Would you go Soft top or Hard top cross country?

Hard Top or Soft Top Cross Country?

• Hard Top

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Soft Top

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

dillard09

I'm currently looking to get rid of my hardtop and replace it with a trektop in twill. Hoping the twill will help to reduce some of the wind noise a bit with the thicker material.
I do love the hardtop but I hate taking it off and putting it back on. As I only have the hardtop and a bikini top currently.
Looking for a happy medium between the hardtop and soft top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
I'm currently looking to get rid of my hardtop and replace it with a trektop in twill. Hoping the twill will help to reduce some of the wind noise a bit with the thicker material.
I do love the hardtop but I hate taking it off and putting it back on. As I only have the hardtop and a bikini top currently.

The twill will certainly be the medium [emoji106] we have the mopar premium soft top and love it! But we also like the security and the peaceful long ride of a hard top [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

The Twill tops are awesome. I bought the one last spring as mine originally had the hard top too. You'll find it a little odd switching from the hard to the soft top - there is an increase in noise infiltration but it comes in from the top of the Jeep only. I found myself looking up a lot at first. I didn't really notice any increase in wind noise going from the hard top. In fact I noticed less as I tweaked my windshield frame installing my roll cage and the Freedom panels have an air leak at highway speeds that is loud as shit.

dillard09

The Twill tops are awesome. I bought the one last spring as mine originally had the hard top too. You'll find it a little odd switching from the hard to the soft top - there is an increase in noise infiltration but it comes in from the top of the Jeep only. I found myself looking up a lot at first. I didn't really notice any increase in wind noise going from the hard top. In fact I noticed less as I tweaked my windshield frame installing my roll cage and the Freedom panels have an air leak at highway speeds that is loud as shit.
Just what I was hoping it would be like going to the soft top. I currently have air and squeak on my freedom panels due to the rockhard cage as I didn't trim the freedom panels.
Do you have the trektop or the premium softtop?

Ddays

Hooked
Just what I was hoping it would be like going to the soft top. I currently have air and squeak on my freedom panels due to the rockhard cage as I didn't trim the freedom panels.
Do you have the trektop or the premium softtop?

I got the Supertop NX - I didn't want to lose the space in the slant back with the Trektop NX.

dillard09

I got the Supertop NX - I didn't want to lose the space in the slant back with the Trektop NX.
Well that's where I'm torn. How much actual usable space is lost between the Trektop and Supertop? I love the look of the trektop but I do travel with a wife and kid so do use the back for the wife's shiiii stuff.

Ddays

Hooked
Well that's where I'm torn. How much actual usable space is lost between the Trektop and Supertop? I love the look of the trektop but I do travel with a wife and kid so do use the back for the wife's shiiii stuff.

If you are stacking tall stuff it makes it more inconvenient with the slanted back IMO. I've found it a little easier accessing the rear of the Jeep with the vertical window in the Supertop as well. Comes down to personal preference in the end.

I reality, you don't lose a lot of space with the trektop slantback, but you do lose some space. I loaded the shit out of our jeep with our trektop for the colorado trip last September and everything fit just fine. I wouldn't not get the trektop if you're concerned about space :beer:

dillard09

I reality, you don't lose a lot of space with the trektop slantback, but you do lose some space. I loaded the shit out of our jeep with our trektop for the colorado trip last September and everything fit just fine. I wouldn't not get the trektop if you're concerned about space [emoji481]
That's kinda what I was thinking as well. I know I'll lose space but I don't think it will be so much that I will regret it. Thanks
Anyone have the Trektop NX plus?

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I have driven in one summer Baltimore, Maryland to New York, New York to Indiana, Indiana to New Mexico, New Mexico to California (San Diego), California to New Mexico, New Mexico to Texas (San Antonio), Texas to New Mexico, and finally New Mexico to Montana, with a soft top. All of this with in a 10 week period. No complaints from the wife.

Attachments

• 38213417-C130-441D-A8D7-81BA5427C212.jpg
    38213417-C130-441D-A8D7-81BA5427C212.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 86
  • E4FB0206-CB49-4775-A187-7309F676739E.jpg
    E4FB0206-CB49-4775-A187-7309F676739E.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 97
  • DBE152E8-6ED2-40AC-A047-36359532E8DC.jpg
    DBE152E8-6ED2-40AC-A047-36359532E8DC.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 94
I am selling my hard top finally as I really just run the hard top to keep the garage clear. With an exhaust the soft top is actually quieter and allows for more headroom.

Top Bottom