Stuck in 2nd after axle swap

Exodus 4x4

That is exactly what this Artec kit does. I saw nothing in the documentation that it would not work on 2012+ vehicles.

I’m pretty sure he’s right and most likely this is the issue. You need to run speed sensors at every wheel. It’s not a big deal other than the fact that you already put 52 tooth count rings in the rear already. You’ll either have to change those to 60 count, replace the front unit bearings with the Currie unit bearings built for JK’s, or rebuild your current unit bearings tone ring with the ones Artec sells. You’ll also need abs sensors for a ram pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m pretty sure he’s right and most likely this is the issue. You need to run speed sensors at every wheel. It’s not a big deal other than the fact that you already put 52 tooth count rings in the rear already. You’ll either have to change those to 60 count, replace the front unit bearings with the Currie unit bearings built for JK’s, or rebuild your current unit bearings tone ring with the ones Artec sells. You’ll also need abs sensors for a ram pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, putting all 4 on the rear won't work. There's a ton of info sprinkled around the internet on this regarding the 12+

If he has the JScan app, he should be able to have different tooth counts front/rear.... I haven't tried this myself, but I saw the option when I bought the app.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I remember I had a similar problem I was stuck in 4 low because I broke that little plastic bushing for the 4wd linkage cable. Cheap part just a pain to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

phillypete

So we finally figured it out. As others have mentioned the 2012+ models have software that looks for the wheel speed of the front wheels to change with steering angle. Putting all the sensors on the rear freaks out the computer.

We ended up replacing the rear tone ring to match the front axle, since it was cheaper than replacing the unit bearing, and did some fancy math to figure out the gear ratio.

Anyhow back on the road now but not ready for prime time.

I need to get some more clearance for the front axle. The pumpkin only has about two inches of clearance to the control arm bracket.

I also I would like to figure out a way to hook up the parking brake.

Top Bottom