What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Tall Mike

Coolant leak..

I've smelled it for a while, but couldn't find the leak.. Now its dripping down on the front diff. :naw:

Tall Mike

Is this on a JK? Ours used to do that and it was just the overflow puking out. Happened a few times.

Yes 2016 JKU.

It appears that is where its coming from after I get it back from the alignment shop today gonna dig into it more. What caused it on yours ?

WJCO

Meme King
Yes 2016 JKU.

It appears that is where its coming from after I get it back from the alignment shop today gonna dig into it more. What caused it on yours ?

We had a 3.8. I never figured out why but it happened like 3 times and it was just random. And it was not after being offroad; it would be after pulling it into the garage after driving it around town. Every time I checked the coolant level, it was fine. I did all the work on it too, so I don't think it was over-filled. No idea.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Is this on a JK? Ours used to do that and it was just the overflow puking out. Happened a few times.

This will happen on the 2016 to if the overflow tank has to much coolant. It’s happened to me especially when the dealership does my oil change.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Tall Mike

We had a 3.8. I never figured out why but it happened like 3 times and it was just random. And it was not after being offroad; it would be after pulling it into the garage after driving it around town. Every time I checked the coolant level, it was fine. I did all the work on it too, so I don't think it was over-filled. No idea.

This will happen on the 2016 to if the overflow tank has to much coolant. It’s happened to me especially when the dealership does my oil change.

Thanks gents.

This is gonna sound strange so bear with me.

It started doing it same day after I installed the Synergy lift. I am wondering if I over flexed it when I was raising the Jeep or lowering it with the floor jack ? The reason I think this is I have read that over flexing a JK is what is causing the plastic radiators too develop stress cracks ? IDK could just be coincidence that it started some day as I finished the lift.

Hopefully the alignment shop gets done before the rains get here later. I really need to get that sorted out quickly.

I bought the Jeep used and have seen signs that it may have had a hard life before I got hold of it.

jdofmemi

Yes 2016 JKU.

That's what I thought my coolant leak was too, but then the radiator split grew and left me with no coolant at all in Panamint Valley.

Thanks gents.

This is gonna sound strange so bear with me.

It started doing it same day after I installed the Synergy lift. I am wondering if I over flexed it when I was raising the Jeep or lowering it with the floor jack ? The reason I think this is I have read that over flexing a JK is what is causing the plastic radiators too develop stress cracks ? IDK could just be coincidence that it started some day as I finished the lift.

Hopefully the alignment shop gets done before the rains get here later. I really need to get that sorted out quickly.

I bought the Jeep used and have seen signs that it may have had a hard life before I got hold of it.

The flexing over time contributes to the radiators sometimes splitting, but I can promise you that you did not flex it enough to split the radiator jacking it up in your garage🤯

Ddays

Hooked
It could also be the thermostat housing. It's right over the diff housing. That's an easy fix if that's what it is. I carry a spare with me now.

jdofmemi

It could also be the thermostat housing. It's right over the diff housing. That's an easy fix if that's what it is. I carry a spare with me now.

I added one to my growing list of spares as well, along with upper and lower radiator hoses, idler pulleys, tensioner, belt, crank position sensor, speed sensors.........

And much more.

Tall Mike

That's what I thought my coolant leak was too, but then the radiator split grew and left me with no coolant at all in Panamint Valley.

The flexing over time contributes to the radiators sometimes splitting, but I can promise you that you did not flex it enough to split the radiator jacking it up in your garage��

I hope that's the case I'm afraid previous owner may have beat the hell out of it and got the problem started. I was raising and lowering on both sides of the axel to full extension of the jack is why I thought that..

Luckily I have the JT as my DD so I'm not without a vehicle. :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Tall Mike

I added one to my growing list of spares as well, along with upper and lower radiator hoses, idler pulleys, tensioner, belt, crank position sensor, speed sensors.........

And much more.

Thanks for the info much appreciated. :thumb:

jdofmemi

I hope that's the case I'm afraid previous owner may have beat the hell out of it and got the problem started. I was raising and lowering on both sides of the axel to full extension of the jack is why I thought that..

Luckily I have the JT as my DD so I'm not without a vehicle. :rolleyes2:

There is a huge difference between static flex in a garage and bouncing over obstacles.

Radiators are relatively cheap, put a new one in and bash away for several more years

Tall Mike

Looks to me like the coolant is coming out of the overflow it does appear to be an intermittent problem. Nothing all morning and just a tiny bit this afternoon. :rolleyes2:

Aright this one bugs me. Never had a water issue before. I keep having to rehang this driver door because it’s a piece of shit that keeps breaking and doesn’t want to seal tight. I finally get it to close with a correct gap and no airflow and now it leaks water in. I give up. I’m buying another set of doors this is retarded.
IMG_9651.jpg

Elroy231

Aright this one bugs me. Never had a water issue before. I keep having to rehang this driver door because it’s a piece of shit that keeps breaking and doesn’t want to seal tight. I finally get it to close with a correct gap and no airflow and now it leaks water in. I give up. I’m buying another set of doors this is retarded.
View attachment 355021

I'm familiar with that view. [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Coolant leaks, blown shock, front tires are starting to scallop, need to re adjust drag link, windshield washer fluid froze and dumped out everywhere... And of course my new house is still being built so I don't have a garage... DAMN IT!!!! just wanna take care of these things that clearly need some TLC....
And I guess take a Hawaii jeep and move it to North Dakota and things are bound to not like the cold haha 20201027_172044.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Coolant leaks, blown shock, front tires are starting to scallop, need to re adjust drag link, windshield washer fluid froze and dumped out everywhere... And of course my new house is still being built so I don't have a garage... DAMN IT!!!! just wanna take care of these things that clearly need some TLC....
And I guess take a Hawaii jeep and move it to North Dakota and things are bound to not like the cold haha View attachment 355086

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

That sucks. But the bright side is you have a bad ass Jeep from Hawaii 🤷*♂️

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom