock wheels to cut back on unsprung weight over my steelies, as I'm on my D30 up front still and will be for the next year or so.

I’m running 1 1/2” spacers and 12.50” wide Cooper STT Pros. They fit fine on stock Rubi wheels. Actually, I like the look and it saves me $$$.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Small update, I finally pulled the trigger on a tie rod and drag link. I went with Rock Krawler on both mainly because that’s what I’m running with lift and I like the quality. The drag link I bought off of a guy who had it new in a box, dirt cheap. The tie rod is new from amazon. Also bought the RK track bar bracket so I can do a flip. I’ll probably wait until after the holidays to do the install.

Tie rod
IMG_2126.jpg

Drag link
IMG_2077.jpg

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
How much bumpstops did you have to put in with the 37's to avoid rubbing at full stuff?

Rig looks awesome BTW!

As of now I’m running the 3” bumpstops that came with the kit. Full stuff in the rear there is some minor rubbing on the inner fender. I have yet to rub in the front, but I’m not sure I’ve been at full stuff up front. Once I flip the drag link I’m positive I’ll be adding bumpstop up front for sure.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I finally made the move and cut my fenders. I didn’t think it would be something I would do but with the 37’s I thought it was a must. Anyway, I think it turned out nice.
Also, added some oem hard rock rock rails. I got them for free from a friend.

IMG_2164.jpg IMG_2166.jpg

Top Bottom