VIDEO : KANE CREEK - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Fun Run with EVO

fiend

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah, one of my favorites as well. We ran into a RR4W group that day and they were nice enough to let us pass - well, after lecturing us about how we shouldn't have even been on the trail that is. One of the guys is on the forum and he said it took 9 hours for them to run it :shock:

Why did the guy think you shouldn’t be on the trail?

As much fun as it would be to see the vendors and concept vehicles at EJS, a traffic jam on the trails just does not sound fun at all.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why did the guy think you shouldn’t be on the trail?

As much fun as it would be to see the vendors and concept vehicles at EJS, a traffic jam on the trails just does not sound fun at all.

They were the official Red Rock 4 Wheel run and they technically own it for the day. They literally left 2 hours before us and no lie, we caught up to them in about 20 minutes. Watching them spot everyone though just about everything, I could see why. Please note, this is not a criticism of them or how they do things - just what it was.

Like you, I prefer to be in Moab off season as the experience is much nicer and a lot more fun. For better or for worse, we always go during EJS because it's work for us. Well, that and we get to see a lot of our friends from around the country :)

Jsouder53

Hooked
They were the official Red Rock 4 Wheel run and they technically own it for the day. They literally left 2 hours before us and no lie, we caught up to them in about 20 minutes. Watching them spot everyone though just about everything, I could see why. Please note, this is not a criticism of them or how they do things - just what it was.

Like you, I prefer to be in Moab off season as the experience is much nicer and a lot more fun. For better or for worse, we always go during EJS because it's work for us. Well, that and we get to see a lot of our friends from around the country :)

I’d probably get frustrated dealing with that many people on the trail [emoji23] you could always join me in Early June if you would prefer to be there off season lol

USMC Wrangler

It’s only a 10 1/2 hour drive from my home. I’ve gotta get there soon! Although, it’ll be easier when I retire in five years, but that’s too long to wait!

Love the video! Great job as usual! [emoji1303]

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
You guys make that trail look so easy. I remember that trails from a few years ago and hamburger hill is a lot tougher than it looks. Nice video of the run. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Nice video! You are selling me more and more on those bomber sliders. Any chance of a WAL MOAB run in the off season?

JAGS

Hooked
I’m a little sad seeing these vids and not being there in person. Moab is such an awesome place. For all the reasons your vid have depicted, but more because of the memories and friends.

Thanks for sharing another part of your time there! [emoji106]

With all the JLs in town, will you be doing a recap of any things you’ve seen....good, bad, or otherwise. You had the RR vid that was cool.

Now I’m rambling. Lol. Hopefully can catch up with you sooner than later. [emoji41]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’d probably get frustrated dealing with that many people on the trail [emoji23] you could always join me in Early June if you would prefer to be there off season lol

It can be tough for sure but if I know what I'm getting myself into, I can deal with it. Mel will just turn around :crazyeyes:

It’s only a 10 1/2 hour drive from my home. I’ve gotta get there soon! Although, it’ll be easier when I retire in five years, but that’s too long to wait!

Love the video! Great job as usual! [emoji1303]

Definitely a place every Jeeper needs to wheel at least once. :yup:

You guys make that trail look so easy. I remember that trails from a few years ago and hamburger hill is a lot tougher than it looks. Nice video of the run. [emoji106]

Fortunately, we got to Hamburger Hill ahead of the RR4W guys. If we got there after, we'd be sitting there for hours. :crazyeyes:

Nice video! You are selling me more and more on those bomber sliders. Any chance of a WAL MOAB run in the off season?

You know, that isn't such a bad idea. I'll have to give that one some thought. :cool:

Awesome! Is that "Snow White" Jeep running 35's?

Yup, just 35's and rockin it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great work. Thanks for sharing!

So glad you enjoyed it :)

I’m a little sad seeing these vids and not being there in person. Moab is such an awesome place. For all the reasons your vid have depicted, but more because of the memories and friends.

Thanks for sharing another part of your time there! [emoji106]

With all the JLs in town, will you be doing a recap of any things you’ve seen....good, bad, or otherwise. You had the RR vid that was cool.

Now I’m rambling. Lol. Hopefully can catch up with you sooner than later. [emoji41]

Unfortunately, most of this trip was work for us and that work was focused on the Gladiator. The other videos we put out were just opportunities that presented themselves to us.

Great video! I like seeing all the new parts getting beat up. Giving me ideas and empty pockets.

LOL - awesome :)

Hmmm I wonder when Jet lost its factory exhaust[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] Sounds really nice

LOL - we have a video coming on that :)

Great video! It looks like a fun trail

Definitely one of our favorites :)

We should try it ;)

You definitely should - with any luck, we can all head out there together :thumb:

Discount Tire

You guys always post the best videos. Great job of editing. There were a few Oh My moments that you captured perfect. A couple of Jeeps almost got in trouble on Hamburger hill.

Kane Creek looks like it has gotten more fun, or not depending on what you are riding in. The first time I did it was in 2005 on a quad. Love all the water crossings but if it's dry the dust can be a killer.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom