ATTENTION: Know Your Jeep JK Wrangler Coolants and Save Your Engine!

mrmet1983

That's nuts I always knew never to mix diff coolants but wow

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Jeep_Dawg08

Well now... if it wasnt 1:30am and 20° out my ass woild be checking mine. Ive had it for too long not with no cooling issues. But I can't for the life of me recall what I have in there. Getting kinda nervous right about now... :banghead:

●|||||●

bl17z90

I wonder if doing a complete flush and filling it with the correct stuff would help my overheating issue I have sometimes on really hot summer days.

I added 50/50 awile back and am not sure what kind it was that I put in...It wasn't MOPAR thats for sure.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not sure how I missed this before. Great write up!

One word of caution...

Don't only rely on the color of the cap. Obviously mopar didn't always put the blue caps on the HOAT.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392606929.241494.jpg

Last edited:

captk9

Thumbs up to you. Thank you for your time and great info. I would of never know if i did not read this.

luggw1

Good to know

Thanks for the info!

This is good to know since my 2010 JKU just went to Wrangler heaven due to someone driving out in front of me when I'm running at 60 mph. I'm now waiting for our 2014 JKU Rubi X to come in.

On another note, I"ve also got a 76 CJ-5 that I've always used the green stuff in. Would it be advisable to flush it out the next time I work on the cooling system and move to one of these newer formulas?

Thanks again
Bill Lugg

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the info!

This is good to know since my 2010 JKU just went to Wrangler heaven due to someone driving out in front of me when I'm running at 60 mph. I'm now waiting for our 2014 JKU Rubi X to come in.

On another note, I"ve also got a 76 CJ-5 that I've always used the green stuff in. Would it be advisable to flush it out the next time I work on the cooling system and move to one of these newer formulas?

Thanks again
Bill Lugg

Nah, if you are running the green stuff, I'd just keep running it. You can get quality green stuff for dirt and it does the job. You can if you want to of course, but for an older vehicle, I don't see the point of using more expensive fluid.

Top Bottom