Need help deciding on Fender Flares

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I went with the Nemesis Notorious. They are aluminum. Yes they are expensive. As for cutting into your tires, they shouldn't even touch your tire if your bumps are set up right. 20190614_163000.jpg 20190608_122922.jpg

74CJ5

I went with Poison Spyder aluminum crusher flares, standard width. I have had them for 6-7 years now and love them. Took them off my 12, powder coated them a different color and put them on my 18. This go around I put on their front fender liners as well. IMG_1631.jpg IMG_1654.jpg IMG_1632.jpg IMG_1652.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

Why do you want flat fenders? Do you have clearance issues with the 35s and factory flares now, or do you plan to try putting 37" tires on with your current 2.5" lift? Or is this just for looks right now?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
from what i’ve researched the aluminum ones aren’t so bad and I don’t mind so much having to commit to a certain one due to cutting or making holes, most of the brands hide the cuts/ holes well. I do know that the nemesis ones use existing holes, but you have to widen them a bit and install a nut insert. I’m only hesitant on the MCE because there pretty expensive for being plastic, but i’ve heard great things about them.

Yes the MCEs are expensive, but less expensive than the metal options. Periodically they go on sale. I recently saw then at 20% off through one vendor. Truth be told, I was not willing to pay full price, and only pulled the trigger when I found some new ones on Craigslist at half price. They are the now-discontinued “carbon fiber” finish. Everyone thinks I have real carbon fiber fenders, which would be dumb. [emoji23]
IMG_1943.JPG IMG_2187.jpg

Brute

Hooked
IMG_3866.jpg

I'm partial to MCE...still made in good ole WA...(I think...they did recently sell to Daystar)...

Attachments

• CB3C0C2F-ECA0-4C0E-8DBB-CCF0C789131D.jpg
    CB3C0C2F-ECA0-4C0E-8DBB-CCF0C789131D.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 3DD4F58B-CE93-4925-A5AD-3A99C5EFCC22.jpg
    3DD4F58B-CE93-4925-A5AD-3A99C5EFCC22.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 210

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I ran cut stock ones for a long time and liked it. I changed to MCE for no real reason other than why not. Install was easy and I like the looks a bit more.

MericaMade

The steel ones (Poison Spider, Nemesis, etc.) look great. But they are pretty heavy, they rust, and they can damage your body panels if you nudge a tree, rock, etc.

The plastic options (eg MCE) are lighter weight, don’t rust, and tend to bend rather than transfer full force to body panels. They don’t look as nice, but that’s a subjective judgment. I have the MCE full width and I’ve been happy with them.

Cutting the stock fenders is free and entails the same benefits as MCE. I never cared for the look, personally. But again, that’s subjective.

Good info right there OP ^^^. I was all about steel fenders until I met Fiend and saw his MCE.

To me the MCE look better then cut stocks but for a free mod you can't go wrong either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

PokerStogey

I have been running the aluminum Poison Spyders in the rear for a while now (cut stocks up front) and for me they come in handy as a step when messing with camp gear on the roof rack. Without the rack, not sure I would have got away from the free cut-up stock mod. IMG_8269.jpg

I’ve got a 2.5 lift w 35s, mid width front bumper and decided on the poison narrows in aluminum. Real pain to install but I really like the way it came out. IMG_7902.jpg IMG_7904.JPG IMG_7905.jpg

cangro408

Why do you want flat fenders? Do you have clearance issues with the 35s and factory flares now, or do you plan to try putting 37" tires on with your current 2.5" lift? Or is this just for looks right now?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE[/QUOTE]

Under full flex i’m pretty sure my tire is tucked up in there and when i go wheeling don’t want it popping off but like i said earlier i might just cut them and say fuck it also i do plan on going 37s some time down the road

JYough

IMG_5611.jpg i have the steel poison spyder flares. It’s all preference. I wanted to cut the stock ones but had a 18 wheeler tire rip off one of mine so that plan went out the window.

Spyder crusher fenders

I went through samething a year ago. I decided on Spyder crusher fenders. I got the raw metal and bedlined them black. I absolutely love them. I'v gotten many compliments on them. The pictures are from when I bedlined and installed ththe front set. I have since installed back and front as well ad other mods since then.

Attachments

• 20171116_133456.jpg
    20171116_133456.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 153
  • crusher-fenders - Copy.jpg
    crusher-fenders - Copy.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 155

patr1ckm

I bought my Bushwacker flares at 4wheelonline last month. Installation was fairly easy. They look similar to PS fenders. The only difference is that the Bushwacker doesn't come with gaskets.

schnauzer

Nemesis Odyssey Fenders Here, 3 years old, the fit is way better than a few buddies that have RR and PS, I honestly prefer metal fenders, being an unlimited on narrow trails I tend to put the rails and rear fender up against a tree to help maneuver around tight turns where a lot of the time backing up makes things worse. FullSizeRender 17.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nemesis Odyssey Fenders Here, 3 years old, the fit is way better than a few buddies that have RR and PS, I honestly prefer metal fenders, being an unlimited on narrow trails I tend to put the rails and rear fender up against a tree to help maneuver around tight turns where a lot of the time backing up makes things worse. View attachment 335216

Did you order yours with the skelotos reinforcement?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Nemesis Odyssey Fenders Here, 3 years old, the fit is way better than a few buddies that have RR and PS, I honestly prefer metal fenders, being an unlimited on narrow trails I tend to put the rails and rear fender up against a tree to help maneuver around tight turns where a lot of the time backing up makes things worse. View attachment 335216

Those look awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom