Teraflex Full Float Hubs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, help me out:

How does the lug pattern benefit me?

Isn't the bearing something easy to replace and you can sorta "see it coming" prior to a full break? What benefit is there to a larger bearing?

You do know he was trying to be funny, right? Of course, maybe you are too :crazyeyes:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Shit, called out. I'm such a newb.

No, I just wanted to make sure I understood all aspects. Better to assume I don't know and ask then be sure with wrong info.

WJCO

Meme King
You do know he was trying to be funny, right? Of course, maybe you are too :crazyeyes:

Shit, called out. I'm such a newb.

No, I just wanted to make sure I understood all aspects. Better to assume I don't know and ask then be sure with wrong info.

Yes I was being funny, but ironically, the ONLY real benefit that I see is the lug pattern. But as stated earlier, if you need that kind of lug pattern then you likely aren't running a Dana 30. So the product is essentially a 2000 dollar wheel adapter.

Dwkmaster

But hey if you watch the install video Dennis wood claims it will bring an end to front end Failure from high speed freeway driving increase fuel economy end front drive line vibrations and rear axle bending.... lol great marketing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
But hey if you watch the install video Dennis wood claims it will bring an end to front end Failure from high speed freeway driving increase fuel economy end front drive line vibrations and rear axle bending.... lol great marketing [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:cheesy: I just watched the start of the video! That exact wording was used! I'm going to go jack off now, I have better things to do.....

jesse3638

Hooked
Dynatrac does already make Free Spink kits. Unfortunately they are for 3/4 and 1-ton Dodge and Ford pick-ups. There is probably a reason they do not make free spin kits for the JK weather it be a Dana 30 or 44. I like the idea of replacing my hubs with manual locking hubs but looking at the prices of Dynatrac's current free spin kits I can only imagine it too would come with a hefty price tag too. Therefore it would be better for me to save for a PR44 or 60.

qwasin

I don't think it matters who released it. Most around here know better that to dump that kind of money into a 30. As for other forums... if they weren't selling them than they wouldn't be making them.[emoji848] I love how it even states that it allows you to run Dana 60 components on a 30 [emoji23]

I doubt anyone would put it in a 30. But some might run it on a pr44 to match an 8 lug ff rear. And if you think people know better than to waste money on axles, you should have a word with all the folks running semi float pr60s.

WJCO

Meme King
I doubt anyone would put it in a 30. But some might run it on a pr44 to match an 8 lug ff rear. And if you think people know better than to waste money on axles, you should have a word with all the folks running semi float pr60s.

You okay bro? Comparing a US made semi float 60 to a full float Chinese whatever wheel end? Snapon vs Harbor Freight? Let's go there.

qwasin

I think it may be worth it for some people if dynatrac made a kit for the front. Example, I already have a PR44, lets say it is now time that I need a new rear axle and I want to go full float, order a PR60 8 lug and buy the front free spin kit that converts the front to eight lug. And then you won't have to do a 5x5.5 wheel pattern and spacers in the front and I would imagine a kit like this would be stronger than the unit bearings which would help with wheel that have very little back spacing. But then again let's say I sell the PR44 for $3k and have the $2k from not getting the kit, I'm only $2.5k from a PR60 front, which would probably be stronger all the way around and have bigger brakes.

Pretty much this. I agree that selling your pr44 and getting a 60 would be a better use of your money. I just think that the attitude towards the front spindle kit would be a bit different if the brand was different.

qwasin

You okay bro? Comparing a US made semi float 60 to a full float Chinese whatever wheel end? Snapon vs Harbor Freight? Let's go there.

I'm not comparing a SF D60 to a front spindle kit. I'm saying that buying a hypothetical dynatrac free spin kit for your pr44 would be the financial equivalent of buying a SF pr60 which plenty of people have done.

jorgelrod

Hooked
At the risk of sounding NOOBish, isn't the front axle Full float anyways? I mean the weight of the vehicle is being carried by the axle, not the shafts, am I correct?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
qwasin said:
I just think that the attitude towards the front spindle kit would be a bit different if the brand was different.

Cool story bro. Being that you said it on the internet, it must be true.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At the risk of sounding NOOBish, isn't the front axle Full float anyways? I mean the weight of the vehicle is being carried by the axle, not the shafts, am I correct?

Technically speaking, you are correct - the weight up front is supported by the knuckle/axle. Full float is typically a term used when a hub and spindle is utilized.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Kalums

I just want to know what idiot would throw more $$ at an already known issue rather than just replacing for better. REGARDLESS of what brand you may or may not be loyal to or prefer. I don't know anyone who regularly contibutes to this forum that would tell anyone else on here or in real life to throw money at a D30 unless it was for c-gussets and even then those are pointless depending on what you use you jeep for on a regular basis. So either you think so little about us individually or as a forum or you are just trolling for an argument. Either way it's just sad.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom