EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

J&k_Overland

I’m new to Wayalife but have been loving reading various threads. We are headed out west from MO this summer. Big RV trip and taking the Jeep with us. It’ll be me, the wife, our two kids (10 and 7) and the dog. We will be in the Moab area August 1-5. After reading this thread, I realize we will be there at the same

Any recommendations on trails for a beginner in and around the Moab area? Ones that would not scare the socks off my wife? We’d love to tagalong with others for a day or two as well.

We’ll be staying at the Moab KOA Holiday.

Welcome I’m new here to but so far every seems pretty cool. Your Jeep sounds pretty well set up to go about anywhere in Moab my Grand Cherokee is on 35s as well and will be running several trails while there. I’ll also be in the KOA. Looking forward to meeting ya.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m new to Wayalife but have been loving reading various threads. We are headed out west from MO this summer. Big RV trip and taking the Jeep with us. It’ll be me, the wife, our two kids (10 and 7) and the dog. We will be in the Moab area August 1-5. After reading this thread, I realize we will be there at the same time.

This is also the first Jeep (JLUR, 2” lift, 35” tires) we have owned. I’m certainly not looking at getting onto any trails that are above my currently limited skill set, but we would like to explore a little bit. Especially something the kids would be able to remember and be excited about. My wife and I are getting some off-road experience through the help of friends, local Jeep club, and considering an actual off-roading course. I anticipate that by the time we make our trip, we should at least have some comfort level to accomplish a few trails out there.

Any recommendations on trails for a beginner in and around the Moab area? Ones that would not scare the socks off my wife? We’d love to tagalong with others for a day or two as well.

We’ll be staying at the Moab KOA Holiday.

First off, welcome!

You are absolutely welcome to join us, there will be a number of us there with our families. We are going to break up the group into smaller groups of 10-15 Jeeps based off of their build and desire to run certain trails. If you don’t want to run any of the more difficult trails, that’s not a problem. If your pretty serious to join us, I’ll add you to the list so that I can keep you up to speed on the details as we get closer.

Hope to meet you in Moab!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jedifletch

First off, welcome!

You are absolutely welcome to join us, there will be a number of us there with our families. We are going to break up the group into smaller groups of 10-15 Jeeps based off of their build and desire to run certain trails. If you don’t want to run any of the more difficult trails, that’s not a problem. If your pretty serious to join us, I’ll add you to the list so that I can keep you up to speed on the details as we get closer.

Hope to meet you in Moab!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thank you! Please add us. We will definitely be there Aug 1-5, barring unforeseen travel issues. We already have a spot confirmed at the KOA, where it appears several others are at. We’d be thrilled to go out on the trails with some of you and since we are rookies, it would definitely help us to know we have some experienced Jeepers around too!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thank you! Please add us. We will definitely be there Aug 1-5, barring unforeseen travel issues. We already have a spot confirmed at the KOA, where it appears several others are at. We’d be thrilled to go out on the trails with some of you and since we are rookies, it would definitely help us to know we have some experienced Jeepers around too!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds great! I’ll add you to the list.

See you in Moab!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I swear I check this thread for updates twice a day, sometimes more [emoji23]. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Damn. Even with the few that can’t make it it looks
Like we are still around 30 rigs!

I'd be surprised if that many guys ended up going. I bet it's gonna be more like 20. BUT, if that many do show up it will be awesome!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
For those curious about camp sites: I’m planning on staying at the Goose Island blm campground. $20/night, no hookups or potable water. There are outhouses on site

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

dillard09

Just letting yall know if something breaks or need anything while in Moab check out Moab Motorsports. The owner is Rory and the guy is jam up. He is not out to get every dime out of some tourist that needs help. When I spun my diff when i was in Moab. He could have charged me 2k for it, I was in a bind and had to have it done. He spun the diff back and welded it up for $250.

Ddays

Hooked
Question for the Moab vets: Are there any trails out there that are ok to do an easy night run on? Obviously I have less than zero interest in anything hard or with crazy shelf roads.
Course, that probably eliminates almost every trail out there...

J&k_Overland

Night run would be fun. Never done one I’m sure there’s something that’d we would have a better than 50/50 shot at surviving. I’ll have to mount those rock lights that have been in the shop for 3 years.

Top Bottom