ATX chamber pro II rings

Trying to decide if I should replace my rings or try and smooth them out a bit. I don’t care that they have a lot of scrapes, gouges, scratches etc. But I am concerned about the effect they are starting to have on the balance of my wheels and tires. Maybe I’m over thinking it and it’s a colossal waste of time/money.

Sway me.....

Ddays

Hooked
I would think that any loss of lightweight aluminum from the rings would be easily compensated by the more dense wheel weights. I just file down the rough edges on mine & call it a day.

Have you had them re-balanced lately?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Trying to decide if I should replace my rings or try and smooth them out a bit. I don’t care that they have a lot of scrapes, gouges, scratches etc. But I am concerned about the effect they are starting to have on the balance of my wheels and tires. Maybe I’m over thinking it and it’s a colossal waste of time/money.

Sway me.....

The amount of weight lost with a gouge in the aluminum ring is negligible. Much smaller than if you take a small chunk out of the tire. I would just rebalance if you think it’s necessary

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks all. These particular tires are relatively new (3500 miles). It’s my second set of cooper STT pros and they are balancing fine, they are just taking a fuck bucket full of weight to balance out. Unlike my last set that was reasonable, these are wanting some excessive weight so I thought the rings might be a contributing factor but not likely by the sound of things.

Adam you are most likely right in that it’s the tires. This particular set seems to really be quite a bit out of round or at least more so than the last set I have.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Thanks all. These particular tires are relatively new (3500 miles). It’s my second set of cooper STT pros and they are balancing fine, they are just taking a fuck bucket full of weight to balance out. Unlike my last set that was reasonable, these are wanting some excessive weight so I thought the rings might be a contributing factor but not likely by the sound of things.

Adam you are most likely right in that it’s the tires. This particular set seems to really be quite a bit out of round or at least more so than the last set I have.

Probably should have went with Nitto's :cheesy:

benatc1

Hooked

My first 2 sets of STT pros 37s & 35s didn't need any balancing, but this most recent set of 37s need a barrel of weight, but balance out, maybe my wheels, or things have changed on their end. Idk

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I do miss Nittos, but I've gotten used to the out-of-round marshmallows that are Coopers. [emoji23]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Man ain’t that the truth. My first set were damn near perfect. This set.... I equate them to a pair of fake tits installed by a second rate surgeon. Sure they look great, but they ride like shit and the nipples point in different directions.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
You’re really not helping Don. Don’t you have a Jeep to drop off at ORE 🤨

But yes... that just might be the plan [emoji12]

I am dropping it off at ORE.. thanks for the nudge to Long arms and coilovers.. LOL

And you're welcome for the nudge to a JT.. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

jeeeep

Hooked
Man ain’t that the truth. My first set were damn near perfect. This set.... I equate them to a pair of fake tits installed by a second rate surgeon. Sure they look great, but they ride like shit and the nipples point in different directions.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

The balance makes me think i should have marked the wheel to the ring on the Chambers I just took apart.

Wondering if pulling the rings and rotating them 180* would change the balance.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Sway me.....

They’re probably too beat up to salvage, the wheels too. You should probably just sell the wheels 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom