Granite Shark

TrailHunter

Hooked
New Bartact covers for the front arrived today. Still need one for the rear and the center console.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I keep putting this off, and I know I’m going to regret it the longer I wait.. Those are the ones I want too... are they comfortable?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I keep putting this off, and I know I’m going to regret it the longer I wait.. Those are the ones I want too... are they comfortable?

I have a full set in the Tank Jeep. I love them. Only downside is it takes a while to feel the factory seat heaters.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Details? Mine are looking threadbare.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

On the Wet Okoles? They came with the Jeep. The fronts have a skull with a beret logo on them or something like that. I took them off the day I brought the Jeep home. I’ll pull them out and take some pics if you are interested. The back has been on the whole time. No rips or in any of them and they are in good condition.

fiend

Caught the Bug
On the Wet Okoles? They came with the Jeep. The fronts have a skull with a beret logo on them or something like that. I took them off the day I brought the Jeep home. I’ll pull them out and take some pics if you are interested. The back has been on the whole time. No rips or in any of them and they are in good condition.

Skull and beret? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Starting to build my wire runs for back up lights and rocks lights...figured why not do it inside by the fire. ;)

IMG_5571.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Lights are in, as is the quadratec trailer hitch. I can’t believe how expensive the OEM hitch is compared to aftermarket.

IMG_5573.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That looks great. What brand of lights? And what tool did you use to cut the bumper?

They are cheap nilights off of Amazon. My son’s lighting budget does not allow the high end stuff. As a benefit though, they pretty much throw light everywhere since the refractors aren’t high end, which is perfect for a back up light.

First hole I did with a drill and a sawzall. That sucked balls and took me forever. I went and bought a metal cuff off disc for my grinder for the second hole and it took me about five minutes.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looking good man, I saw you were making wire runs, but did you tie those into your back up lights or to a separate switch?

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Back up lights will automatically come on in reverse but can also be separately turned on with a switch. I am also installing rock lights that will be tied into a switch and also the footwell lighting (so the rock lights temporarily come on when you open the doors and then fade) like I have on the Tank JKUR.

Having done all this several times now, I've decided that it is most efficient (at least for me) to mount all of the lights and then do all of the wiring at once.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That came out really nice. There sure is a big price difference between the Factory hitch and the others.

benatc1

Hooked
Back up lights will automatically come on in reverse but can also be separately turned on with a switch. I am also installing rock lights that will be tied into a switch and also the footwell lighting (so the rock lights temporarily come on when you open the doors and then fade) like I have on the Tank JKUR.

Having done all this several times now, I've decided that it is most efficient (at least for me) to mount all of the lights and then do all of the wiring at once.
Yea definitely easier and cleaner to do all at once. I like the idea of the footwell lighting too, recall seeing that on tank.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

That's a great idea. So I assume you tapped the power wire into the reverse light and ran to a toggle switch as well?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom