Wrangler Engine Defect: Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Jeep & FCA

Jack diddly

Glad to see this. I just read about it on Facebook. I had the same issue and the dealer wanted to charge me a bunch of money for the oil cooler to be replaced. After getting pissed off I called jeep directly and it got replaced. There's a bunch of complaints previously to the lawsuit about this issue on the DOT page. I made a complaint too. Some jeeps have caught fire and I was told I was lucky mine didn't by 2 different places.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

chickendumpling

I have a 2014, just went through the hassle of dealing with the oil cooler crack around 39K. I also have the issue with heating and the video that popped up on youtube ... bingo - have my attention. I have yet to take it in for the inadequate heating.

Forgive my layman's take, appears improper cleaning of the motor during mfg - leaving debris which causes sludge to impact the radiator/heater/cooling system.

Forums helped me lock down a dealer on the oil cooler crack ... what is everyone seeing in their jeeps?

chickendumpling

Not enough de-frost or regular heat to keep the front windshield free of ice. Have not taken in since its summer, but the dealership believes its the heater core. The two winter storms were not even the worst that SD has to offer. Blades skip and ice building from the bottom corners on up. Some regrettable feeling wells up ... sell it, because this can't happen if caught in a real good blizzard etc on the interstate. When I crossed this lawsuit, wow...sounds like a spot on description with the heating.

What bugs me is I missed this while researching before purchase to begin with ... all these model years, mechanics, and hard core jeep folks -- uproar? Brown Slime :eek:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Your punctuation and grammar is that of a 6th grader. Finish your thoughts completely before starting a new sentence. I really hope you have a good lawyer for this lawsuit because the judge will laugh at you if you try and represent yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

glen5264

Everyone talks about class action lawsuits. When do you or ever hear that the individuals whom been effected actually received enough compensation in an appropriate time frame? The lawyers will keep on bargaining until you left with nothing. By that time it would be 2131 and you will not even care what happened to you such a long time ago. If every jk had this problem then that is an issue but the odds are against. Usually it can be drilled down to an individual mechanic accidentally missing something. Don't get me wrong I would be p.o. too. Focus on fixing the problem instead of doing a witch hunt.

WJCO

Meme King
Everyone talks about class action lawsuits. When do you or ever hear that the individuals whom been effected actually received enough compensation in an appropriate time frame? The lawyers will keep on bargaining until you left with nothing. By that time it would be 2131 and you will not even care what happened to you such a long time ago. If every jk had this problem then that is an issue but the odds are against. Usually it can be drilled down to an individual mechanic accidentally missing something. Don't get me wrong I would be p.o. too. Focus on fixing the problem instead of doing a witch hunt.

This is exactly true. The time and money involved usually isn't worth it for the individual themself. With that being said, when a large mistake is made, I do like seeing it brought out into the open rather than hidden.

chickendumpling

So you want everyone to bitch about their Jeep?

Sure do ... 1st and foremost, that shows a pattern. From that, can make a purchase or choose another course of action. Without that bitching, had something to leverage warranty coverage on the oil cooler. Also, doesn't that help with recalls?

Heck, doesn't even have to be jeeps - bragging or bitching, sounds like forums to me :doh:

lemoncadebay

Wrangler Engine Defect: Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Jeep & FCA

My brother worked on a class action vs a drug and drug company. He handed out many, many checks that made these victims instant millionaires.

However, many construction defect cases in my area could be accurately described by your statement.

My 2014 has no issue with heating or cooling. It's over 100 degrees here and my air works great. During winter, we had light snow near my house and the heater worked fine.

Last edited:

chickendumpling

Your punctuation and grammar is that of a 6th grader. Finish your thoughts completely before starting a new sentence. I really hope you have a good lawyer for this lawsuit because the judge will laugh at you if you try and represent yourself.

If you come to Pierre SD, pm me and we can greet and meet at the ORV park near the oahe dam and have some real good fun :clap2:

mo0s3

Funny this pops up right after i replaced my radiator with 35300 miles on my jeep. Over the last year and a half I took my Jeep into the dealership complaining of a maple bar smell and a low coolant issue. The dealer told me that this is normal on vehicles of this year and it was from them accidentally spilling coolant when they do service. I kept a close eye for leaks and could not see any. It was not until I went 300 miles over the warranty that they tell me my radiator has a crack. Needless to say after all my complaints I still had to shell out $800 . I called Jeep directly and told them i have never had a issue with a radiator like this on any vehicle I have owned. Their response was it is normal .... the problem i have with class action lawsuits it seems the lawyers make all the $$$ and you get nadda

Top Bottom