NEW Shoes for MOBY : 40x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

Will.Smothers

Love Coopers!

Congrats guys! I run the Discoverer ST MAXX on my rig and love them! I am very interested to hear about their on-road manners. I am very interested in how loud they are. My ST MAXX are so quiet that you don't even notice that they are a more agressive AT on the road. Very interested in these!

Eugene

What's the weight and difference between the two tires at that size? I understand the Toyos are heavy at any size.

RKJK10

My kmc machete beadlocks should show up next week. Was looking at the trail grapplers. And now those came out? Hm... i might have to rethink now. They didn't have 40s this summer last time I checked

Lil Nasty

Love the tires! My father just installed some on his Avalanche. Interested in the comparison between them and the Toyo's being I have a new set of Toyo's heading to the house.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LAJK

They're HERE!! :wings:

As some of you may know, Cindy and I have been running 37x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T tires on our 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler, also known as Rubicat and a much smaller 225/75R16 version of it on Renny, our 2015 Jeep Renegade and we've been so impressed with how well they perform, we've literally been chomping at the bit to get them in a size 40 for Moby. Well, I'm happy to announce that Cooper Tire is finally making these awesome tires in a 40x13.50R17 and we just got a complete set of 5 of them in today. Needless to say, you know what we'll be working this weekend.

For those of you who aren't aware of it, the Cooper Discoverer STT Pro is a replacement of its predecessor which was just called the STT. According to Cooper, this new tire is their most advanced and extreme to date and in addition to it's new and more original tread design that features an aggressive "3-2 center rib design" and shoulder lugs they call "side-biters", the new STT Pro comes with an all new "silica tread compound" and improved sidewall strength through heir "3-Ply Armor-Tek3. I should note that unlike the 37x13.50R17's which come in an Load Range E, these new 40x13.50R17's come in a softer Load Range C and that means they will offer a softer ride. Of course, what we love most about Cooper Tires is that they're made right here in the U.S.A.

With all that said, here are some shots of what we just got. Drool away :drool: :crazyeyes: :cool:

WooHoo!! Our new 40" Cooper STT Pros being delivered.
View attachment 225955

Moby excited to be getting new shoes.
View attachment 225957

Closer shot of what these 40" Cooper Tires look like.
View attachment 225956

Granted, our old Toyo's are mounted and inflated and of course, have a few miles on them but just for fun, we wanted to see what they looked like next to a brand new STT Pro.
View attachment 225959

View attachment 225960

Here's a side shot of what it will kind of look like installed.
View attachment 225958

And here's a closer shot so that you can see the sidewall in greater detail.
View attachment 225961

Close up shot of the Range C listing and the stated 40x13.50R17 size.
View attachment 225963

This is what we always love to see - MADE IN THE U.S.A.
View attachment 225964

And finally, a close up shot of the STT Pro's super aggressive tread pattern.
View attachment 225965

I'll be sure to post up more pics once they're installed and maybe try to get a video in too :cool:

Will your 40" Toyos be up for sale soon?

Robertcrav

Sweet! I love the Coopers... i ran a set of the original STTs and then the ST MAXX's on my Bronco before I got the Jeep...my brother runs 35" ST MAXX'S on his JK and Im running the STT PRO'S...Great tires that I think get overlooked by those running Toyo, Nitto, Falken and BFG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

Are these officially available? I can't seem to find them on the "usual" tire sites and Cooper doesn't list them yet on the tire size and specifications list.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, glad that you like what you see :)

How much does it weigh? I mean, is it lighter than the Toyo?

Unfortunately, I don't know how much these weigh and won't really have an idea of if they're lighter or heavier until I start breaking down the Toyos I have mounted now. I'll have to get back to you on this.

This just made my night! I've been waiting for them to come out with a 40" and it being in load range C is even better!

You and me both! I just wish these were available back when we got a set of 37's for Rubicat. :crazyeyes:

Impressive !!

Looking forward to hearing about them on the trail

The 37x13.50's we've been running on Rubicat have been outstanding and hook up way better on the rocks than what we were running before.

Congrats guys! I run the Discoverer ST MAXX on my rig and love them! I am very interested to hear about their on-road manners. I am very interested in how loud they are. My ST MAXX are so quiet that you don't even notice that they are a more agressive AT on the road. Very interested in these!

Compared to other MT's we've run, these are a bit on the louder side but only by a bit. Certainly, more so than a Toyo MT or Nitto Trail Grappler but that's because of the aggressive tread pattern and with deep voids. That being said, I have found those factors and the their rubber compound used make them hook up way better on the rocks and even in snow and ice. In fact, of all the MT's I have run in the past, I have found these Cooper STT Pros to perform the best in snow and ice.

Top Bottom